La Mesa, CA

La Mesa Dale Elementary School 5

Posted August 17, 2015
I have nothing but great things to say about this school. My oldest just started TK and from the moment I entered I was treated with a respectful, helpful, very nice Mrs. Connie. Who also took the time to explain to me how to enroll our daughter and what to expect. She answered all my questions and was so polite. The principal, I won't try to type her last name because I might butcher it, seemed very warm and welcoming. Answerig questions and greeting me as I walked by. On my second time ever meeting her she remembered me and my name. There has to be a minimum of thousand parents of students and yet I was remembered. That touched me. I always see her patrolling the halls stopping to talk with parents and answer questions and she always does so with a smile. I've read some reviews that said their children have too much play and not enough education: My daughter tells me something new everyday and on that note I hate to burst anyones bubble but children learn lessons that stay with them through life by playing. Whoever said learning shouldn't be fun? I can't speak for other teachers but my daughter loves hers, Mrs. Saltzman. I feel like a lot of these reviews are quick to point out problems but are short on ways to solve any issues. I honestly feel like the people in this school generally care for my daughter and all of the students. I personally want to be apart of that and help improve HER experience as much as possible. The staff seems very open to suggestions. I pray that if you read this review you will give this school a chance, or a second chance if your child is already here and you have an adverse opinion. Overall, I am very satisfied with with the staff and education my daughter is receiving.

Posted August 15, 2015
I have a 5th grader and a 1st grader. I have to say they have received a fantastic education, and their teachers really seem to care about the kids. I've been really impressed coming from san diego unified as far as the quality of teachers and the culture at the school. I'm looking forward to my youngest starting kindergarten this year.

La Mesa Dale Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2014
This school is horrible! The principal and some of the other staff talk about the students, parents and each other. They focus more on feeding the poor kids there than education. The school was a lot better before this principal got there. They're a few good teachers at this school.

Posted April 12, 2014
The curriculum at this school has taught me almost everything that I know today, from my letters and shapes in kindergarten, to algebra and pronouns in 6th grade. I strongly recommend sending your child to this school.

Posted January 10, 2014
We have been here for over 2 years. If you get a good teacher that cares about education then your ok. However I feel that a lot of the teacher have the mentality that they are kids and they should spend the day playing. I've been told that most teacher plan the curriculum for the day while the kids are on the playground, or at lunch. I have a second grader and they sometimes go all day without writing a sentence. How is that possible? They are on the playground or doing artwork more then they are in the classroom doing work. I'm very concerned that my kids will behind when we move from here.

Posted December 19, 2013
This school had a reputation of a good elementary school and as I made the decision to have my child get in a good safe and healthy environment to be educated, I ve become more convinced that the school has one of the worst administrative scholar staff I have ever seen. Been rude is the least I could say about how the leaders of the school do communicate and that sadly that includes the principal which does never remember a basic conversation skill "greeting" which is just one of many lacks of social interaction qualities. I now do understand why the grading of this school has degraded from 9 to 5 in a matter of three years. Shame on you! A concerned parent

La Mesa Dale Elementary School 5

Posted August 03, 2013
La Mesa Dale Elementary is great school with good teachers, an awesome principal and the most wonderful hard working kids! The goal at La Mesa Dale is not only SUCCESS but just as importantly RESPECT and the SAFETY for our children. Our schools are the one place that we should feel is a safe place for our children and that is not the case in these times as so many of you know from watching the news. La Mesa Dale works very hard to make sure our kids are safe from harm and bullying as well as having a great education! I believe that these are some of the wonderful reasons why La Mesa Dale Elementary deserves this awesome privilege!! Thank you (:

Posted June 10, 2013
My 2 nieces go to this school. They seem to always love thier teachers. I personally am not impressed with the school. The teachers are rude & some of their rules to pick up your kids are on the rediculous side of things. As for what they are learning; a whole lot of nothing. The girls come home without complete instruction on how to do their assignments. I'm often the one who helps them & it's hard to help when you don't have instructions to read.

Posted June 10, 2013
My daughter attended K-3rd at this school. I feel the only year she was pushed to excel was her 2nd grade year thanks to a hard working, caring, "strict" teacher. Her 3rd grade year was horrible, in my opinion. I had to not just help but explain her homework every.day! My daughter knew more about the teacher's personal life than I was comfortable with from overhearing adult conversations in the classroom. I decided to homeschool and have seen great improvements in her academics and behavior with siblings. The snobby "attitude" was very mild but it's gone. My daughter has a much brighter future ahead of her now that she's a homeschool student. We don't dumb anything down and she has more time for sports.

Posted April 26, 2013
My grandaughter goes to LaMesa Dale. I live almost 300 miles away, but I am impressed withthe knowledge she is gaining from the school. I attended one open house and the teacher was very caring and interested in the way her students learned.

La Mesa Dale Elementary School
4370 Parks Avenue, La Mesa, CA  91941
Last modified La Mesa Dale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Mesa Dale Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top