Bishop Amat Memorial High School 1

Posted November 04, 2014
My daughter just started. She was so excited to attend this school. I feel the academics are amazing BUT if you plan on joining sports and doing well in school forget it. The amount of homework is a bit much. I understand the value of learning but there should be a fair balance and there is not. The office staff is HORRIBLE very rude and not helpful. I am so disappointed. I can't wait for the school year to end so I can get her to a school where the office staff is pleasant, the Principal is available and where she can balance homework with extra activities without having an anxiety attack.

Posted August 11, 2014
My son just completed his freshman year. I was impressed by the teachers he had for his honors classes. They challenged him in every way possible and he has matured as a serious student because of them. The courses are rigorous and in line with the new California Common Core State Standards. His teachers always returned phone calls within 24-hours and if he had a problem, counselors and teachers were always willing to listen and help him solve the problem.

Bishop Amat Memorial High School 2

Posted July 31, 2014
I my son has attended this school for 2 years and I feel the teachers are not pushing him enough to make him desirable for universities. I have met with his teacher and they tell me they will help him by having him attend after school tutoring. My son says that all he does is homework with little assistance from staff. My son also attended summer school for baseball and took baseball during his first year. He wasn't even given a fair chance to make the team because of football players who were given spots on the baseball team roster even though they never attend a try out. More times than not I feel I'm throwing away money. I feel I'm the only one throwing anything here at Bishop Amat.

Bishop Amat Memorial High School 4

Posted June 30, 2014
I was attracted to this school for the excellent academic program. The teachers were caring; discipline was good; rules were enforced. The honors and IB program didn't allow our child any free time. I was so pleased with this school that I enrolled my other child. However, I was unhappy to discover that the athletic program is not run like the academic program. THERE IS a lot of favoritism. If the coach likes your kid, he will get a lot of playing time, regardless of talent. This was evident during Basketball games. While some players sit on the bench throughout an entire game, only to come out for last 5 minutes, the chosen ones will play over and over. Parents can't complain. What happened to coaches nurturing all athletes equally? Still, it remains a good school for academics. No complaints there. If your child does not do well is because they are not trying hard enough. Personnel at the front office actually remember your name and who you are! You feel like you are part of a family. If the principal would address the issue with the athletic program and replaced some coaches, this school could easily be among the best in SoCal! I still recommend with reservations.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 21, 2013
Wonderful school with exceptional academics, sports and many other activities. Phenomenal tradition clouds the school with spirit. Many generations of families attended.

Bishop Amat Memorial High School 3

Posted February 06, 2013
I was initially impressed with the school after attending open house. My daughter is in her second year and I'm having serious doubts that we made the right decision. Our local high school is a California Distinguished school and I'm seriously considering enrolling her there in the fall. I have to question the teaching ability of a few of the teachers she's had the past two years and I'm very concerned what the future holds. It's her intention to be accepted at a top university but I'm not sure some of the teachers or counselors can guide her there. What most concerns me, is that many of the students don't conduct themselves in a Christian manner. This was the primary reason we are sending are daughter to a Catholic high school. I'm beginning to feel we are throwing good money away. The sports program was never even taken into consideration but we soon learned that being a coach's favorite will get you more playing time than ability, commitment and being a team player. I hope Mr. Beck can lead Amat into becoming the first rate school I thought our family had invested in.

Bishop Amat Memorial High School 1

Posted October 12, 2012
The positive ratings from last year are misleading. This school is great...IF your child is a superstar in sports. If not, don't bother. You could find the same education and same "favoritism" by coaches and cliques that you would find at any local public school.

Bishop Amat Memorial High School 4

Posted November 01, 2011
My son has attended this school since his freshman year. This school ,and the teaching staff are wonderful. The monthly tuition is reasonable for an equal private school for this area. That have many after school activities for all students!. Student academic help is available all year.My son will graduate this year, and has been proud to be a Lancer!!!!!!

Posted April 17, 2010
The discipline there is the best as it could be. the lessons taught there are at there highest point. I would recommend anyone there that hats to achieve in their life if its either in sports or education or maybe even both.

Posted March 15, 2010
My son is finishing up Sophomore year and I couldn't be happier with Amat. Like anywhere in life, you have to push yourself to succeed. Amat gives their students the tools and opportunities to be successful; it is up to the student (or parent) to find and use these tools. It has been a priveledge to be part of the Amat family and worth the investment. My son would agree. He is proud to be a Lancer!

Bishop Amat Memorial High School
14301 Fairgrove Avenue, La Puente, CA  91746
Last modified Bishop Amat Memorial High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Bishop Amat Memorial High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top