La Verne, CA

Lutheran High School La Verne 5

Posted July 06, 2015
Lutheran High School is like a family. I am a former student now, and I have to say that the people at this school are the best people you'll ever meet. The professors really care about you, and they make a great effort to get to know you. I am now a student at a great university, and I have to give all of the credit of my success to Lutheran High and its professors. One of my favorite professors, who was so funny and loving, always gave essay questions, that seemed annoying at times, but his essay questions really prepared me for college. I had no struggle at all getting into the colleges of my choice (professors give great letters of recommendation because they know you so well and work with you to get your GPA to where you want it), and now that I am in college, I am able to succeed in all of my classes because the professors always challenged me to do my best. Investing in Lutheran High is an investment in your future.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 06, 2015
The teachers give enough homework that you learn the material and understand it on a deeper level.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2015
It is a challenge, but if you want to be prepared for college, this is the high school for you. You learn so much, and you develop learning strategies that will help you in the future.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2015
Two of the greatest classes I had ever taken were Comparative Religions and Christian Living. These classes taught about other cultures and cultivated empathy and compassion for others. Though many students resented it, the weekly chapels were amazing. You learn so much about compassion and forgiveness at these chapels.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 06, 2015
Professors prepare you for college and are so friendly. I learned so much with these professors, and there are always a lot of laughs with the professors in the classroom.

Posted August 27, 2013
LHS is a great school-where students are a part of an extended family and the teachers genuinely care about each child. I actually had a positive experience with our International Student who chose to attend Lutheran High School after having attended another local private high school. Our international student was struggling with his academics and then came to LHS where teachers went out of their way to welcome him and work with him, after school, on their own time-all in an effort to help our international student reach his academic goals. As with any program you should always do your homework. But as I understand it many agents approach LHS every year allowing LHS to be very selective in who they choose to admit. LHS is not in charge of homestay arrangements but if a family is interested in being a host family or in need of a host family they can put the families in touch with various homestay providers. That's how it worked with us when we again chose to host an international student.

Posted August 27, 2013
The school has a positive community-like atmosphere. The teachers seem to really care about the students and their success inside and outside of the classroom and are willing to help them. The small size allows for students to have opportunities to participate in activities that they might not be able to at larger schools.

Lutheran High School La Verne 1

Posted July 05, 2013
Be aware of International home-stay program offered from this school. School contracts with outside agent who overcharges but do not have proper supervision among the school/agent/host family, and the host families placement by the agent are not thoroughly sought. Schools refuse responsibility if contract is not fulfilled or under performance by the agent. Your due diligence by requesting references and asking prior students are strongly recommended before you put your students in jeopardy . And because of this unpleasant experience, we have no choice but pull the student out of this school. This is a remark by a regretful student guardian during 2012~2013 school year

Lutheran High School La Verne 5

Posted May 21, 2013
I think there needs to be a more updated review. I have two students at Lutheran High and it has been a wonderful experience. The communication online between the school office/teachers/students has been great. I definitely know what is going on with their grades and if any help is needed the teachers are definitely available. I also like that my kids can participate in sports, don't have to be a star player, but need to give it your all and the encouragement to do well is great. Also, both my kids are in NJROTC and it is an outstanding program. I wish all the kids would try it. Small class size is great and strong spiritual foundation. Don't pass this school by, definitely go by and take a look for yourself. I think you will be very pleased.

Posted June 12, 2011
After reviewing some of the prior comments, I thought it necessary to write a more recent review of this private school. If you're looking for a strong academic foundation for your child, as well as a strong spiritual foundation, I would strongly recommend researching this school and talking with other parents. Here are a few positive attributes of the school: 1. Strong academics, college-preparatory school. 2. Strong moral foundation. Family environment (if involved). 3. Small class sizes. 4. Many extracurricular programs in sports, music, civic, etc. 5. Well organized Navy-sponsored NJROTC program. 6. Good communication with parents on a weekly basis. 7. Very high in scholarship funding for seniors. 8. Very professional & personable principal. 9. Very dedicated teachers. 10. Safe school environment. In summary, we are very satisfied with our children attending Faith Lutheran High School in La Verne, CA. Do your own research on the items listed above, and I believe that you will find a very organized and loving school environment for your child.

3960 Fruit Street, La Verne, CA  91750
Last modified Lutheran High School La Verne is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Lutheran High School La Verne Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top