Posted August 27, 2013
LHS is a great school-where students are a part of an extended family and the teachers genuinely care about each child. I actually had a positive experience with our International Student who chose to attend Lutheran High School after having attended another local private high school. Our international student was struggling with his academics and then came to LHS where teachers went out of their way to welcome him and work with him, after school, on their own time-all in an effort to help our international student reach his academic goals. As with any program you should always do your homework. But as I understand it many agents approach LHS every year allowing LHS to be very selective in who they choose to admit. LHS is not in charge of homestay arrangements but if a family is interested in being a host family or in need of a host family they can put the families in touch with various homestay providers. That's how it worked with us when we again chose to host an international student.

Posted August 27, 2013
The school has a positive community-like atmosphere. The teachers seem to really care about the students and their success inside and outside of the classroom and are willing to help them. The small size allows for students to have opportunities to participate in activities that they might not be able to at larger schools.

Lutheran High School La Verne 1

Posted July 05, 2013
Be aware of International home-stay program offered from this school. School contracts with outside agent who overcharges but do not have proper supervision among the school/agent/host family, and the host families placement by the agent are not thoroughly sought. Schools refuse responsibility if contract is not fulfilled or under performance by the agent. Your due diligence by requesting references and asking prior students are strongly recommended before you put your students in jeopardy . And because of this unpleasant experience, we have no choice but pull the student out of this school. This is a remark by a regretful student guardian during 2012~2013 school year

Lutheran High School La Verne 5

Posted May 21, 2013
I think there needs to be a more updated review. I have two students at Lutheran High and it has been a wonderful experience. The communication online between the school office/teachers/students has been great. I definitely know what is going on with their grades and if any help is needed the teachers are definitely available. I also like that my kids can participate in sports, don't have to be a star player, but need to give it your all and the encouragement to do well is great. Also, both my kids are in NJROTC and it is an outstanding program. I wish all the kids would try it. Small class size is great and strong spiritual foundation. Don't pass this school by, definitely go by and take a look for yourself. I think you will be very pleased.

Posted June 12, 2011
After reviewing some of the prior comments, I thought it necessary to write a more recent review of this private school. If you're looking for a strong academic foundation for your child, as well as a strong spiritual foundation, I would strongly recommend researching this school and talking with other parents. Here are a few positive attributes of the school: 1. Strong academics, college-preparatory school. 2. Strong moral foundation. Family environment (if involved). 3. Small class sizes. 4. Many extracurricular programs in sports, music, civic, etc. 5. Well organized Navy-sponsored NJROTC program. 6. Good communication with parents on a weekly basis. 7. Very high in scholarship funding for seniors. 8. Very professional & personable principal. 9. Very dedicated teachers. 10. Safe school environment. In summary, we are very satisfied with our children attending Faith Lutheran High School in La Verne, CA. Do your own research on the items listed above, and I believe that you will find a very organized and loving school environment for your child.

Lutheran High School La Verne 2

Posted June 01, 2010
when i first went to Lutheran High I thought it was great; considering I loved it way more than public school but now i see it for how it is. All they do is take the students and parents money as if we are all rich and they only care for promoting the basketball team. Our first page in our 09-10 yearbook didn't even have our school's name or picture on it; it read STATE CHAMPIONS with a basketball. All of the teachers are leaving and its obvious they are leaving for a reason. i cant wait to graduate.

Lutheran High School La Verne 1

Posted March 03, 2010
This school is awful. The principal got forced into the position and has zero clue about being a principal. All the extra money the school has goes to basketball. The principal lacks integrity. The academics are poor. I would steer clear of this campus, until changes are made in teachers and administration.

Lutheran High School La Verne 2

Posted September 16, 2009

Lutheran High School La Verne 0

Posted September 01, 2009
The school is aweful. They are very disorganized, the principal is not involved, there is no guidance couselor. Students meet one on one with teachers behind closed doors which worries me a bit. All the school cares about for activities is the boys basketball program. None of the teachers are dedicated to their students and eliminate curriculum because they get 'bored' with it and the students don't understand it anyway.

Posted April 02, 2009
Its a very nice school. Having gone there myself I can say that the teachers are great but as others have said, the school is a bit disorganized. The NJROTC program is incredible. I highly suggest that program to any entering students.

Lutheran High School La Verne
3960 Fruit Street, La Verne, CA  91750
Last modified Lutheran High School La Verne is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Lutheran High School La Verne Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top