La Palma, CA
Students enrolled: 2,425

Posted October 16, 2014
Poor morale. I would not have my kids attend this school as I have seen students disrespect school staff.

Posted August 02, 2014
My daughter goes to Kennedy and is now a senior. I don't recommend Kennedy at all; There are too many drugs, teachers and everyone that works there are rude. If you ask them how your kid is doing they think we are over protective, I'm not over protective they need to do there job better. Also, the counseling is bad as well just 2 weeks before school, got out I called and they never called me back. I'm very disappointed in KENNEDY. They take our money that the kids earn for the school that money was never used towards the school. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT WHAT I SAID IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS MESSAGE IS TRUE.

Posted February 25, 2014
Football Head Coach Johnson needs to seriously retire already. He does not know anything whatsoever about football, has a negative attitude towards players, does not let the other coaching staff make wise decisions, he is going to cause one of these kids to get injured by the way he is running his play formations. I as well as other parents are going to take this matter to the school district. We want our children to enjoy there sport and not take a hate for the game to the point where they would want to go elsewhere to get away from this coach. Please remove him as a coach and maybe we will get a chance at winnning

Posted August 10, 2013
this school sucks ive been there for two years and the teachers dont do nothing if a kid is bullied or gets into a fight.i do not recomend this school at all

Posted May 02, 2013
This has the greatest teachers, amazing sports, and numerous opportunities. It is the only school in the area with the International Baccalaureate program, it has very low discipline issues. and the entire administration/staff is helpful.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 10, 2012
This school is really great. Three of my children are currently attending this school now and has transferred from Cypress. The staff is very excellent with their academic level.

Posted March 03, 2012
The current principal is great, our performing arts center is unmatched, and our pool is beautiful. Currently, the IB program is rapidly expanding, and the API score is steadily increasing. For the most part, the teachers are extremely helpful and AP scores can illustrate this. I am currently a senior in IB and sports, and can say proudly that I love going here.

Posted March 24, 2011
I now have my second child attending this school and I am very pleased with the access to teachers and administrators. My child was having difficulty in math and both the adminstration and math teacher have bent over backwards to get him the help he needs. Awesome and attentive staff.

Posted July 19, 2010
My older son graduated last month and is going on to an Ivy League college. The Kennedy teaching staff were wonderful throughout his 4 years. The IB program that the school has to offer is a great way for seniors to get the attention of top tier colleges. Also, I applaud the teachers for quick email responses to issues and questions.

Posted March 08, 2010
This school lacks discipline. The student in the school runs the show. The administrations buy whatever story the student sales. If I am a parent, I would NEVER let my children go to this school. This school will teach my children that they can do whatever they want, whenever they feel like without consequences. There are several occasions where I heard teacher being swore at by students, and the administration gave them only an hour detention. Kennedy is turning into one of the WORST school in Anaheim District.

John F. Kennedy High School
8281 Walker Street, La Palma, CA  90623
Last modified John F. Kennedy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John F. Kennedy High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top