Posted June 04, 2013
My school is amazing. My child will be in 4th grade next year and it has been a wonderful experience. The entire staff from the top to the bottom has been nothing but a great example of how a school should be operated. We have wonderful parent participation and I am lucky to be a part of it all and call it home!

Grace Miller Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2013
this school is not what the ratings say. after my duaghter was missing for 4 hours and the school knew my child was missing that long, someone else brought her to school the schoool finally called me! then again my daughter didnt come home they had her in the office sitting there and didnt call the me! her 3rd grade teacher didnt what her in her class because my duather was not california state eduation level due to our military state to state moves. this teacher sent home piles of homes work and was mean and careless... this school is terrible.

Posted September 25, 2010
What a wonderful learning environment! Teachers are caring and trained. There is a ton of parent involvement and a very welcoming and eager PTA. The principal is visible and willing to help. I am so happy that my children (and I) are a part of such a cozy and fantastic school. Go Roadrunners!!

Posted June 16, 2010
My children attened Grace MIller for only one school year (unfortunately). However they have set my expectations of what a school should be. Teachers are very involved in helping and making sure students are up to par , Office staff was always at they're best in being informative to parents. I truley loved this school and they're curricular.

Grace Miller Elementary School 0

Posted November 12, 2009
Grace Miller is a wonderful learning environment with an abundance of parent involvement and caring. New techniques are being used and the level of learning is going up daily.

Grace Miller Elementary School 0

Posted May 21, 2009
The teachers & staff are exceptional, well organized & very attentive to student needs. You could not ask for a better school as far as teachers and staff. The PTA is an entirely different matter. The PTA Presdient seems to have her own agenda, not the schools needs at heart. The PTA President & Vice President seem to be out only for their children, the concerns voiced by many parents. The Vice President will not talk to you unless you are in her 'click' of friends. I always thought of the PTA to be a program to help the school help the students. In prior years the PTA seemed to be more open to comments and suggestions. The last 2 years the more gossip the PTA stirs up the better. Fix the PTA and Grace Miller will be an awesome school.

Grace Miller Elementary School 2

Posted January 28, 2009
My child has gone to this school for three years now and I am sad to say that only one year was great. Some of the staff are rude to the children and parents and there is a lot of improper teaching methods being aloud. The cafeteria food is horrible and unhealthy. The star program is very strict and leaves many children to feel bad about themselves. This is not the school I thought it would be.

Posted October 04, 2008
Grace Miller truly has a huge heart. The principal is not only visible around campus but she is very approachable. This is our family's second year at this school, having transferred in from another state. The office staff and principal answered my questions by the hundred by email and phone even before we completed our move. Once we arrived we were greeted as friends. The school's peace builder program and student peace builder pledge adds to the character of this campus. I have noticed a change for the better in the PTA from last year to this year. Last year despite filling out their volunteer form, I was not asked to help in any way. This year I can attest that those who submitted volunteer sheets have been called and I see many new faces helping around campus. Grace Miller is worthy of your short list!

Grace Miller Elementary School 4

Posted September 03, 2008
I feel this is a strong school, but a bit elitest. PTA is not always open to new members or ideas. Not all teachers want parent volunteers and it makes me wonder why. The office staff is very welcoming and helpful.

Posted June 02, 2008
Grace Miller is a good school with a 'Small Town' feel. They make additional efforts to reach all students - gifted and those in need of additional support. The teachers present a rigorous program and are most are involved in the many family nights that are offered. There are mother/son and father/daughter nights, a talent show, a Halloween get together and an all school holiday program. My children are motivated and enjoy going to school

Grace Miller Elementary School
1629 Holly Oak Street, La Verne, CA  91773
Last modified Grace Miller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grace Miller Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top