Laguna Beach, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The school has not experienced a change in leadership as one review states. There is no "free tuition" and the five women who act as administrators have been with the school for many years. Currently two of these women have children enrolled in the school and the other three women have children who are alumni and attended 20 years ago. Why wouldn't we have our children attend a school that we believe is a unique and beautiful academic institution? I strongly disagree with the review and feel badly that this parent did not have a positive experience. The school faculty strives to maintain excellence in all areas.
August 2, 2013

Posted September 16, 2013
My son has gone to Anneliese for two years. He never wants to leave and is always happy to go. There is no where else that I am familiar with that is teaching first graders sign language, German, Spanish, French, music and gardening and where they get to play on a playground and get dirty 3 times a day. I strongly disagree with any of these negative reviews, the teacher here are amazing and truly love the children. My son just started first grade and is already beginning to do multiplication and adding in double digits. I wish they went through high school.

Anneliese's School 1

Posted July 29, 2013
The staff only cares about their own children that attend free of charge. There is a major bullying problem that always seems to get brushed under the rug until a child gets hurt. This has occurred on many situations. There isnt any supervision on the playground and when an issue is reported to the staff the children are told to either work it out or not to tattle. Many of the teachers are incredible, while others have no business teaching our children. Unfortunately the staff will hire who they like vs who has the highest credentials. The school use to be extraordinary however it is not the same school it once was 2 years ago.

Posted May 08, 2013
This school is the most amazing place. It has consistently been a "safe haven" for our children for the last 4 years. The school was hit by a devastating flood in December of 2010. The safety of our children was always the schools first concern. Last week the school closed for a day because the weather was hot and dry. The possibility of a wildfire was a concern. The reason the school decided to close for the day? The safety of the students! The school is in Laguna Canyon and has a small creek running through the middle. They take care of not only our children, but also a menagerie of rescued animals. The "professionals" who run this school are wonderful people who not only provide a quality education, but also a loving, caring environment for our children. The school has many wonderful programs such as gardening, music, dance and foreign language. There are no schools in Orange County that offer everything that Anneliese Schools does. Please read all of the posts from other satisfied parents before letting the post made by a parent on May 1, 2013 taint your decision on whether this school is for you. We have had NOTHING but good experiences since our children have been there.

Posted May 08, 2013
Amazing school, caring staff, beautiful environment!!! What else could you want in a school? I highly recommend Anneliese Schools to anyone who asks. My daughter has attended for 6 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about this very special school.

Posted May 07, 2013
GREAT EXPERIENCE..... I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Anneliese School. I feel my children are in very good care when I drop them off. They are always happy to tell me about what a fun day they had. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted November 03, 2012
We were thrilled to find Anneliese's schools after we were very dissatisfied with the public schools. Many schools miss the mark with their antiquated approaches to education and have become nothing more than machines trying to crank out good test takers. At Anneliese, they know what is important. Happy children who are intelligent and creative problem solvers. Caring, nurturing teachers who actually understand child development and are willing to support children so that they can reach their potential. Arts, music, languages, nature, healthy living, and positive social interactions are abundant. Conflicts between children are resolved positively and constructively so that bullying cannot fester. Anneliese is truly progressive in its approach to education, and I have no doubt that its students will fare much better in the future than students who are learning how to take tests in mass production child factories, as some public elementary schools can now be described!

Posted June 27, 2011
My kids have thrived here. We looked at many other Orange County Private Schools and can't find one that combines the great benefits of Anneliese's School (diversity, art, music, language programs) with the academics.

Posted May 12, 2010
We have had our daughter in Anneliese s schools for 3 years now, from young preschool, to older preschool and now Jr. Kindergarten. It has been an amazing place of discovery for her and us. The multicultural aspects of the school are wonderful primers for living in today s world. The children learn multiple languages through a child centered learning approach that stresses comprehension. Our daughter asks for things in French, Spanish, and German. We can t be more impressed with this school, the teachers and the emphasis on childhood, arts, music and learning. Everything from the classrooms to the playgrounds are a fantasyland for children. We will be sending our girl here next year for Kindergarten- for many reasons, and due to the state of the public school systems in this area, we would love to continue on for grade school. Highly recommend this school!

Anneliese's School 1

Posted November 02, 2009

Posted November 11, 2008
I have all three children at Anneliese's school in Laguna Canyon. My children are developing into confident little ladies. They love the different languages and the exposure to all the different cultures. This school not only has an international selection of teachers and staff, but also the student body. One doesn't often see such a 'smorgasbord' of different nationalities as one sees in the children who attend here. This is teaching my children an understanding of the different cultures and also an acceptance of the differences. The campus is so woodsy. There is a well-stocked aviary in the middle of the campus and in addition to birds and poultry there are also llamas on the hillside. This is the sort of campus a kid can explore and delight in discoveries. Go tour the property, meet the faculty, observe the joyful children.. you will be won over..

Anneliese's School