Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Maryland Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted November 18, 2015
I like that my son's TK teacher cares. My son can be a handful and I need to stay on top of him. His teacher supports me by providing daily updates if needed if there is a behavior issue. I'm also a big fan of the before and after care program (ESS).

Maryland Avenue Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 08, 2015
I can only speak for my own experience with Mrs. Goergens. My daughter was doing well all year.

Maryland Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2015
My Daughter went to Kindergarten here and we had a great experience with Mrs. Goergens. She truly loves teaching and has a great program. Our Daughter really missed her at the end of the year. The school itself is apparently doing the best it can with its obviously limited underfunding. It's sad that CA schools are so neglected by the State. The teachers are what make it great.

Posted August 08, 2014
We love this school! My daughter's first year was as a Kindergartner last year, her teachers Mrs. Dullea and Mrs. Reisenfeld were GREAT! I am happy and glad that she gets to come back to this school, she enjoyed and learned so much and very quick! This year she's coming as a 1st Grader and we can't wait, what this good school has for her! Thanks for being Awesome Maryland Ave Elementary! Thanks to all the staff, Principal and Teachers!!

Maryland Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2014
I had the worst experience in these school. My son was mistreated in somany ways, specially when they decided to take control of his EIP hours without telling me. It wa so bad. I was so worry because they were hitting so many things from me, until I confronted them in a meeting. I'll I can think of, is that the State was giving them more money and that's the reason they took control without being upfront with us.

Posted May 02, 2014
My child is in kindergarten at Maryland and she loves it! Her teacher is amazing and she always raves about the staff. I love it because I've met so many other parents who are dedicated to their child's education and it is so nice having a sense of community amongst the parents. Highly recommend Maryland!

Posted April 02, 2014
I absolutely LOVE Maryland Avenue Elementary School. My kids love there teachers and the teachers show that they care for each and every student that comes through the door. The office staff is also very patient and some know each student by name. I wish more schools were like this.

Maryland Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2013
lousy. no different than any other school in the La Mesa Spring Valley School District. The Superintendant is doing a poor job.

Posted June 22, 2013
This is my school and it deserves a 10 it is such a great place if u are new to Vista and looking fo an elementry school pick Maryland

Posted January 03, 2013
We are finding this school a delight! The atmosphere and the energy is positive, uplifting and very friendly. I have seen the principal and staff at every event and even bag groceries at Fresh n' Easy night. They are very accessible also. Each event put on by the PTA is very well attended!! The teachers are very dedicated. Our teacher has gone out of her way to help us. My child goes to school happy and comes home happy every day. That makes me happy!

Maryland Avenue Elementary School
5400 Maryland Avenue, La Mesa, CA  91941-5214
Last modified Maryland Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.