490 students|Bonita Unified

Bad
Good

Posted June 02, 2014
I am a Parent first, and a teacher in another district first. As such, I can easily recognize great teachers, staff, and unbelievable parent involvement. We have contemplated moving several times but have stayed specifically so our kids can stay at La Verne Heights...which according to district records has the highest amount of transfer requests into the school. I've always said that a school is a reflection of the community. Nothing could be truer for La Verne Heights. It is safe, clean, and a PTA and parent involvement that makes it the envy of like schools.

Posted March 08, 2014
Our new principal Mr. McKee is amazing. There is a quality of care, understanding and education in his leadership for each individual student. His top priority is the student, individually. Accompanied by wonderful, supportive and strong teachers this has been the best school my son has been attended. The parent involvement is outstanding!! So many extra curricular activities and programs put in place by volunteers and the PTA at La Verne Heights. I could not ask for a better environment, educational and social experience for my son

Posted August 16, 2010
My child just completed 5th grade at La Verne Heights. I am so pleased with the quality of education he received, and the professionalism of his teacher Miss Konrad. He is well prepared for middle school thanks to her high expectations and attention to his individual needs. Thanks La Verne Heights, and especially to his teacher for a great education!

Posted June 06, 2010
I have two children that attend La Verne Heights. They love going to school to see their friends, teachers & principal, They are provided homework to challenge them and can take A/R tests anytime to keep improving. We are lucky to have so many parents that also volunteer and push to have activities that make it a family school and atmosphere! Couldn't be more proud to be a LVH PARENT!

La Verne Heights Elementary School 3

Posted June 05, 2010
Now that my child has experienced 6 years at La Verne Heights, I can see which grade levels actually have great teachers. I have been so extremely disappointed with my child's 5th grade year. I think the teachers need to remember that this is their job, not the time to discuss dating or their social lives. LVH used to be known for having the best 5th graders going on to middle school, that will not be the case this year. Fortunately, as parents, we will hopefully get our students to the level that they need to be. Sincerely, A Very Disappointed Parent

Posted April 16, 2010
The teachers are very much invested in the students. The classrooms are relatively small, so it allows for more personal attention.

Posted May 28, 2009
Good school - my daugter likes her teacher and brags about being an accelerated reader. The school does not accept misbehaving and uses a pyramid program to monitor behavior. She tries very hard to keep her full pyramid. My daugter can be a talker, so the teacher updates me on her progress.

Posted April 14, 2009
My sons attend La Verne Heights Elementary school. Our family loves this school. It is like a 2nd home/family for us.

La Verne Heights Elementary School 2

Posted March 17, 2009
I honestly tried to like La Verne Heights, but after my daughter was bullied by another girl and this incident was not brought to the attention of the principal like it would of been in her prior school. And those ungodly trailors that are substitutes for a class room and the high student to teacher ratio, enough was enough and it was time to make a change....

Posted February 18, 2009
I decided to enroll my son in La Verne Heights after researching all the schools in La Verne, and figuring I would most likely enroll him here, but it wasn't until I met some parents thru local sports that it clinched my decision to enroll. They had such positive things to say about La Verne Heights, all the parent involvement, the teachers, nothing but good things to say. My son is now in 2nd grade and he has had such a positive experience. Wonderful, caring teachers and made some great friends. I volunteer as much as I can with my full-time work schedule. I believe all the parent involvement, caring teachers and staff is the reason for the success of the children and the school. My son's educational experience here is helping him to develop a strong work eithic for his future success.

La Verne Heights Elementary School
1550 Baseline Road, La Verne, CA  91773-1437
Last modified La Verne Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Verne Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top