Bad
Good

My wife and i love the small classes, awesome teacher (Mrs. Roberts), incredible principal and the fact that my son loves going to school. He is learning so fast and says his teacher is so awesome~ love that he is happy. Communication with parents is very frequent and events for the family is offered as well. We love that it feels like a small town school.

This school is going down hill fast and it's very sad. We had an excellent principal who was very involved, enthusiastic and a great leader but because she made the superintendent mad by not playing her games, she was forcibly removed from her position and parents were told she resigned. We were lied to by the superintendent! So now we lack leadership because the new principal is out on leave and the vice principal does not have the ability to lead the school. Our teachers are discouraged, parents are frustrated and the students are suffering because of it. All because our principal wasn't a "yes" girl and she supposedly made the wrong person mad. Very sad! Don't put your child in this school! In fact don't put your child in this district!!

my son is attending K & his teacher encourages parents to get involve educating their kids.

Our family has found the G. B. Miller Elementary School to be the "best kept secret" in the La Palma school district. This is our first year enrolled in the district and after reviewing the State test scores, ( Miller is one of the few public school that improved their overall test scores in OC) the small class's, along with quality teachers we give this school a "10" so far this year we have found great parent/teacher communication, with quality teachers who communicate in person, by email and phone calls consistently. The small classes are a plus and the parent and principal involvement and concern is apparent with the newly constructed canopy over the lunch tables. The overall friendliness of the students & staff made our children feel comfortable from the start with their new school. Our four children are very happy so far and are motivated to learn. We are looking forward to a successful year at Miller. We consider ourselves extremely lucky into falling into this small jewel of a school.

My son used to go to the Kindergarten and the teachers Miss. Grosso and Miss Robert are great. My son had a really learned a lot under Miss Grosso and he is going to miss them too much

I LOVVEEE THIS SCHOOL!! i attended this school when i was in first grade and i love the teachers there. They are so supportive and i LOVE Mr. Cole! I felt really sad when he left because i got to know him a little better and it turns out that he's really caring and supportive. The teachers are so awesome and they do really care. i even still keep in contact with my 5th grade teacher. so to the lady (or guy, i don't really know the gender but...let's assume you're a mom) who is unhappy about the school, RECONSIDER! talk to some people...teachers you are not satisfied with and see what's going on. Don't just sit there in front of your computer typing up complaints. Oh wait, that was 5 years ago...well i hope you DID like the school but I LOVED it!! hi Mrs. PICKLER!! rate this school a 10+ wait never mind a 11! thanks for reading if you ever got finished! THANK YOU MILLER!!! :)

I am very fortunate that my two boys attend this school! The teachers and all the office personnal are awesome!

Two of my sons attend Miller. My oldest is in fourth grade and the younger one is in kindergarten. My family is very fortunate that the boys attend GB Miller. Mr Cole and the teachers are wonderful. They are so dedicated to student success. They do so much with so little. I wish I could do more for the school to support it.

my daughter just started kindergarten here and I can't say enough about this school. The teachers, staff & principal are amazing.

Everything is good, however we need a change in lunch and the principal keeps changing, The kids should have a stable principal to talk to and get along with

Last modified George B. Miller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.