La Mesa, CA

La Mesa Dale Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2014
This school is horrible! The principal and some of the other staff talk about the students, parents and each other. They focus more on feeding the poor kids there than education. The school was a lot better before this principal got there. They're a few good teachers at this school.

Posted April 12, 2014
The curriculum at this school has taught me almost everything that I know today, from my letters and shapes in kindergarten, to algebra and pronouns in 6th grade. I strongly recommend sending your child to this school.

Posted January 10, 2014
We have been here for over 2 years. If you get a good teacher that cares about education then your ok. However I feel that a lot of the teacher have the mentality that they are kids and they should spend the day playing. I've been told that most teacher plan the curriculum for the day while the kids are on the playground, or at lunch. I have a second grader and they sometimes go all day without writing a sentence. How is that possible? They are on the playground or doing artwork more then they are in the classroom doing work. I'm very concerned that my kids will behind when we move from here.

Posted December 19, 2013
This school had a reputation of a good elementary school and as I made the decision to have my child get in a good safe and healthy environment to be educated, I ve become more convinced that the school has one of the worst administrative scholar staff I have ever seen. Been rude is the least I could say about how the leaders of the school do communicate and that sadly that includes the principal which does never remember a basic conversation skill "greeting" which is just one of many lacks of social interaction qualities. I now do understand why the grading of this school has degraded from 9 to 5 in a matter of three years. Shame on you! A concerned parent

La Mesa Dale Elementary School 5

Posted August 03, 2013
La Mesa Dale Elementary is great school with good teachers, an awesome principal and the most wonderful hard working kids! The goal at La Mesa Dale is not only SUCCESS but just as importantly RESPECT and the SAFETY for our children. Our schools are the one place that we should feel is a safe place for our children and that is not the case in these times as so many of you know from watching the news. La Mesa Dale works very hard to make sure our kids are safe from harm and bullying as well as having a great education! I believe that these are some of the wonderful reasons why La Mesa Dale Elementary deserves this awesome privilege!! Thank you (:

Posted June 10, 2013
My 2 nieces go to this school. They seem to always love thier teachers. I personally am not impressed with the school. The teachers are rude & some of their rules to pick up your kids are on the rediculous side of things. As for what they are learning; a whole lot of nothing. The girls come home without complete instruction on how to do their assignments. I'm often the one who helps them & it's hard to help when you don't have instructions to read.

Posted June 10, 2013
My daughter attended K-3rd at this school. I feel the only year she was pushed to excel was her 2nd grade year thanks to a hard working, caring, "strict" teacher. Her 3rd grade year was horrible, in my opinion. I had to not just help but explain her homework every.day! My daughter knew more about the teacher's personal life than I was comfortable with from overhearing adult conversations in the classroom. I decided to homeschool and have seen great improvements in her academics and behavior with siblings. The snobby "attitude" was very mild but it's gone. My daughter has a much brighter future ahead of her now that she's a homeschool student. We don't dumb anything down and she has more time for sports.

Posted April 26, 2013
My grandaughter goes to LaMesa Dale. I live almost 300 miles away, but I am impressed withthe knowledge she is gaining from the school. I attended one open house and the teacher was very caring and interested in the way her students learned.

Posted February 03, 2011
Hello everybody. I'm nobody special but did go to La Mesa Dale in, let's see, about 1957 in the 6th grade. I think the teacher's name was Mr. Rose, and he had quite an effect on me. I wonder if there is any "alumni group" or ever yearbooks for that period back there. When I returned to SD after a long absence I drove past the school and was happy it was still here after have a century, and looked about the same.

La Mesa Dale Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
I am a community volunteer at La Mesa Dale and I feel it's a real privilege to be able to work with these wonderful and staff. Everywhere you go the children are smiling and ready to learn. The front office staff always gives me a warm welcome and the principal is always out and about with the children. With everything else a principal needs to do, Dr. Avery finds time almost everyday to monitor the lunch lines and chat with the children about their day, their weekend, the latest book they've read. She knows so many many of them by name and you can see how much she genuinely cares about them. The teachers are very compassionate with the children. I've heard Mrs. Howard talking to the children in her room with such genuine love that I only wish my children had such a teacher when they were in school.

La Mesa Dale Elementary School
4370 Parks Avenue, La Mesa, CA  91941
Last modified La Mesa Dale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Mesa Dale Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top