Bad
Good

We moved our son to Murray Manor last year and have not regretted one day!! He has Asperger's Syndrome and was bullyed at his previous school. When we found Murray Manor it was literally a breath of fresh air. He now has "Autism Advocates" that help him socialize better on the playground, his teachers work with him, the facility listen to him at lunchtime when he's stressed and the Principal understands the need for a safe environment for all the children. The children that have formed this speical group to support my child should be commended along with their parents for being supportive at home and at school. With the state of our schools these days, it's so much harder for the teachers and facility. I wish we could spread Murray Manor's collective Team concept to all schools and create an environment of education to bring the next generation to it's highest potential...

My only complaint is the pick-up/drop-off process. The school did away w/their buses "as a way to promote healthy living," which is great if you live within a mile radius of the school. This is greatly inefficient for single car families & dual working parents who do not live in walking distance. The process itself is absolutely horrid & disorganized. Parking is basically nonexistent, there just isn't any but a small handful on school property which forces you to find parking on the street or in the parking lots of local businesses. I've even witnessed parents receiving tickets for parking in the wrong spots on school property. As you can imagine, parents are frantically rushing in & out w/their cars &/or aimlessly running in front of moving cars. It's gotten so awful that everyday I can bet I will get into a near car wreck or come close to hitting one of the many dozens of parents, w/children in tow, who don't use the crosswalk & rush out into the street, expecting car drivers to slam on their brakes for them. These are just a few of my qualms in regards to the issue. It's an absolute shame because it's a horrible accident waiting to happen that could be easily avoided.

This is a G-R-E-A-T school, period. Ambitious but caring teachers, and office personnel. I hope we get someone as awesome as Mr. Magliato again for principal though... I laughed at somebody saying parents aren't involved enough.. I was always mad how much they are involved, makes me feel guilty as I work full time and can't be there all the time!!!

I love Murray Manor! The teachers are great and the Principal is amazing! Parents and Faculty are very involved and you can tell! We have been going to MM for 3 years now and cant say anything bad. The PTA is awesome too!

It's ok. It's cliquish. It's who you know. And I don't think they handle the mean kids adequately. But the test scores are high. And very few parents are involved really.

i love the teachers most .they are great and so involve with the activities.want to see more.

This is such an excellent school! There is great parent involvement,and the principal is amazing. The staff really cares about their school, and their students.

If you want a great school with amazing parent involvement and a principal who is committed to excellence and quality education, then Murray Manor is for your child! The teachers are top notch and even during these troublesome times of budget cuts and HUGE class sizes, they continue to do the right thing and teach our kids to the best of their ability! I am amazed at how many awesome parents are willing to help out in the classrooms and fight to keep education thriving during this horrific budget slashing crisis that California is going through.

My kids have been at Murray Manor since they started school and until last year (4th grade) we had a GREAT experience. Last year they increased class sizes to 36 kids in the 4th and 5th grade classrooms. WHAT A DISASTER! The kids are LOST in a sea of bodies. The teachers try and they seem to care but their hands are tied. It is not their choice to have that many in class, but just today I had a parent tell me that the teacher does not even know his daughters name yet and we are 4 weeks into the school year. As a teacher myself I just have to say that California and La Mesa district in particular must bring back smaller class sizes! Our kids are just #'s and learning is being lost!

Love the school, parent involvement is amazing! The teachers really care about the kids and they encourage and uplift the students. Love this school!

Last modified Murray Manor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.