Bad
Good

Where to begin...The front office staff is abysmal. They are never smiling and act like anything you ask them to do, or look up is a pain in the rear , God forbid they do the job they are paid for. The principal in my opinion is unprofessional in her dress and demeanor. The teaching staff seems fairly ok but disorganized no doubt based on the administrations lead. The school grounds need some serious upkeep. The parking lot looks run down and the play yard quite sad looking. The saving grace of this school is the special education department , which is bar none the standard which all other schools should hope to be like. The school lunch lady is also a very nice woman who seems to care about the children. I want to like the school but its really that bad. I agree with previous posters that there is no sense of family or togetherness. Which is ironic because my child tells me they play "we are family" all the time on the loud speaker. Get it together Adams elementary. You serve a tight knit community here in La Quinta and you are failing to reach the very families you serve. Your school could not be more unwelcoming.

Well im not to thrilled with the people working in the office. And Im still not to sure of the rest fo the staff

I will not recommend this school to anybody that I know. I had nothing but but experience by the staff. The receptionist is very rude and does not like to help anybody. I wen to school at 8 am to try to drop my kid from the school and she will not give me any transfer paperwork. She told me she will call me when they have everything ready and it has been 2 days no call. I also had foster kids with a course different last names and they were attach to different families as emergency contact. I am so glad I move my kid from there. Never again.

This school is lacking in leadership from both the staff and the principal. There is little to no parent participation. The teachers have no team leadership skills and are not required to work together as a team or within their grade level. I would seriously consider transferring into a higher scoring elementary school.

Great job Adams school staff keep up the great work. I'm so happy and my kids love it.

this one of the best elementry schools teacher are always ready to help with anything the student or parent needs. the principal mrs. rice is an wounderfull and careing person who gives her all to the students and the school.

this school is Great and I drive my child from Indio, which I am considered in the cv district, the drive is worth it to have my child in a great school. the teachers are nice also. my child will be going into 1st grade this year and she loves this school too, so I would not have it any other way. the principal is also great. she made the transfer smooth and quick. I highly recommend this school to others.

My 2 kids have also been attending Adams since Kinder.I drive them from Coachella everyday because this school is wonderful.My 2 girls have had Mrs. Wark who is the most amazing teacher and person in general,Mrs. Brock,who is the most loving, outgoing,understanding teacher,and finally Mrs. Pearce,who has so much compassion and patience,and whos love of science and has greatly impacted my daughters life.I cannot say enough wonderful things about Principal Patti Rice,who is always present on campus,and knows most kids and parents on a first name basis.When I was a child you only saw your principal when you were in trouble,our kids WANT to see Mrs.Rice because she also is such a warm friendly person.My family recently contemplated moving back to San Diego,but we will wait until even our 9 month old has had a chance to have these wonderful teachers.Keep up the great work ADAMS!

I absolutely love this school, my son Joseph has attended since Kinder and will be in 3rd grade he scores at the top of every subject, he has received student of the month when deserved and I have really like all his teachers and the caring way that all 3 of them have seemed to create a productive, fun and nurturing environment mrs Wark,Mrs Brock and Mrs Pearce have given my son and us as parents confidence to say that this school Rocks! Thanks..PS Mrs Rice is a great principal as well! Everyone should remember also that being involved with the children is also our jobs as parents(homework,etc) and not just left up to the teachers, if everyone would remember that and take the time to help, maybe the ratings would be higher. The whole staff does a spectacular job! Thank you

Last modified John Adams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.