Posted August 17, 2014
As High schools are in this district La Puente is just as good or better than the other three but, I think that as long as people keep giving LP a bad rap it keeps the people away that have no family values or interest in a family atmosphere that we enjoy. I prefer this small community and great staff. This year, 2014, we have a new principal that went to school here and cares about the students more than most, as I have grown and went to LP, as did my husband, sons and grandsons, I realize that as long as you stay involved high school is the best years of your youth but, it's just 4 years and it's just high school. My sons are grown and are successful as are my grandsons, two are in college, but the social interaction and confidence are just as important as in any other school.

La Puente High School 4

Posted May 11, 2010
This school has an excelent variety of academies, and from my observations the law enforcement academy makes the school look outstanding, although I do believe they should recieve more funding.

Posted April 14, 2010
La Puente High School should be recognized for their academics and how hard these kids at this school try to succeed and prove people wrong.

La Puente High School 4

Posted January 26, 2010
The principal at LP has her own agenda and it has nothing to do with the students.

Posted June 06, 2009

La Puente High School 2

Posted May 11, 2009

Posted May 07, 2009

Posted March 21, 2009
it is a very good school, excellent teachers, and well behaved students

La Puente High School 0

Posted January 15, 2009
I have to agree strongly, LPHS does get a bad rap! I was one of those people I must admit, we lived across the street from the school and I still sent two of my boys to another school. After things came full circle I now have one son at LPHS and I could not be happier. The teacher and counselor and office staff go the extra mile to help, not like SEMHS.

Posted December 27, 2008

La Puente High School
15615 East Nelson Avenue, La Puente, CA  91744
Last modified La Puente High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Puente High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top