Posted June 06, 2014
My daughter had the privilege to attend this school for the past two years. Oak Mesa is a fantastic school. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful the teachers are. They have a gift for teaching. They are caring, inspiring and make learning so much fun. My daughter has had the opportunity to participate in chorus for the two years she has attending Oak Mesa. The chorus teachers have all been very talented and produce wonderful concerts. My only regret, I wish my daughter could have attended this school during all her elementary years.

Posted September 08, 2013
At Oak Mesa not just the teachers but over all staff is very helpful. I really appreciate and salute all the members of the school.

Posted March 04, 2013
I personally love this school!! I have yet to meet one teacher that I do not like or respect. They are all hardworking men and women! I find it in poor taste to call a teacher out by name and "trash" talk them. The teacher being targeted in a comment on this page is a wonderful person and very knowledgeable. My child was in her room and I had no problems. Perhaps it's not the teacher that was a problem? Something to think about. I notice that people are so willing to blame the teachers and staff when in fact they may be the issue themselves. For that special person...Good Luck in your new school next year.

Posted September 28, 2012
Wow, I'm shocked! Be aware of what? The best school in miles with the best teachers and a hard working principle. To answer the last comment posted: -Mad Science club and the chess club were replaced by after school art since parents were not happy about paying for those programs. -The last science fair was put on on 11/17/12 and there will b another one this year! -There was an assembly held, honoring 911 while the kids wore red, white and blue. - The PTA is having trouble finding parents to get involved in the Carnival this year and they have not given up yet. It has nothing to do with the principle. - The Jump Rope for Hope will be on 2/14/13 this school year and the Mayor is already booked! This is only the second year that my daughter goes here and I could not be more pleased with the school in every single way. I personally went in this morning to confirm the negative comments posted and found out that they were either exaggerated or not true at all. I have a feeling this is a personal problem!!! We are lucky to have our kids in Oak Mesa!

Oak Mesa Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2012
Beware! The new principal is trying to cut out the extra programs. Mad Science and Chess Club haven't been here since she has been principal. She cut out the science fair. She is trying to cut the carnival. The last assembly was a disaster...it took longer to get the kids to and from classrooms than it took for the entire assembly. No longer will there be a Jump Rope for Hope. Beware! This school is definitely no longer a 5 star school.

Posted October 17, 2011
I loved the years we spent at Oak Mesa Elementary with my two youngest children. They have moved on to middle school and high school and are very well prepared for the road ahead. The parent involvement is amazing and welcomed by the teachers and staff. One of my children excelled at Oak Mesa and the other struggled to maintain a B average. But when high standards are expected, most of the children step up and deliver. Thank you Oak Mesa and staff for preparing my children for the tough world ahead of them.

Oak Mesa Elementary School 3

Posted October 16, 2011
If your child is an average to outstanding student and you don't mind spending hours helping with homework and projects, this is the school for you. However, if your child has any kind of special need, don't bother. Although I live within walking distance of the school, my oldest child has to attend another school in the district because Oak Mesa has no special education program. My younger child is struggling keeping up with the high academic standards, and I've been told there is no money for classroom aides, in spite of the fact that the suggested PTA donation per child is $100! Hopefully the new principal can see past the glory of high API scores to the fact that all the kids who aren't keeping up are transferring to other schools in the district.

Oak Mesa Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
The parental involvement is amazing, and such a key element to the students ownership of their education and pride in their achievements. I do worry there is a bit much emphasis on test scores, but overall the quality of the education far exceeds what I think we could get elsewhere. The teachers are dedicated and warm, friendly, and people I just want to be friends with. I couldn't imagine being happier anywhere else.

Posted November 03, 2009

Posted September 15, 2009
Again, as its been said before, this school is like a private school. I feel so blessed that both of my children can attend.

Oak Mesa Elementary School
5200 Wheeler Avenue, La Verne, CA  91750
Last modified Oak Mesa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Mesa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top