PK-8 & Ungraded|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Christ Lutheran School (Preschool - 8th Grade) is an amazing place to raise kids! I've had the privilege of leading this excellent school for fifteen years. At Christ Lutheran School we love Jesus, love families, celebrate growth, and get excited about learning. Contact our admissions counselor and schedule a tour. Come and discover the Spirit that defines us!
May 05, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Children are expected to live out their Christian values and the teachers and staff are wonderful role models to them.

We have the best of all worlds at Christ Lutheran. High academic and character standards combined with the most heart-warming, loving environment makes this the ideal setting for my young children (and me!)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Character counts and is taught. Teachers don't let things slide just because it's not math or science. Being a kind, respectful friend matters and is taught too.

Love, love, love Christ Lutheran School! Forever grateful for the safe, loving, positive learning environment the principal & teachers foster. Never thought twice about our decision to send our kids to Christ Lutheran. It's our second home where everybody knows our names :)

Two of my Three Children have had the Privilege of attending Christ Lutheran La Mesa. My Middle daughter attended from 2 years old until she graduated in 8th grade, and I currently have a 2nd grade student. I love this School, and the Church! The Staff and Teachers are wonderful, and our Pastors are the Best! Not only do they get to be in a loving Environment each day, but I know they are getting a Great Education.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

This is the only school I know of where the teachers still do home visits to meet each of the families of their incoming students. Christ Lutheran encourages and supports a strong parent teacher relationship.

We began a search of schools when our daughter was 3 to get a head start. During our search we came across Christ Lutheran. From the moment we had our tour, it felt like home. From the principal to the teachers to the front office staff, every single encounter exposed the joyful passion this group has for the students and the work they do!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted May 05, 2015

Christ Lutheran School is now our #1 reason to stay right where we are until both kids have finished the 8th grade. Not only our children getting an excellent education, they are ENJOYING school, they are being NURTURED by the teachers and staff, my husband and I are INVOLVED in the school community and we have made as many friends as our children have. We feel that our children are SAFE at Christ Lutheran and LOVED by their teachers. This school has great TRADITIONS that have been passed down for 55 years like the buddy programs, the all-school musicals and the desk decorating. Christ Lutheran graduates go on to the high schools of their choice and, I believe, have the proper ACADEMIC and VALUES foundation to thrive wherever that might be.

Although the decision to send a child to private school is a big financial commitment, we don't regret for one minute the sacrifices we have had to make so that our kids could attend Christ Lutheran School. The rigorous education and faith based atmosphere has created a sound foundation as my children move on to high school, college and beyond. They have learned great study habits, time management, social and public speaking skills, and responsibility for their success. In 2009, Christ Lutheran was awarded both the Pacific Southwest District Teacher of the Year award and the Administrator of the Year award. Athletics include volleyball and basketball in their amazing gymnasium facility. The only downside is that they do not currently have a field that allows for outside sports like soccer, football and baseball. Kids who participate in those activities find rec or club teams within their communities. The school has weekly chapel (often led by the students), discipleship classes, and monthly youth group sessions where they can share their love for Christ and learn how they can be dynamic disciples in our communities. Take a tour--you won't be disappointed!

Last modified Christ Lutheran School is a Private school