PK-8 & Ungraded
La Mesa, CA

Posted June 17, 2014
Christ Lutheran School is now our #1 reason to stay right where we are until both kids have finished the 8th grade. Not only our children getting an excellent education, they are ENJOYING school, they are being NURTURED by the teachers and staff, my husband and I are INVOLVED in the school community and we have made as many friends as our children have. We feel that our children are SAFE at Christ Lutheran and LOVED by their teachers. This school has great TRADITIONS that have been passed down for 55 years like the buddy programs, the all-school musicals and the desk decorating. Christ Lutheran graduates go on to the high schools of their choice and, I believe, have the proper ACADEMIC and VALUES foundation to thrive wherever that might be.

Posted June 02, 2013
Although the decision to send a child to private school is a big financial commitment, we don't regret for one minute the sacrifices we have had to make so that our kids could attend Christ Lutheran School. The rigorous education and faith based atmosphere has created a sound foundation as my children move on to high school, college and beyond. They have learned great study habits, time management, social and public speaking skills, and responsibility for their success. In 2009, Christ Lutheran was awarded both the Pacific Southwest District Teacher of the Year award and the Administrator of the Year award. Athletics include volleyball and basketball in their amazing gymnasium facility. The only downside is that they do not currently have a field that allows for outside sports like soccer, football and baseball. Kids who participate in those activities find rec or club teams within their communities. The school has weekly chapel (often led by the students), discipleship classes, and monthly youth group sessions where they can share their love for Christ and learn how they can be dynamic disciples in our communities. Take a tour--you won't be disappointed!

Posted May 27, 2013
This is the best decision we have made for our family! As working parents, we were very thoughtful in deciding where to send our children to school. We could not be happier than we are with Christ Lutheran! The staff genuinely love our kids! The time they invest in creating an environment where kids not only grow but thrive socially, spiritually and academically is top notch! We have been members of another church for many years, and if we were not, Christ Lutheran would be a place we would plant our own spiritual roots as well. If you are looking for a school where the teachers, principals and staff are extraordinary, progressive and true partners in the education journey, you will be delighted with the gem of a school CLS is! Stop by for a tour .... just be prepared to not want to leave!

Posted May 20, 2013
There are so many decisions to be made with regards to raising kids. What a relief to know that I can rest confidently in the place and people that my children spend the majority of their week day time with. Christ Lutheran School is a great school. It is a school commited to real faith development, quality academics, and developing habits (responsibility, cooperation, hard-work) in my kids that matter to our family. The beautiful new facility is a great bonus. Visit the school. You'll quickly fall in love.

Posted May 20, 2013
What an amazing Environment! My daughter has been attending Christ Lutheran School for 6 years, and she has loved every minute of it! And as a parent...well, if your child is happy, you are happy. She looks forward to going to school every day. The curriculum is top notch. The teachers are excellent as teachers, as well as great friends.....to us as well as our daughter. And the christian atmosphere is loving, nurturing and has really strengthened our daughters faith. Private school is always a financial sacrifice, but I would not change it for anything. Cannot say enough good things about CLS, this school is truly a blessing!

Posted May 20, 2013
I know I make the right decision about enrolling my two children in Christ Lutheran when I pick them up from school everyday. They are so happy and excited about their day and I know that during the time they spend there they are getting not only the best education but are learning Christian values as well. The teachers truly care about all the students you can see that in each one of them. They are lucky enough to have the best principal I have ever run across. She has created a loving and caring environment for all the children. I am constantly impressed with my girls progress as we go through each grade and we are so excited when each new year begins as we know what wonderful experiences are in store for them with each new teacher. I can't say enough about Christ Lutheran La Mesa, all you have to do is visit. The facility is superior to other schools and very impressive. If you are looking for a Christ centered education in a loving and caring environment you need to come to Christ Lutheran. I wouldn't have my kids go anywhere else.

Posted May 20, 2013
Christ Lutheran School is a place you certainly feel the love of Jesus Christ present in abundance. I find such joy in my profession as a teacher, and my joy is multiplied by the blessing I have to work at a school that values growth and knowledge of Jesus as our Savior. Christ Lutheran is my home and family in addition to the place I work, and I couldn't be happier to join the other staff members and parents in ministry to share the love of God with students every day. Teachers at CLS love and care about students' growth academically and spiritually and we pray daily for the children in our school. It is a joy to be a part of a 54 year legacy of growth, learning, and success!

Christ Lutheran School 3

Posted April 06, 2013
There are many elements that go into choosing a school and what is difficult about evaluating the reviews is that the parents who have chosen the school will love it and parents who have had an issue will give it one star. This school has a good Christian atmosphere. Some teachers are experienced, some are not. The curriculum is average. It is not in the best part of town (take a look at the houses across the street when you visit) I tried very hard to be impressed with this school because of the price and the Christ-centered focus. I am still trying, but as of yet, I can not recommend this school, even after having a child attend. We are looking at the other options in San Diego and for what we see for an improvement in location, teacher qualification, and curriculum the price is close to double.

Posted July 28, 2012
Both of my children attended Christ Lutheran School through 8th grade. This is a wonderful school. The academics are rigorous, the faith-based education is hugely beneficial and the staff is exceptional. CLS has taught my children to be independent, self-starting and responsible - in a loving and caring atmosphere. The teachers are outstanding - both academicly and as Christians. They truly care about your children, both as students and children of God. And how many students have a principal that greets each and every student by name every morning!

Posted July 23, 2012
Christ Lutheran School is an amazing school that will provide your child with an incredible education, countless extracurricular activities, teachers and administrators who truly care about your chid, and most importanty a Christian educaton! Graduates of Christ Lutheran School find the transition to high school to be easy because of the quality education they received. The greatest joy is to see your child become a fantasic adult who has a heart for our Lord, finds joy in serving others, wants to make a difference in their community and world, is loving, respectful, and has obtained the skills needed to be succesful in college and in life! Thank you Chirst Lutheran School!!!!!!!!!!!

Christ Lutheran School