2,373 students|Anaheim Union High

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted May 23, 2016
I would like to praise Silvia Van Wye, the community liaison. She works so hard to bring the school community together at both Kennedy High and Walker Jr. High. She is an ardent parent advocate and connects the school and parents/students in an efficient way. She organizes and participates classes and event where all are invited and learn. She creates a wholesome community where school, parents and students work in harmony.

John F. Kennedy High School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 22, 2016
i would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the principal, Mr. Earnest, vice principals Mr. Santiago and Mes. Brown. They are hands-on administrators, proactively engaging in students' lives and listening to parents' concerns. They create a safe learning environment and excellent communicators. I am grateful for them and trust them with my children.

Posted April 02, 2015
People always say bad bad bad......... things about all schools its so dum. Com'n I think Kennedy High school is very good. Everyone has responsibilities. Staff are responsibe to give a good education and safe environment. Parents are responsible to punish their bad kids and disapline all students.So its not the schools responsibility for some bad students, ITS THE PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY AND FAULT. Please don't take this as an offense please.

Posted October 16, 2014
Poor morale. I would not have my kids attend this school as I have seen students disrespect school staff.

Posted August 02, 2014
My daughter goes to Kennedy and is now a senior. I don't recommend Kennedy at all; There are too many drugs, teachers and everyone that works there are rude. If you ask them how your kid is doing they think we are over protective, I'm not over protective they need to do there job better. Also, the counseling is bad as well just 2 weeks before school, got out I called and they never called me back. I'm very disappointed in KENNEDY. They take our money that the kids earn for the school that money was never used towards the school. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT WHAT I SAID IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS MESSAGE IS TRUE.

Posted February 25, 2014
Football Head Coach Johnson needs to seriously retire already. He does not know anything whatsoever about football, has a negative attitude towards players, does not let the other coaching staff make wise decisions, he is going to cause one of these kids to get injured by the way he is running his play formations. I as well as other parents are going to take this matter to the school district. We want our children to enjoy there sport and not take a hate for the game to the point where they would want to go elsewhere to get away from this coach. Please remove him as a coach and maybe we will get a chance at winnning

Posted August 10, 2013
this school sucks ive been there for two years and the teachers dont do nothing if a kid is bullied or gets into a fight.i do not recomend this school at all

Posted May 02, 2013
This has the greatest teachers, amazing sports, and numerous opportunities. It is the only school in the area with the International Baccalaureate program, it has very low discipline issues. and the entire administration/staff is helpful.

Posted April 10, 2012
This school is really great. Three of my children are currently attending this school now and has transferred from Cypress. The staff is very excellent with their academic level.

Posted March 03, 2012
The current principal is great, our performing arts center is unmatched, and our pool is beautiful. Currently, the IB program is rapidly expanding, and the API score is steadily increasing. For the most part, the teachers are extremely helpful and AP scores can illustrate this. I am currently a senior in IB and sports, and can say proudly that I love going here.

John F. Kennedy High School
8281 Walker Street, La Palma, CA  90623-2126
Last modified John F. Kennedy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.