K-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted July 18, 2016
My daughter has so far attended kinder and 1st grade at the Meher school and is reading chapter books on her own everyday this summer. More important, she is in an environment that is caring, respectful, non-punitive. Arts and creativity happen everyday. Teachers understand children and allow them to be who they are (within limits) of course. The children flourish here. What a special school!

Meher Schools, The
Grateful to: School leader

Posted July 18, 2016
Miss Ellen has stewarded this school for 40 years and is a model of patience and understanding and acceptance. She really cares! She is a gem!

Posted November 15, 2013
I went to this school about 9 years ago and it is a wonderful community with nothing short of wonderful people. You will make friends here that will stay your friends for the rest of your life. Meher School doesn't prepare you for the real world because being there is like a fantasy. Simply put, I want to go back.

Posted December 08, 2010
I was a student at Meher and have only wonderful things to say about it. The school's environment is both welcoming and nurturing and can make anyone feel right at home. When I entered middle school I was suprised because I had already learned much of the same material from Meher the previous year. Not only does it stress creativity through writing and the arts, but it also has wonderful after school activities. Looking back, I think it was what made my childhood so memorable.

Posted August 30, 2008
In a town renowned for its great public schools, we decided to keep our daughter in Meher School after her wonderful experience at the White Pony Pre-School. Meher is an exceptionally nurturing community-where respect isn't just a curriculum bullet-point but a genuine and guiding principal. The school provides a very solid foundation for learning. In 5th grade, for instance, the children have a special writing coach in addition to their gifted 5th grade teacher. They are given challenging and ultimately very rewarding writing projects which give them solid skills and experience for the transition to middle school. The school celebrates learning through the arts--singing, theater, art, etc., and these activities are part of the basic core curriculum. The tuition of the school is among the lowest in Contra Costa County. The White Pony Preschool is a rich and amazing preschool for little people, too.

Posted August 30, 2008
I graduated in June of '08. Meher is a wonderful school. I was there since the day I turned two. The teachers are kind, generous, beautiful people who are committed to their students. Not only the teachers, but the school as a whole gives a vibrant, loving energy. The people you meet there are the people you have an indescribable connection to forever. I very strongly recommend this magical school.

Posted July 10, 2008
My son just finished his First Grade here and he could read instructions on how to cook or how to put his toys together. My husband could not believe it! His spelling is excellent. Math is so easy for him, too. The best thing is that he really adored his First Grade teacher (Ms. Maggie). He kept saying that he missed her already, the first day after the school year ends. I am very thankful that he is a student here. His focus and his drive are excellent, better than his friend in a public school in Lafayette. He always wanted to be the best.

Meher Schools, The 3

Posted June 25, 2008
We loved the pre-school, however, we have been less pleased with the elementary school. Not all teachers are properly accredited, and the administration is extremely unresponsive to parental suggestions or complaints. There seems to be a rather paternalistic attitude of, 'We know best' that my husband and I have found extremely offputting.

Posted June 01, 2008
I am a student at Meher and it is a wonderful enviroment. All the teachers are patient, and loving. I have been going there since pree-school, and now I am about to graduate from 5th grade. I love Meher.

Posted August 16, 2006
Where I grew up, a third world war-torn country, I taught/shared with my classmates everything I knew. When I was attending UC Berkeley (not even an expensive private university), I was shocked by the level of high competition/arrogance by some students. The philosophy at the Meher Schools (love, cooperation, community, service to the world) brought me home and I could not believe that there was a school that I cried to beg for admission of my 5 year-old son. For the first few years of schooling, learning to have a great character, to be creative, and to be strong yet caring individuals is more important than knowing everything in the text book (we can look up at any time). My son loves/respects his teachers, who are like angels to him, and enjoys his program very much. This school is the best place for him in this part of the world. Sonia

Meher Schools, The