La Puente, CA
Students enrolled: 1,165

Bassett Senior High School 1

Posted July 07, 2014
I been having a lot of issues with this school my children have not improve anything for the past year and I been trying to switch at least one of my children and the district told me that they are stuck in this school. I don't have money to pay a lawyer I wish someone can help me. I have to make a two day appointment if I want to observe the class room I feel that I don't have any parent rights I wouldn't give them not even a star.

Posted January 05, 2010
I went to this school it really small so you learn more!! you just have to apply yourself

Posted December 13, 2007
High Schools are as good as the amount of work a student is willing to put into them. I graduated from Bassett HS. I have 2 degrees and earn a very good living.

Bassett Senior High School 4

Posted August 03, 2007
the current principal (to date) Mrs. Pruitt is the best principalMany of the teachers were great, though i can only account mostly for Honors and AP teachers. Mrs. Peraza, a math teacher (ranging from basic math to calculus ab and possibly bc) will help her students until he/she understands, no matter how long it will take her. she'll also try different methods of explaining the concepts, which provides many different perspectives to understanding the main point.

Bassett Senior High School 2

Posted May 27, 2007
I was a provider of outside educational programs to Bassett High and in all of my career I have never seen a school who's officials seemed to care less about the students, the programs, the money, or the resources. There are beacons of light that come from very caring teachers, or counselors but for the most part from the principal on down they squander valuable resource and play a continual game of 'pass the blame'. It is such a shame! If parents could see what I saw and had the resources, they would do whatever they could to move their children to another school.

Posted April 26, 2007
Bassett High School is in a crisis. There is a great deal of clashes between the community culture of students and the school culture.

Posted February 17, 2007
I feel that teachers do their jobs well; many are veterans of over a decade. There is stability now in the principal's office. But more needs to be done to either rehabilitate or remove students who are credit deficient. There should be greater enforcement of rules related to the use of ipods and cell phones. The focus on improving the education of English Language Learners at the school is excellent, but it being implemented without an overarching strategy for schoolwide academic achievement. This is what Bassett needs most - a strategy for school-wide academic growth. More content-specific coaches would help, along with greater teacher professional development opportunities.

Posted December 28, 2006
I attended Bassett all four years and although it wasn't the best school someone can attend, I loved being there. In this school many of the teachers help you out in any problems you have. The students that attended when I was there were one of a kind. All they really need to work on is supporting the students and giving them a reason to become better.

Bassett Senior High School 2

Posted August 25, 2006
the staff doesn't care about the future sorry but that sounds a little ignorant to me I was a student a bassett if you got to blame something blame bad parenting teachers and campus aids can only do so much if parents don't stress how important school is important the what do expect the kids get away with a lot its time for parents to get their kids in check because its not the staffs fault that your child doesn't do the work and fails the class this is the perfect time for change bassett could move ahead or it can stay the old same crap of failures.

Posted September 08, 2004
The school's staff does not care for the future of the students.

755 Ardilla Avenue, La Puente, CA  91746
Last modified Bassett Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bassett Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top