No rating

Anneliese's School

Private | PK-6

Living in Laguna Beach

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $985,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,210.

Posted September 16, 2013

Anneliese School is the most unique, enchanting school I have ever seen, my Grandson can't wait to go to school everyday. The environment is so positive and loving, he is learning languages, art, gardening, signing, not to mention reading, math, penmanship, music, most importantly he is learning how to learn through critical thinking. The environment is rich with gardens, animals, birds wonderful Teachers and happy children.

Posted August 2, 2013

Both my kids attended this school from nursery to K1. The teachers and others are very nurturing and attentive. I believe they are a unique school in the way they create a learning environment for kids by exposing them to different cultures, languages, arts, gardening, cooking, etc.. I definitely recommend this school. We will miss them dearly :( !

Posted August 2, 2013

The school has not experienced a change in leadership as one review states. There is no "free tuition" and the five women who act as administrators have been with the school for many years. Currently two of these women have children enrolled in the school and the other three women have children who are alumni and attended 20 years ago. Why wouldn't we have our children attend a school that we believe is a unique and beautiful academic institution? I strongly disagree with the review and feel badly that this parent did not have a positive experience. The school faculty strives to maintain excellence in all areas.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 19, 2013

I had my children at Anneliese's from Nursery until half way into K1. I would not change things at all, This is the perfect place for children to learn while they are having fun. I highly recommend it. Having said that, you have network with parents to know which teacher is best to pick from K1 on. I was blindsided by the fact I had picked a less than qualified teacher for my boys, very nurturing though, and my children started to fall behind. The school is struggling to become more academic and change is painful on teachers and unfortunately, like i my case, the students and parents.

Posted December 31, 2012

We left what was considered one of the top Irvine elementary schools to go to Anneliese and are so glad we did! We only wish we'd started with Anneliese from the beginning! The commute is well worth what our child gets - a warm, loving, challenging environment with an enriched curriculum that can't be matched even in Irvine! The changes in our daughter's happiness, productivity, and joy were remarkable and noticeable to others within a week of switching schools. The peers at the school are generally very good as well, and teachers and staff are extremely well trained and appropriately coach students in social situations to prevent the bullying and meanness that is so prevalent in other elementary schools.

Posted June 22, 2011

This is a magical gem. Many people only think of this school only a preschool. It is so much more. The students actually do their own projects here (not the parents). Healthy organic lunch and some bus service is provided. Very kind and loving school. My son is well prepared to attend middle school.

Posted January 8, 2010

My child went there for several months. It is a great school. I am moving to Irvine now and I have to change his school but I couldn't find anything like this one at Irvine. Most of the schools are mostly concerned about the academics but at this young age I prefer my child to play, to be active and eat healthy. It is great that they introduce kids with different cultures and languages. Anyone living close to this school I highly recommend it.

Posted January 12, 2009

My daughter is thriving so well. I am a full time working mother and I don't feel bad leaving my daughter there all day. They truely love her!

Posted November 17, 2008

My child actually attends the Willowbrook campus on Laguna Canyon Road. It is a magical place. The teachers are kind, creative and exceptionally caring towards my daughter. The campus is very unique and beautiful. It offers a farm and an onsite active garden. The child eat family style, healthy food each day. The facility is clean and organized. Kids play hard and it shows on their dirty clothes daily! Not a problem for me but some might find this a turn off. The emphasis on multiple languages, cultures, and art is a real plus. Overall, I am very happy with my choice in a pre-school.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Special education