La Puente, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 29, 2014
If I could give this school a rating below 1 star I would. I decided to put my child in Kindergarten at St.Josephs, and must say the experience was mortifying. St.Joseph robbed me of my money, and my childs education. Unorganized staff, and their school secretary is one of the rudest person I ever met; very unprofessional; and is extremely mean to the children who attend that school. They keep changing Principles; and every principle they hire is worst then the last one. This school is not consistent. I must say I was very disappointed in the lack of commitment these teachers put towards our children. I've arranged many meetings; and this school has no consideration for parental concerns, or trying to make improvements on their facilities. Moving my child to St.Martha's was the best decision; there is a huge difference. Sorry to say that St.Joseph elementary school, does not follow the guidelines by the Archdioceses of Los Angeles. This school needs to be reevaluated; do not send your child here.

Posted September 21, 2014
St.Joseph use to be a great school with academic excellence and a great faculty. Now st. Joseph is a hostile and unhappy learning environment being controlled by a horrible and manipulative principal. Her philosophy on children and parents is "if you don't like it you can leave." I know there were great teachers who have left because of this woman and it makes me very unhappy that she's taking this great school down with her. I personally see her as power hungry and not very caring about the school. I would've loved to send my daughter here but I refuse to while this sister is in control.

Posted February 25, 2014
For the last person, there was less than 4 students in each grade that made honor roll the last quarter. The 6th grade didn't have any students that made honor roll. Something isn't working at St. Joseph. So disappointing.

Posted February 24, 2014
I am thinking of sending my son to St. Joseph. My Catholic faith is strong and morality is not an issue. The one thing that the site fails to post is academic standing. Most reviews demonstrate a deficiency. How many students make honor roll and what is that percentage of the school. The school site mentions academic excellence but there are no statistical numbers to support their claims.

St. Joseph Elementary School 5

Posted February 22, 2014
This is a great school to have your children in. The sisters including the principal really care about the students and teach them wonderful things academically and morally.My daughter has progressed so much and her moral values have gotten better. I see examples at home many times that honestly shes not getting from us but from school and I am very grateful for that. Im glad I took her out from public schooling while she was still little.

Posted January 17, 2014
The. children have no outlets there are very little school activities were they can be themselves and just have fun. Although they are very strong in religious education the kids do not have activities to where they develop healthy friendships and know what it is to work together. Parents are always willing to help and give new ideas but the principal is not responsive and gives a indirect answer of No. The principles idea of parent involvement is when she asked for volunteers to run her own ideas.

Posted January 14, 2014
Saint Joseph is a Catholic school but the students do not reflect this theme. There is such a lax policy on bullying, although it is addressed in the handbook, the principal does not always enforce the policy. They are behind technologically and mathematically. The principal has the worst perception of what the best interest for students should be. The principal also has the worst social skills and does not know how to work with parents she knows how to indirectly shut them down.

St. Joseph Elementary School 2

Posted October 31, 2013
The administration is not responsive to changing times or valid concerns of parents. Over the years there has been a steady decline in academic excellence. The students are not well prepared for various life challenges, especially rigors of high school

St. Joseph Elementary School 5

Posted April 17, 2012
St. Joseph is a great school. Everybody is friendly and all the students and teachers pretty much know each other. The teachers here are wonderful. They communicate to the parents and have so much compassion with their students. I highly recommend this school.

Posted November 05, 2009

St. Joseph Elementary School
15650 East Temple Avenue, La Puente, CA  91744
Last modified St. Joseph Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Joseph Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top