La Mesa, CA

Posted May 12, 2014
I am giving one star only because negative values are unavailable. Last year, I thought this was a good school. This year, the administration is unable or more shockingly unwilling to deal with the bullies that are attacking my son and his friends at school. The Principal, Dean of Students, and Counselor seem to be unconcerned about the well-being of my son. I do not know whether my next step will be the Superintendent or a lawyer.

Posted April 26, 2013
Best School On Living Earth. Amazing honor and noble role parties. Game rooms and Events like Evening Of The Stars and Evening Of The Arts. Lots of electives and clubs to choose from. LMMS IS THE BEST. (:

Posted July 22, 2012
I have two sons...my oldest has already went through LMMS....I love this school...starting with the principal. Beth Thomas she is amazing, she loves the students and the school. I have the utmost respect for her. Bonnie Hayman is just amazing, she goes above and beyond. I am excited for my youngest to attend I want to get more involved with this school and the staff. I love when schools have such a great close community feel....My oldest son is doing great at Helix and I owe part of this to Rolando teachers and LMMS teachers....love these two school and would suggest them to everyone.

Posted February 02, 2012
i just promoted from LMMS this summer and i have to say i prity much hated it there i had some great experiences and have met some great people and i don't regret it, but i feel if i went to a different school i would have gotten a better education. some teachers were great good and some even fun but most had none of the above and bearly teach you a thing and have no good teaching strategys. and the principal taking time away with endless announcements and incredible boring assemblies that make you wish you were in class.

Posted February 12, 2011
I would suggest to go else where. This school use to be very school spirited back in the late 90's but going to the school through the mid 2000's it seemed like it lacked Teachers that really cared about its students. The p.e teachers really need to step it up and show respect to students at times.. I remember asking to sit in the shade due to health issues I had as well as being in 100 degree weather towards the summer you would think the pe staff would let the students go in the shade.. but no!, I felt that alot of the Pe teachers were very loose on bad behaivior. The majority of the teachers were ok, but not extraordinary, lacks a spark that I use to get from great teachers ive had in the past. The lunches were not great either, seemed like alot of the free to reduced lunch was sitting around for days, and options to buy lunch form the other line were too expensive. I stuggled with math in high school mostly because I had a teacher that only played disney and hollywood movies, sure back then it was cool to see that a teacher would do that, but when you get older you see that you did not learn a thing...

Posted January 18, 2011
No leadership from the Principal (Beth Thomas) who apparently has little respect for her students or teachers, as she frequently interrupts class and drones on endlessly during announcements. Events don't start on time and sometimes seem chaotic. Teachers that refuse to use the internet or email, even when offered help. New band instructor can't hold a candle to his predecessor and the band's performance reflects it. I think a leadership change would go a long way towards improving things and motivating the teachers that do care.

Posted June 28, 2010
I was a 6th grader at lmms and i would NEVER recommend it. EVER. I was on the honor role every quarter and am a nice kid so i don't have any revenge issues. This is just my experience but i know many other kids who feel the same. my teachers spend most of their time playing on the computer, yelling at the bad kids ,and eating junk food in front of us as "punishment". the hallway passing time is full of cussing and fights and they would call me white girl all the time. it's not a good learning environment overall. i'm not even good in math but i got an A and i don't think they are challenging enough. i will be going to a new school next year because my mom thinks LMMS needs to change and the budget cuts will make the teachers even worse.a

Posted June 08, 2010
LMMS use to be a great school...I use the term use to. The new principle(Beth Thomas) was a bad fit not only for the students but for the parents and parent volunteers as well. She needs to be replaced for the school to get back on track...as long as she is there I would find a school elsewhere!

Posted May 25, 2010
i went to la mesa middle when i was in the 6th grade.i wished i never went there; because of them i had to repeat the 6th grade when i moved because they lost all of my paper work. if you child goes here or wants to go here, talk them out of it cause this school is the wrong choice!!!

Posted May 05, 2010

La Mesa Middle School
4200 Parks Avenue, La Mesa, CA  91941
Last modified La Mesa Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Mesa Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top