La Puente, CA
Students enrolled: 1,595

Posted August 17, 2014
As High schools are in this district La Puente is just as good or better than the other three but, I think that as long as people keep giving LP a bad rap it keeps the people away that have no family values or interest in a family atmosphere that we enjoy. I prefer this small community and great staff. This year, 2014, we have a new principal that went to school here and cares about the students more than most, as I have grown and went to LP, as did my husband, sons and grandsons, I realize that as long as you stay involved high school is the best years of your youth but, it's just 4 years and it's just high school. My sons are grown and are successful as are my grandsons, two are in college, but the social interaction and confidence are just as important as in any other school.

Posted August 04, 2013
This school has a lot of academics to be offer, which makes a unique school. These academics makes more than half of the students go to a four year university. Which I do belive it should have more state funding. The teachers are very helpful in this school because they understand whats the best for students to be suceed. This school was rated one of the best high schools around the nation." Scholars are made here".

Posted May 11, 2010
This school has an excelent variety of academies, and from my observations the law enforcement academy makes the school look outstanding, although I do believe they should recieve more funding.

Posted April 14, 2010
La Puente High School should be recognized for their academics and how hard these kids at this school try to succeed and prove people wrong.

Posted January 26, 2010
The principal at LP has her own agenda and it has nothing to do with the students.

Posted March 21, 2009
it is a very good school, excellent teachers, and well behaved students

Posted January 15, 2009
I have to agree strongly, LPHS does get a bad rap! I was one of those people I must admit, we lived across the street from the school and I still sent two of my boys to another school. After things came full circle I now have one son at LPHS and I could not be happier. The teacher and counselor and office staff go the extra mile to help, not like SEMHS.

Posted October 02, 2008
I feel that the school i getting a bad rap. I fell parents needs to be more involved with theit children, my child has been in the University Academy and has done extremely well. Parents need to stop putting down the school and make change at home, we cannot expecto to have the teacherS fix our children it has to be a team effort. I personally feel the teachers there are Great!

Posted July 15, 2008
I believe that all schools have problems. La Puente High School has excellent teachers and has teachers that have perhaps given up because of lack of interest in students and lack of parent cooperation and participation. I attended 4 yr high school at LP and was also a teachers aide back in the 80's. My son has very nice things to say about a lot of the teachers and how they really go out of their way to help and encourage him. Alot of the parents perhaps are not so involved because of the language barrier and make no effort to participate in their kids education. We as parents need to stop blaming the teachers for our kids failures and take responsibility.

Posted May 23, 2008
This school has done so much for my children, the teachers here are wonderful and should be getting more money for all that they do.

15615 East Nelson Avenue, La Puente, CA  91744
Last modified La Puente High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Puente High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top