Posted October 28, 2012
Avocado Elementary school is outstanding. Four of my six grandchildren have or are now attending Avocado Elementary and they are excited to get up and go to school. The principal is new to the school this year and a delight to talk to. Mrs. Butler and Mrs. Tea are absolute Dears and have made learning both fun and challenging.Mrs. Dunkle, a new 4th grade teacher to Avocado Elementary, is very friendly and energetic and a wonderful addition to the teaching staff. I love this school and would recommend it as a top rate school to anyone inquiring about it. Thank you Avocado Elementary for providing the quality education that all children deserve.

Posted August 25, 2011
Everything a parent would hope for in a school!The principal, teachers and staff really care about kids and it shows. Both of my children attended k through 5th grade at this wonderful school. both of my children have been very sucessful and are honors students. There are many active parents that add to the school where the budget is lacking. PTA parents work hard to raise funds to provide art, music, field trips, assemblys, a yearbook, school events, after school enrichment and much more. It is like a big family. Some of my best friends came from volunteering at the school, The teachers are all top quality and do above and beyond for the kids. The principal is outstanding. Love this school!

Posted January 13, 2011
My son goes to this school and is now in the 2nd grade. I've been very satisfied with all of the teachers and Mr. Burke. I look foward to my 3yr old also attending when the time comes. They have great teachers and t he PTA is very nice and does a lot for the school! Great job teachers, PTA and students!!! Keep up the good work.

Posted September 06, 2010
Avocado has been exemplary for my children. We transferred because of the well rounded staff, principal, and parents. The API scores are climbing steadily. I appreciate the PTA for everything they provide for the children with the budget cuts. This school was challenged, and they stepped up to the plate. We miss you tremendously, Avocado!

Posted August 14, 2010
We have been at Avocado for 6 years and looking forward to our 7th. We have one graduate that loved the school and volunteers to help at fall festival with other Avocado grads! Our younger daughter has had a great experience with outstanding teachers every year. She actually cant wait to go back to school every year! The PTA is great. They really put out a tremendous effort for the fall festival, talent show, and improved exposure to art and music. Both principals we have had are fantastic! Mr. Burke knows all the kids names and students are always approaching him to ask questions or just chat. The students are exposed to wide spectrum of cultural, ethnic, and financial experiences. I really cannot say enough great stuff about this school. I recommend Avocado without reservation as an outstanding school!

Posted August 11, 2010
My daughter has attended Avocado since kindergarten. She is now heading into the fourth grade. I have nothing but great things to say about Avocado. Despite the typical PTA stereotype, they are all friendly and are always looking for new faces to join. Not only the PTA, but the parents work so hard for the school raising a lot of money, which allows the kids to have art and music, go on fieldtrips, and many more activities. The teachers are awesome! They go above and beyond for the kids. Mr. Burke really cares about the kids, teachers and the parents. I never have an issue when I want to stop by his office to catch up on our schools achievements. Avocado made the California Distinguished School this year. My daughter would not want to be anywhere else. She loves it there.

Posted June 15, 2010
Avocado has been SOOO wonderful for my son. He is just ending Kindergarten and had not been in school previously. His teacher kept in contact with me and he did a fabulous job making friends and he excells in math and reading now. Mr. Burke seems to want to get to know the children and doesn't seem to be complacent sitting behind and desk and only dealing with challenges. He seems to love the kids. But best of all was my son's teacher... thank you so very much for all of your hard work! You are what parents hope for when their children go to school!

Posted August 19, 2009
My son will be starting 2nd grade at Avocado and we are very excited to see him have another successful year. This will be his 3rd year at this great school. We have always had a great experience and my son has loved the previous two teachers. Hats of to Mrs. Butler and Mrs. Tea. They are GREAT teachers.

Avocado Elementary School 0

Posted August 16, 2009
I have had two children go through Avocado and have had great results with their academic achievement as a direct result of attending this school. It's a school with an awesome family feel. You can actually befriend the teachers and you feel that they are on your side. Love the teachers and the new principal, Mr. Burke is very welcoming! Also love that it doesn't have that 'exclusive' feel to it- they really care and want to see you child succeed. Great school!

Avocado Elementary School 0

Posted February 11, 2009
Overall the schools in the cajon district is great. We came from city school. Its a big difference. I have no room to complain about anything

Avocado Elementary School
3845 Avocado School Road, La Mesa, CA  91941
Last modified Avocado Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avocado Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top