No rating

The Evans School

Private | PK-6 | 100 students

Student diversity

Living in La Jolla

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $810,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,690.

Posted June 28, 2014

As an alum of the school I have to say that I am embarrassed to have attended and would absolutely not send my own children. There are so many elements of the school that are absolutely ridiculous, unnecessary, and antiquated. Rigid expectations squeeze the creativity out of children. The over-the-top uniforms and emphasis on memorizing Christmas carols for holiday pageants are emblematic of the "just for show" priorities and unanalyzed privilege that is perpetuated by the school.

Posted February 26, 2013

I honestly do not know if I can express to you how much I LOVE The Evans School!!!!! My daughter attend another private school in La Jolla for years and due to several issues I had with this school I found The Evans and I have not looked back.! Aside from the TOP academic program, the children learn so much of what is lacking in society today. They learn, honesty,kindness, respect, sportsmanship, integrity among many other things. They have amazing art, drama, physical education program as well as teaching the children public speaking. I am so thrilled everyday to be a part of the Evans community! My daughter sings everyday she comes home for hours and is enthusiastic and beyond excited to go to school everyday! The children are well mannered and parents are so involved. The school is run by Ms Gale and Mrs A . They are such incredible women. Role models and work so hard to make our school safe, healthy and challenging ! I LOVE THE EVANS SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!! It is gold standard for education no question ......Best school in San Diego if not the nation!

Posted February 23, 2013

The Evans School is ideal for our family. Their small class sizes and close interaction among pupils and teachers fosters an environment that allows all students to excel. The school offers a traditional curriculum and encourages students to develop strong character foundations

6510 La Jolla Scenic Drive