Anneliese's Schools, Inc.

Private | K-3

Student diversity

Living in Laguna Beach

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $985,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,210.

Sweep tile

Posted September 25, 2013

This school used to have a focus on quality education. Now, if you are visiting teacher from out of country, your hired. The teachers in general are completely sub-par. The main focus is German due to the schools origin. There isn't any supervision on the playground. Bullying is tolerated and most of the staff in the office are not qualified to perform their jobs. Our children attended for a few years and they are behind in math and english skills. After constant reporting of bullying, the staff only took notice after legal action was mentioned. One 5th grade class went thru 3 teachers in a single school year....... Not recommended!!!!!!

Posted January 24, 2013

We are entering our 5th year with Annelies this year. My daughter has attended the Aliso and the Manzanita Campus. We found not be happier with any school. The curriculum of global awareness, love of the earth, art and music, healthy eating and personal accountability is amazing. Not only does my daughter love to go to school, she loves staying longer for one of the many after school classes- gardening, kniting, french cooking, guitar ect. All of her teachers and Administrators are warm and loving, taking the time to really know her as a person. Children perform and sing in two concerts a year, singing various folk songs in 3 languages and in fluent sign language with even some John Lennon's Imagine thrown in ( talk about a tear jerker). This is an amazing school where children thrive academically and socially. Considering the home cooked lunches and all of the all of the activities this school is really a great deal for the money. - I feel very sorry for the parent below who's child was bullied, I can only say in my experience this has to have been a very isolated incident. I felt compelled to defend a school that has been such a true blessing in so many ways for our family.

Posted June 17, 2012

My son attends elementary school at the Willowbrook campus. We love this school for him. If you value art, music, language, natural science, hands-on experiences... this school has it in abundance. It is a very creative and intellectually stimulating environment. If the review below is true, I can only say that it makes me very sad, but that it has not been our experience at all. I have a very kind, passive child and have always been concerned about the possibility of bullying. I have found Anneliese's to be very nurturing for him. He loves going to school and hates leaving. The Willowbrook campus goes to 6th grade and I dread having him leave the lovely environment there!

Posted February 20, 2012

My child was brutally beaten up by his classmates during recess time at Willowbrook campus. Everything started like a chasing game and then all of a sudden my son was on the ground with another kid. This another kid "called for help" and six other kids "were helping" by kicking my son's stomach and head. NO ADULTS were present during this nightmare. Where of all the supervisors were? Discussing the latest TV show? When I am writing this I am so angry I can't even tell you. I was so worried about the possibility of internal bleeding, the bruises were so bad. Later on they've expelled one of the students (who was kicking my son on the stomach ) This is the second student that was expelled in 5 months in a third grade. The reason? Of course, bullying. Go ahead, ask their administrators how many students left in 2011-2012 school year and why.Of course, we left the school right away. I regret we did not do this earlier. As I found out, those fights, kicking and punching were regular things what kids did on the playground. Most parents have no clue about bullying and what's happening at school. That is because the biggest rule of this school is " To make parents happy"

Posted September 21, 2009

They consider every aspect of the Holistic Child that needs to be nurtured and nourished. Provide organically locally grown foods for the childrens lunch and its a very loving,caring environment, which is enriched with beautiful artistic decor that invites the children's imagination and appreciation for beautiful surroundings to develop.

Posted May 1, 2008

My son currently attends the Aliso campus and my daughter attended three years prior to that. It has been a wonderful experience with both children. The teachers and the director really care about the children and they are always willing to go out of their way to make you and your child feel like part of a big, wonderful family. The environment is beautiful and the art and foreign language programs can't be beat. I wouldn't dream of sending my children anywhere else. The school is not for everyone, especially if you are used to strip mall schools. The parent who posted the review on July 6th obviosly didn't realize what a special place Anneliese's is.

Posted October 31, 2007

My daughter has attended the Willowbrook campus for over a year..and I am astounded and impressed by how much she has learned and how much she has grown in the time she has spent here. She is blossoming into an articulate, confident and self-assured young lady. Thank you Anneliese!

Posted August 14, 2007

My Husband and I feel like we found a hidden gem in Anneliese's, our son attends the Willowbrook campus and is getting ready to start kindergarten. The level of caring from the teachers is high and when I see them with the kids in the playground, they actively help them with problem resolution. The breadth of what they offer to the kids is quite unheard of: languages, art, music, filed trips, great outdoor play, 'a global view', and the overall environment. I think they are particularly a good school for working parents. Our son has access to enriched learning that would just not be available in a public school environment or after care program. Take a tour of the campus or attend an open house sometime. In terms of an opportunity: a greater focus on language fluency, possibly emersion.

Posted July 6, 2007

All I can say is do not send your children to this school. Horrible care! Terrible attitude in teachers! I can only speak for the Aliso location, however, I wrote to the owner of the troubles there and recieved no acknowledgement, nor apology. Please think twice before you send your chilren to this school!

Posted July 4, 2007

My children are very lucky to attend such an amazing school. We have been at Anneliese three years now and could not be happier. Honestly, words cannot describe how special this school is. The teachers are highly intelligent, worldly, sophisticated and so loving. My son's love to wake up Monday morning and go to school...unheard of! They speak to each other in French, German and Spanish. They are challenged, encouraged, taught to be accountable for their actions, and are incredibly loved. They are taught to respect the earth, respect their bodies and nutrition, their peers, animals and the human race. Thanks to this school they are 'junior sophisticates' who discuss Robin Hood and other classics, they can recognize Mozart and other classics as well. I wish they had plans for a high school!

Posted May 15, 2006

Wonderful learning environments. Diverse and interesting curriculum. Nurturing teachers.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 23, 2006

My children go to the Willowbrook campus and I could not be happier. My second grader is reading at an eighth grade level and my pre-schooler is happy and challenged. The art and music programs are rich and the foreign language is extraordinary. I can't say enough about how wonderful this school is.

Posted February 7, 2006

Anneliese's schools provide a wonderful and nurturing environment to kids from pre-school to sixth grade. The teachers are first rate and the curriculum is rich in foreign language, arts and music. The after school program is also excellent. The principal/director truly cares about each and every child and this is also the case for all the teachers I have met. I have two kids enrolled in the school and I sometimes wish I myself had the opportunity to learn in such a rich environment when I was a kid.

Posted October 28, 2005

When I first toured the campus, I was very impressed with the atmosphere and the enriching enviroment. The playground is wonderful with many opportunities for imaginative play. Once my child was enrolled in the pre-school, I found that the activities were more 'mainstream' than I expexted, and some of the teachers I encountered were not as loving as I had hoped. When my child went from the nursery to the pre-school, communication from the teachers seemed to stop abruptly. I would love to be allowed to work in the classroom, but this is not allowed. This has made me feel out of touch with my child's progress and interests. This is why I have pulled my child out and enrolled her in a co-op preschool. The cost is an issue also. This is a good school, but not what we were looking for.

Posted July 15, 2005

The art and foreign language program are excellent. I would love for my children to be fluent in 3 or 4 languages other than English.

Posted May 11, 2005

As the parents of a six year old first grader, we could not be happier with Anneliese's School. There is a caring, nuturing environment, terrific academics (including foreign languages),and a healthy and positive understanding of children's need for active play. The school grounds are like a fairy tale village. Great school, great teachers, great administrators, and great kids.

Posted May 11, 2004

It is a school where magic happens. Housed in a 1920ish Spanish home and monestary, it evokes a wonderous and calm feeling upon walking on its grounds. You see and hear children laughing, doing music, art and crafts, singing and speaking several languages and having fun. The academics are equally as good as our former public elementary (which was consistantly rated the top two in OC). Our field trip to Germany this year was unbelievable. This is the school of Anneliese, a woman who has a deep love and conviction in teching children more than materialism and ego to children. They teach respect, kindness and a global outlook toward their education and life. As first year students, our children are exposed and speak multiple languages - Spanish, German, French and Japanese. They now love school. What a wonderful experience!

758 Manzanita Drive