K-8|Private

Bad
Good

The Transitional Kindergarten program was perfect for our child that was not ready for Kindergarten. The TK teachers had a structured curriculum and created a loving environment for our child. He was beyond ready his first day of Kindergarten because of the TK program and we couldn't have been more happy with it. Our other child at St .P's is becoming a well-rounded individual and we are happy with his highly educated teacher. We feel blessed and lucky to have our kids at St. P's.

We are very pleased with St Perpetua. We currently have two children at the school. The teachers are great educators and dedicate to the kids and school. The community has been warm and welcoming. It is the right balance of education and religion. The children learn how to be good people while receiving a great education. The principal is a constant learner and focused on providing the best education for the kids. Her background in both parochial and public school education has been an asset in helping provide a well rounded education and environment for all kids of learners.

As a perspective parent, I was very taken aback by several things I observed. The principal's background/experience is solely in public education. That fact is very evident in how she runs this school and the teachers she chooses to hire. Terms such as "Fun Friday" and "specials" are not part of a parachocial school's vocabulary. Having attended Catholic school myself, I am very familiar with how they are run and was incredibly turned off by this principal. Moreover, she came across as stiff and frosty. I once met the previous principal who ran the school years ago. That woman was a true advocate of Catholic education with a much warmer personality. If you are considering this school, I would suggest you keep looking. There are other Catholic schools out there that truly embrace the faith. Saint Perpetua is nothing more than a front for a public school.

We have attended St. Perpetua school for some time and were shocked to see that they are planning on installing a cell tower on the church/school campus right by where our kids play each day. If you are concerned about exposing your child to the possible harmful effects of this cell tower, please make sure to investigate the risks before enrolling your kids.

Our children went here for longer than they should have. The tuition was fine, the teachers were good, but the parents were really into gossip, and competitive with their children. We moved to another private school and have had no more issues. We kept none of the friendships from this school, and the kids don t ask about their former classmates, (that tells you something right there). There was a lot of student and staff turnover. We knew families that said they were happy there, but if we run into them now they have moved their children as well. We did our homework on schools, but sometimes you just can t tell until you experience it for yourself. If you decide to give this school a try; don t share more than you are willing to have the entire school know, because it will travel around the campus in about 24 hours! I was pretty shocked at some of the late night phone calls I received to update me on school yard gossip.

If you want a school that knows your child, knows your family and cares about the big picture of education, ethics, good citizenship and building great leaders of tomorrow, then St. Perpetua is the school for you. Great academics, caring teachers, involved parent community and administrators who understand the needs of all involved -- an excellent blend that will serve your child and your family well. In an area where we are surrounded by public schools that offer excellent academic programs, you'll experience how St. Perpetua School offers a solid foundation well beyond your academic needs.

Saint Perpetua is an outstanding school. The teachers love what they do and are there for the children and do whatever they can to help each succeed. The school also provides a place where my children's spirit can be stimulated as well as their minds. As a graduate of this school, it is my pleasure to give the gift of an education at this school to my own kids.

Outstanding school. It has an amazing community, incredible parent involvement and the teachers truly invest themselves into the children. We love it but more importantly, our children love it. It is a true pleasure to be involved with St. Perpetua School.

When it was time for my son to go to school, we looked at several schools in the Lafayette, CA area. What impressed us about St Perpetua was the commitment and passion that came across from the teachers to the principal. Once you are involved with St Perpetua, you quickly realize why it is a great school - the community. The parents are extremely involved in the education of their children. It is a perfect balance of education, faith and letting kids be kids. We are extremely happy with our choice.

St. Perpetua Elementary School is a gem! As a parent of three graduates, our children were blessed with the education and community that surrounded them. As an educator I am always impressed by the lengths to which the faculty works to meet the needs of individual students. Creating a triad consisting of student, parent and teacher is the framework in which they set the goals and objectives for student success. My children are now all in college and I continue to be grateful for the foundation they received at St. Perpetua School.

Last modified St. Perpetua is a Private school that serves grades K-8