Bad
Good

Great school and staff. My daughter enjoys her school and teacher. Friendly and both of my daughters have a great learning experience

This is my daughter's 5th year at Chaparral and she has had amazing teachers every single year! It has been awesome that there has always been 2 student teachers in the classroom working with the class to bring the ratio down and all have been excellent student teachers from UCI. My daughter is one of the highest ranked students in her class but I think it has a lot to do with her teachers keeping her focused. She is in the Gate program but I'm not too sure what exactly she has been doing that has been different from other kids. I do feel like the community as a whole can be a little "fake" and that the you need to act or dress a certain way to be accepted (kind of like high school). My daughter has a group of friends but I don't know if I see them being lifelong friends for her. Of course there are a handful of parents that are really cool and down to earth but that's the overall feeling I get. I send my other daughter to a different elementary school and the feeling and community among the parents is a lot tighter with more real conversations about life rather than trying to keep up with what someone else's kid is doing or who has the nicest house, etc

This school is awesome! They have been able to take the state mandated huge class sizes and develop a system of learning that works! My son is both excited to go to school as well as challenged when he gets there. Starting his third year at Chaparral....he has never had a bad teacher. They have all been actively involved and communicate well. And...the principal is AWESOME!! He is always visible and involved. Cannot say enough good things about this school... staff ...teachers... principal... love this school!

My two children tell me everyday how much they love chaparral. The positive learning environment created by the principal, office staff, and teachers ensures me my children's safety and enables me to notice their growth academically. I am highly impressed with SchoolLoop and the Learning with Laptops Program. Well Done.

Our children have attended Chaparral for the past 6 years and we couldn't be more pleased with the school. It feels more like a private school with opportunities to be actively involved in your child's education in both the classrooms and on the PTA. The principal, office staff, teachers, parents, even the regular substitute teachers, know and care about the kids and do what it takes to be sure the kids are doing their best everyday. We highly recommend Chaparral!

Our kids love the teachers and while I miss our old Principal it is still one of the best in the OC.

My son has been in the pre-school program and it is excellent. The teachers are incredible and I feel is well prepared for the next kindergarten.

Chaparral Elementary is an amazing learning community! The principal, staff, students and families of Chaparral are second to none.

Dr Rafferty is an amazing principal!

This schools has some of the hardest working teachers I have ever seen. They spend a huge amount of time meeting, planning and creating a positive atmosphere for all kids. Even those with special needs. The teachers have all recently been doing a hands on program of math problem solving that has taken my children to a whole new level of thinking. This school (and principal) does put children first and reminds them everyday to 'learn like a champion!' I wish school was like this when I was a kid!

Last modified Chaparral Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.