1,071 students|Bassett Unified

Bad
Good

I been having a lot of issues with this school my children have not improve anything for the past year and I been trying to switch at least one of my children and the district told me that they are stuck in this school. I don't have money to pay a lawyer I wish someone can help me. I have to make a two day appointment if I want to observe the class room I feel that I don't have any parent rights I wouldn't give them not even a star.

I went to this school it really small so you learn more!! you just have to apply yourself

High Schools are as good as the amount of work a student is willing to put into them. I graduated from Bassett HS. I have 2 degrees and earn a very good living.

the current principal (to date) Mrs. Pruitt is the best principalMany of the teachers were great, though i can only account mostly for Honors and AP teachers. Mrs. Peraza, a math teacher (ranging from basic math to calculus ab and possibly bc) will help her students until he/she understands, no matter how long it will take her. she'll also try different methods of explaining the concepts, which provides many different perspectives to understanding the main point.

I was a provider of outside educational programs to Bassett High and in all of my career I have never seen a school who's officials seemed to care less about the students, the programs, the money, or the resources. There are beacons of light that come from very caring teachers, or counselors but for the most part from the principal on down they squander valuable resource and play a continual game of 'pass the blame'. It is such a shame! If parents could see what I saw and had the resources, they would do whatever they could to move their children to another school.

Bassett High School is in a crisis. There is a great deal of clashes between the community culture of students and the school culture.

I feel that teachers do their jobs well; many are veterans of over a decade. There is stability now in the principal's office. But more needs to be done to either rehabilitate or remove students who are credit deficient. There should be greater enforcement of rules related to the use of ipods and cell phones. The focus on improving the education of English Language Learners at the school is excellent, but it being implemented without an overarching strategy for schoolwide academic achievement. This is what Bassett needs most - a strategy for school-wide academic growth. More content-specific coaches would help, along with greater teacher professional development opportunities.

I attended Bassett all four years and although it wasn't the best school someone can attend, I loved being there. In this school many of the teachers help you out in any problems you have. The students that attended when I was there were one of a kind. All they really need to work on is supporting the students and giving them a reason to become better.

Last modified Bassett Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.