Ladera Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Ladera Ranch Elementary- I found found that some teachers are better than other but overall, I can't complain. I have not found the PTA to be cliquey. I don't attend meeting because I work full time but my husband attends and volunteers, and as the "odd man out" he has always felt welcomed and included. He is actually chairing some committees this year. I love that they don't have fences. This is school, not prison. Volunteers are required to wear very official badges so anyone who is not supposed to be there is immediately noticed. The parent involvement is incredible. I live in Ladera Ranch but work in Santa Ana, and the reason I don't move closer to my job, is because of the far superior education my children will receive in Ladera Ranch.

Posted March 13, 2013
Very very sad!!! This school deserves a 1!!! First of all the school isn't fenced in, a open campus, 38 kids in a 3 rd grade class and a teacher that all she does all day is sit in front of her computer and email. The only way to start a dialog is through email. BAD BAD BAD School! What has California come to? We use to have the best school now the state is ranked 48. Needless to say my son won't be going here next year!!! We are going to be playing catch up this summer to get him up to par for a private or charter school. STAY FAR AWAY FROM CAPO SCHOOL DISTRICT!!!

Posted July 15, 2012
My child just finished fifth grade here. He's always had great teachers since kindergarten. I am confused by the Meg Gwyn bashing. My guess is it is from parents who didn't get their way. She is not warm and fuzzy, but runs an academic school.. We had 6 great years here.

Ladera Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2012
I like the school. I find that the parents are very involved and that does go a long way. A lot depends on the individual teachers your Kid gets for each grade. We are happy with the teachers that my Daughter was privileged to have in all Her grades so far. We parents take active interest in my kids school - homework, tests, additional practice, .... and I think that is very important in addition to the teachers you get. The school has very good API scores and API growth though I think they give you just one dimension and do not present the whole picture. The school has excellent facilities I must say. Things can be much better though in my opinion. I do agree with some of the comments from other parents that there is too much (emphasis on) fluffy stuff like fundrisers, drives, sellathons, ... etc. I don't need/want my Kids to be expert salesmen/saleswomen.

Ladera Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted April 01, 2012
Always somethin...But I am not pleased with this school since we started. My child is in kindergarten, and the way things are going, my child will be hating school for the rest of his life. Our teacher happens to be very passive, and just doesnt seem like she wants to be there. I know you happen to be a parent too but by gosh, take advantage of some after school program so your own children doesnt need to stay there in your classroom. The principal is very defensive when you bring up something to her attention.

Posted November 10, 2011
I saw a new posted 1 star yesterday, but someone was removed it. Please be honest with whatever parent commend. Telling the truth is helping the school, principal and management to be better for our school. If you still keep doing only posted the best commend, then your website is always lier. Thank you for your understanding

Posted September 10, 2011
This school is definitely not as good as it shows here. I just pulled out my kid this school year. Can you believe that teachers' kids were allowed to stay during a parent-teacher conference??? I wish I could watch my kid at work!! Very unprofessional!!!

Posted August 16, 2011
Thank you Ladera Ranch for teaching & loving the whole child! My kids are blessed to have such a caring group of educators. My family could not be happier with the wonderful teachers, fabulous principal, and a fun-loving and supportive PTA! This is truly a model school!

Posted May 31, 2011
LRES is an excellent school!! You can't argue with an API score of well over 900 for 2 years in a row. Almost all of the teachers are incredibly talented and extremely dedicated to our students. Meg Gwyn does her best to balance all factors. If it weren't for budget cuts from the state and the drama from our school board, life at LRES would be just about perfect. We should be grateful for our PTA - those parents have worked exceptionally hard to provide many wonderful things for our students and our school. And I have found the parents to be very friendly! Wonderful school - we are blessed!

Posted May 21, 2011
Why do we need a principal like Meg Gwyn. She basically just eats, sleeps, and plays with our taxpayer's money. Look at the core curriculum at this school; writing, reading, and math are far behind other schools. Does she care??? All she cares about is to "FIT IN" to the PTA girls asking for MONEY paractically every month. Party is her goal. Parents are unfriendly just like Meg Gwyn.

Ladera Ranch Elementary School
29551 Sienna Parkway, Ladera Ranch, CA  92694
Last modified Ladera Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ladera Ranch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.