Laguna Beach, CA

El Morro Elementary School 3

Posted October 26, 2011
The academics at this school are high and challenging which I had heard from many of my neighbors before sending my son there. I was suprised before my son started there that not one of those parents I met sent their children to this school even though they felt the academics were excellent. I was told by almost every parent that the reason they changed their children to private schools was because of bullying at the school. However, I did enroll my son in the school. Unfortunately I found that they were correct about the bullying. It's pretty bad.

Posted February 10, 2011
This school is pure and simple a powerhouse of education and development. From my son's experience in the Laguna Beach public schools - first grade - only 17 kids were in his class and he received plenty of attention. His teacher was top notch - young and highly educated and motivated. The classroom is fully decked out in high tech, including full touch sensitive video screen instead of blackboards or whiteboards. Students can take extra classes after school, in academics, arts and sports. ....and parent involvement in fund raising and support has been very heavy. The leadership is dedicated, motivated, highly effective and focused on improvement. Some say El Morro and Laguna Beach schools are "public private schools." I would agree with that....

El Morro Elementary School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
It's an exceptional school with exceptional teachers and programs. The administrators educate, care and nuture their students.

El Morro Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
It puts students first. This school has the majority of the English Learners in our town. To help them, they invited the AAUW to form an after-school Learning Club. We work one-on-one with kids who are referred by their teachers. Our TLC kids all improve in English, reading and math by the end of the year.

Posted December 05, 2008

Posted September 28, 2008
What can be better than to educate children in a school that teaches with heart and emphasizes character development. We have a PTA that is second to none under the direction of Lynn Gregory and a batalion of parents ready and eager to help. Schoolpower is a dedicated endowment organization that continues to make it possible to enrich students,parents and staff in all arenas that reflect the community we live in with rich exposure to the Arts. The teachers are dedicated to helping each child reach their individual goals and maximize their potential. El Morro is a great place to be, and who could deny the fact that we have one of the most beautiful setting, nestled into the Pacific coastline.

El Morro Elementary School 1

Posted July 23, 2008

Posted March 29, 2005

Posted March 18, 2005

El Morro Elementary School 4

Posted February 20, 2005
Emphasis is heavily liberal arts. Teachers are excellent and the staff turnover is quite small. The principal is new (2004) but has experience at the middle school level and seems to have the energy and intelligence for the job. The parents are highly envolved and the administration works well with the communitee. All 5 of my kids have attended and we are very satisfied with their overall experience.

El Morro Elementary School
8681 North Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA  92651
Last modified El Morro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Morro Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top