Villacorta Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2012
my son has gone here for kinder and is now finishing up 1st grade. kinder was fine, nothing especially great or bad but this year was no good at all. my son has adhd and i refuse to get him on any medication unless as a last resort. the school put absolutely no effort into trying to help my son with any special needs he may need and the teacher began to target him for any little misbehavior. he is ending the school feeling labeled as a bad kid that can't do anything right even though he has told me that he noticed the teacher would make him move his behavior card down for the smallest things but when one of the "good" kids did something bad, the teacher would simply tell them it was ok. my son does very well academically. his only issue is that he he a hard time paying attention and staying on task- he has too much energy. i tried to talk to the school about putting him in a classroom with a teacher with more experience with kids like him but they didn't help. he would finish his assignments early and get in trouble for going ahead and then not paying attention. completely unfair. no accommodation or effort to a child's needs!

Villacorta Elementary School 2

Posted February 15, 2011
I am not happy as a parent with the test scores from this school, as a parent I expect more out of the teachers, I know things are different then when I was in school and the class rooms are larger due to CA budget problems, but it seems that the teachers don't put in the effort to help the kids understand what they are learning, how are the kids going to pass the states TEST if they don't understand how and why they are learning what they are learning.

Villacorta Elementary School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
The teachers and staff work hard to meet the needs of all our students............ Villacorta Students ARE the Best!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted October 03, 2009

Villacorta Elementary School 0

Posted April 29, 2009
This is a great school! my daughter learned so much here.The staff is excellent,school grounds are always kept clean and miss pham is the greatest 1st grade teacher ever!

Posted October 28, 2008
Villacorta is an excellent school with a staff full of caring teachers that really have helped my child not only succeed but also truly enjoy learning.

Posted January 28, 2004
This school is very nice. this is my last year in villacorta, and all throughout my years here, I was very disciplined and I was very thankful for that. although they have a lack of extra-curricular activities, their discipline to the children was very strong.

Villacorta Elementary School
17840 Villacorta Street, La Puente, CA  91744
Last modified Villacorta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Villacorta Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top