La Mesa, CA

Posted August 08, 2014
We love this school! My daughter's first year was as a Kindergartner last year, her teachers Mrs. Dullea and Mrs. Reisenfeld were GREAT! I am happy and glad that she gets to come back to this school, she enjoyed and learned so much and very quick! This year she's coming as a 1st Grader and we can't wait, what this good school has for her! Thanks for being Awesome Maryland Ave Elementary! Thanks to all the staff, Principal and Teachers!!

Maryland Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2014
I had the worst experience in these school. My son was mistreated in somany ways, specially when they decided to take control of his EIP hours without telling me. It wa so bad. I was so worry because they were hitting so many things from me, until I confronted them in a meeting. I'll I can think of, is that the State was giving them more money and that's the reason they took control without being upfront with us.

Posted May 02, 2014
My child is in kindergarten at Maryland and she loves it! Her teacher is amazing and she always raves about the staff. I love it because I've met so many other parents who are dedicated to their child's education and it is so nice having a sense of community amongst the parents. Highly recommend Maryland!

Posted April 02, 2014
I absolutely LOVE Maryland Avenue Elementary School. My kids love there teachers and the teachers show that they care for each and every student that comes through the door. The office staff is also very patient and some know each student by name. I wish more schools were like this.

Maryland Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2013
lousy. no different than any other school in the La Mesa Spring Valley School District. The Superintendant is doing a poor job.

Posted June 22, 2013
This is my school and it deserves a 10 it is such a great place if u are new to Vista and looking fo an elementry school pick Maryland

Posted January 03, 2013
We are finding this school a delight! The atmosphere and the energy is positive, uplifting and very friendly. I have seen the principal and staff at every event and even bag groceries at Fresh n' Easy night. They are very accessible also. Each event put on by the PTA is very well attended!! The teachers are very dedicated. Our teacher has gone out of her way to help us. My child goes to school happy and comes home happy every day. That makes me happy!

Posted December 18, 2012
My son attends preschool at Maryland Avenue and I could not be more pleased. He has never been in any type of daycare or preschool setting before, so naturally I was nervous about his first preschool experience. The preschool teachers, Mrs. Woods, Mrs. Knapp, and Ms. Kaitlin were all very warm, reassuring, and welcoming. They provide a fantastic learning environment with lots of arts, crafts, music, reading, and general learning that prepares the children for Kindergarten. The teachers work well together and create an environment of friendship and teamwork among the children. My son is excited about preschool each day and never clings to me or cries when I drop him off. When I ask him his feedback on his preschool he usually says that he had a great day and will talk excitedly about the events of his school day. Lastly, the quality of the school grounds, class room materials, and snacks are high as well. I am thrilled and grateful for the high quality educational foundation my son is getting at the Maryland Ave Elementary School.

Posted September 05, 2011
this year is my child's first year at this school and it has been a great experience. As a parent I had many concerns, down to the end but one I met his teacher, Mrs. Gasper, she is wonderful and eager for parental assistance. My son is learning so much and is eager to wake up early just to get to school I feel confident having my child there and proud of the hard work of the teachers and staff who work very hard to care for the kids and their safety.

Maryland Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted September 28, 2009

Maryland Avenue Elementary School
5400 Maryland Avenue, La Mesa, CA  91941
Last modified Maryland Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maryland Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top