La Quinta, CA
Students enrolled: 2,999

La Quinta High School 2

Posted August 17, 2012
This school is way overcrowded with 3000 students and there is people traffic when you're just trying to get to your next class. And again with that classes are overcrowded as well and it's hard on the teachers when there are so many students. The IB program is pretty much a joke since it's so much work on a student and most colleges don't even look at it anyway. Athletics are pretty good but it is sad that there isn't that much school spirit. Also the location of the school is horrible since there is traffic going into and leaving school. I had to wait 20 minutes in the school parking lot IN THE HEAT just to leave. You pretty much have to run to your car if you want to leave early. And the size of the school definitely doesn't accommodate 3000 people. Also I don't know why schools out here are outdoors when it gets like 100+ degrees some days and we can't even use the pool. So the only people giving this school good ratings are parents that wouldn't know any better since they aren't the ones that go to this school.

Posted August 21, 2010
This school is excellent, if you want your child to have an education! Not all the schools are the same nowadays. The teachers are great, well mine were anyways. They made class fun with stories, and jokes about themselves.But I noticed that this year we have more freshman.We have over 2,700 students this year which is more then others. The only thing I would change is getting another bus at least because it is packed 3 to a seat.Students will short cut just to not get an end seat.Last year it was the same everybody ran up to get a seat like if it was a limo or something. haha i know that's what people thought. But with budget cut and stuff I know we can't get it but in the future try considering that. but overall the best school here!! Love my school!!

La Quinta High School 4

Posted March 16, 2010
La Quinta High School is a Great School, very competative and more colleges accept those kids, believe it or not, because of their IB program.

Posted October 07, 2009
Awesome International Baccalaureate & Culinary Arts programs!

Posted September 10, 2009
i just graduated from la quinta, & i loved EVERY year of it. the principal was aware of everything that went on in the school & takes time to get to know the students, as well as the rest of administration, security, and teachers. education is the best! beautiful school. can not emphasize how much i truly enjoyed my time at LQ. everyone is so talented.

Posted September 09, 2008

Posted August 27, 2008
I attend La Quinta High School and I wouldn't choose any other school. Yes, we brag about the IB Program, and you know what Why Wouldn't We? Our school opens up doors for many students and allows kids to do what they want. We do have school spirit just walk around our campus on a Friday during any season of sports and you will see many students wearing shirts that they have made to support the team! If you want your child in a school that allows them to reach their dreams then La Quinta High School is the school for them!! GO BLACKHAWKS!!

Posted July 15, 2008
This school is amazing. sure we have our faults, but I love coming to this school. I can always find kids with a smile on their faces. and honestly thats what matters to me. There are no gangs or violence at our school. The teenagers are very polite well most of the time ha ha. IB is a good thing and we should brag about it. because we are the only high school in the valley to have it. I've learned a lot here and Im gonna be a junior. so just imagine what your child could learn here. The're are all sorts of clubs and activities going on to help make you child feel more apart of the school and to make new friends. I'm a cheerleader and I enjoy cheering at games.I mean we are the BEST!

Posted February 13, 2008
I lovemy school! Everyone is very friendly and the teachers are great. I have learned so much at this school. It has really prepared me for college.

La Quinta High School 3

Posted July 03, 2007
The school is over rated. It brags about IB too much. It s too crowed: a sea of students between classes and at lunch. Too many portable classrooms. Parking is inadequate. Traffic is chaos: students use a park across the street, and then jaywalk causing hazards and congestion; parents double park in the school s lots causing traffic to back up down the street. Graduation is similar chaos. It s in the football stadium, in June. There isn t enough parking or seating. People arrive early and then have to endure the heat. There s not much school spirit. The boy s soccer team played for the CIF championship and no cheerleaders or band was at the game; also they only show up occasionally at basketball games. Thefts are an epidemic. Our son had his backpack stolen twice during PE. We complained to the principle, who said she d have a VP call, but no one ever did.

La Quinta High School
79-255 Westward Ho Drive, La Quinta, CA  92253
Last modified La Quinta High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Quinta High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top