Bad
Good

Chaparral Elementary School 2

Posted August 11, 2016
Whoever is on the staff today on August 11th 2016 is rude. Supposedly she said there were only 2 workers and the person who answered the phone was rude. I received an email from my daughters teacher saying that we should know by now if our daughter is early bird or late owl. I checked my phone and even called my voicemail to see if I had any missed messages. So I asked my husband to call for me while I was taking care of my newborn and right off the bat she was rude. She said we should've gotten a call but obviously we didn't. She asked rudely what are daughter name was and I now feel that they purposely didn't call due to our last name to discriminate against my family. The staff said she was early bird and she said next time check your phone or messages. Like what I said in the first place, we didn't receive any message at all, that is why we are calling. My husband asked for her name and this person that works with kids acts like a kid and hangs up. My husband calls back and a different person answers the phone and claims she doesn't know who we are talking about. How should I feel about my child going to this school when they are not acting as adults and being responsible. I very disappointed with the staff working today.

Chaparral Elementary School 4

Posted March 22, 2015
This is my daughter's 5th year at Chaparral and she has had amazing teachers every single year! It has been awesome that there has always been 2 student teachers in the classroom working with the class to bring the ratio down and all have been excellent student teachers from UCI. My daughter is one of the highest ranked students in her class but I think it has a lot to do with her teachers keeping her focused. She is in the Gate program but I'm not too sure what exactly she has been doing that has been different from other kids. I do feel like the community as a whole can be a little "fake" and that the you need to act or dress a certain way to be accepted (kind of like high school). My daughter has a group of friends but I don't know if I see them being lifelong friends for her. Of course there are a handful of parents that are really cool and down to earth but that's the overall feeling I get. I send my other daughter to a different elementary school and the feeling and community among the parents is a lot tighter with more real conversations about life rather than trying to keep up with what someone else's kid is doing or who has the nicest house, etc

Posted September 17, 2013
This school is awesome! They have been able to take the state mandated huge class sizes and develop a system of learning that works! My son is both excited to go to school as well as challenged when he gets there. Starting his third year at Chaparral....he has never had a bad teacher. They have all been actively involved and communicate well. And...the principal is AWESOME!! He is always visible and involved. Cannot say enough good things about this school... staff ...teachers... principal... love this school!

Posted August 08, 2011
My two children tell me everyday how much they love chaparral. The positive learning environment created by the principal, office staff, and teachers ensures me my children's safety and enables me to notice their growth academically. I am highly impressed with SchoolLoop and the Learning with Laptops Program. Well Done.

Posted April 01, 2011
Our children have attended Chaparral for the past 6 years and we couldn't be more pleased with the school. It feels more like a private school with opportunities to be actively involved in your child's education in both the classrooms and on the PTA. The principal, office staff, teachers, parents, even the regular substitute teachers, know and care about the kids and do what it takes to be sure the kids are doing their best everyday. We highly recommend Chaparral!

Posted April 28, 2010
Our kids love the teachers and while I miss our old Principal it is still one of the best in the OC.

Posted January 21, 2010
My son has been in the pre-school program and it is excellent. The teachers are incredible and I feel is well prepared for the next kindergarten.

Posted September 29, 2009
Chaparral Elementary is an amazing learning community! The principal, staff, students and families of Chaparral are second to none.

Posted January 19, 2009
Dr Rafferty is an amazing principal!

Posted September 22, 2008
This schools has some of the hardest working teachers I have ever seen. They spend a huge amount of time meeting, planning and creating a positive atmosphere for all kids. Even those with special needs. The teachers have all recently been doing a hands on program of math problem solving that has taken my children to a whole new level of thinking. This school (and principal) does put children first and reminds them everyday to 'learn like a champion!' I wish school was like this when I was a kid!

Chaparral Elementary School
29001 Sienna Parkway, Ladera Ranch, CA  92694-0433
Last modified Chaparral Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.