K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 01, 2015
I am a former teacher. When I taught math and science at Calvary, I had my BS in science and teaching ELL certificate. I soon earned my CA teaching credential in math/physics/chemistry. I also complete my master in math and doctoral degree in math ed. I became a professor and teach future math teachers. I cannot agree that the teachers are not educated or qualified. I still recommend Calvary to my friends. When I was a teacher at Calvary, my son was attending at the elementary school and he was happy. His teacher was wonderful and all other students were very friendly. Sometimes a well-structured school or system is not everything. Our kids need a safe and loving environment. Calvary is the place.

Posted October 01, 2015
I am a former teacher at Calvary. When I taught Math and Science at Calvary, I did have my BS degree in science. I soon earned a CA teaching credential in math/physics/chemistry and now complete my doctoral degree in math education. I became a professor and teach future teachers. I cannot agree that the teachers are not educated. I still recommend this school to my friends. When I taught there, my son was attending the elementary school. His teacher was wonderful and he was very happy to be there. Sometimes well-structured school and system is not everything. Our kids need a safe and loving environment. Calvary is the place.

Calvary Baptist Church And Schools 2

Posted October 27, 2013
The teachers here are not required to have teaching degrees, or even a degree at all. They hire friends and family members of the church. There is also very little options for class selection.

Posted August 06, 2013
This school lives God"s words and not just preach it . The kindergarten teacher is awesome .Small classrooms meaning more attention to students .They work on fostering skills that come handy in life .

Posted November 05, 2012
Calvary s curriculum involves critical thinking, analysis, and application. The students participate in fundraisers which helps them build confidence and aquire job skills. Calvary is absolutely one of the best investments I have made for my children.

Posted July 02, 2012
Great staff, small classes, more one on one attention from teachers. A very caring and safe environment. Their daycare/after-school program is really good, with loving teachers and aides. Our older child goes to this school and our second one will be, too!

Calvary Baptist Church And Schools 4

Posted May 21, 2012
Staff is caring and nuturing. Curriculum is challenging in a positive way. Great sports programs with opportunities for everyone to play.

Posted May 20, 2010
Calvary is a wonderful school with loving, caring staff. I have been very pleased with my child's growth as a person, as well as academic achievements. I am a happy and proud Calvary parent!

Posted February 14, 2010
Our first year at Calvary has been a wonderful experience. The staff is very loving to our Son's and we are always recommending Calvary to our friends.

Posted November 18, 2009
CBS is a place for students with all abilities. Staff care about students and want the best for all!

2990 Damien Avenue, La Verne, CA  91750
Last modified Calvary Baptist Church And Schools is a Private school that serves grades K-12