Lafayette, CA

Posted October 29, 2014
This is my sons 3rd year here. Springstone is a wonderful, warm community. My son is now in 8th grade and has learned and progressed so much. The staff and teachers truly care about each child. I couldnt have asked for a better middle school experience for my son.

Posted April 18, 2014
I agree with prior reviewers, and would add that the school setting is beautiful, sharing property with a church in a lovely wood building with big windows, nestled in among the trees and with a creek bubbling down the hill. The directors have a wonderful philosophy, unlike any other that I've seen (focusing on executive functioning, teaching process before content), and the teachers all have Special Ed degrees. They are able and willing to identify each child's needs, and address them. My 6th grader has been here only a couple of months, but we are excited and pleased with the changes in him (no more anxiety!) We have dropped out of the rat race, and couldn't be happier. The irony is that our son is more engaged because we are here, in a small setting where he is actually able to concentrate on what they are teaching. Goodbye overachieving public schools, hello Springstone where my son can actually learn and grow as an individual without feeling overwhelmed. We are very, very pleased to be here.

Posted December 06, 2007
The Springstone School is a special school for kids on the autistic-spectrum or with other neurocognitive challenges. A lot of the students have Aspergers and many also have anxiety. My own son has PDD/NOS which is like Aspergers and anxiety plus panic attacks. Springstone has helped him so much! The teachers are wonderful and really understand him. In public school which he attended until 8th grade, he got all A's and was skating along but all of the things he needed help with were not addressed (social skills, extreme shyness, developing independence and life skills). Springstone has helped him with all of these things and he has come a long way in the time he's been there (almost 2 years). It's a great school and I highly recommend it.

Springstone School, The 4

Posted November 29, 2006
- a former student

Springstone School, The
1035 Carol Lane, Lafayette, CA  94549
Last modified Springstone School, The is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Springstone School, The Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top