PK-6|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The school has not experienced a change in leadership as one review states. There is no "free tuition" and the five women who act as administrators have been with the school for many years. Currently two of these women have children enrolled in the school and the other three women have children who are alumni and attended 20 years ago. Why wouldn't we have our children attend a school that we believe is a unique and beautiful academic institution? I strongly disagree with the review and feel badly that this parent did not have a positive experience. The school faculty strives to maintain excellence in all areas.
August 02, 2013

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I went to this school way back in 2012 and my experience was bad. i was constantly bullied and when i told teachers about it, they told me to "work it out on my own" until my father got involved... the teachers are lazy and don't teach much. and the languages? I don't remember anything i learned and neither do my old peers.. the tuition gets higher every year and is NOT worth it

Amount of homework: Disagree

there is not much homework assigned at this school

My son has gone to Anneliese for two years. He never wants to leave and is always happy to go. There is no where else that I am familiar with that is teaching first graders sign language, German, Spanish, French, music and gardening and where they get to play on a playground and get dirty 3 times a day. I strongly disagree with any of these negative reviews, the teacher here are amazing and truly love the children. My son just started first grade and is already beginning to do multiplication and adding in double digits. I wish they went through high school.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted August 02, 2013

The staff only cares about their own children that attend free of charge. There is a major bullying problem that always seems to get brushed under the rug until a child gets hurt. This has occurred on many situations. There isnt any supervision on the playground and when an issue is reported to the staff the children are told to either work it out or not to tattle. Many of the teachers are incredible, while others have no business teaching our children. Unfortunately the staff will hire who they like vs who has the highest credentials. The school use to be extraordinary however it is not the same school it once was 2 years ago.

This school is the most amazing place. It has consistently been a "safe haven" for our children for the last 4 years. The school was hit by a devastating flood in December of 2010. The safety of our children was always the schools first concern. Last week the school closed for a day because the weather was hot and dry. The possibility of a wildfire was a concern. The reason the school decided to close for the day? The safety of the students! The school is in Laguna Canyon and has a small creek running through the middle. They take care of not only our children, but also a menagerie of rescued animals. The "professionals" who run this school are wonderful people who not only provide a quality education, but also a loving, caring environment for our children. The school has many wonderful programs such as gardening, music, dance and foreign language. There are no schools in Orange County that offer everything that Anneliese Schools does. Please read all of the posts from other satisfied parents before letting the post made by a parent on May 1, 2013 taint your decision on whether this school is for you. We have had NOTHING but good experiences since our children have been there.

Amazing school, caring staff, beautiful environment!!! What else could you want in a school? I highly recommend Anneliese Schools to anyone who asks. My daughter has attended for 6 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about this very special school.

GREAT EXPERIENCE..... I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Anneliese School. I feel my children are in very good care when I drop them off. They are always happy to tell me about what a fun day they had. I would highly recommend this school.

We were thrilled to find Anneliese's schools after we were very dissatisfied with the public schools. Many schools miss the mark with their antiquated approaches to education and have become nothing more than machines trying to crank out good test takers. At Anneliese, they know what is important. Happy children who are intelligent and creative problem solvers. Caring, nurturing teachers who actually understand child development and are willing to support children so that they can reach their potential. Arts, music, languages, nature, healthy living, and positive social interactions are abundant. Conflicts between children are resolved positively and constructively so that bullying cannot fester. Anneliese is truly progressive in its approach to education, and I have no doubt that its students will fare much better in the future than students who are learning how to take tests in mass production child factories, as some public elementary schools can now be described!

My kids have thrived here. We looked at many other Orange County Private Schools and can't find one that combines the great benefits of Anneliese's School (diversity, art, music, language programs) with the academics.

Last modified Anneliese Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-6