Posted November 18, 2014
Lomarena is a really good school. Bullying, stealing, fighting and bad language at 2:30 P.M.? (according to another review). Wow! I'm missing a lot because I sure haven't seen this nor has any other person I've spoken to at this school. From my experience as a parent here, this type of bad behavior at Lomarena would never be tolerated or accepted. It would be dealt with immediately by the playground supervisor, teacher or the principal. My child's in 5th grade and loves learning here. Whenever I feel that my child needs to be challenged more academically or request more homework, I ask the teacher to go a step further. Most teachers oblige and are really happy to do so.

Lomarena Elementary School 2

Posted November 08, 2014
We just moved to this area and this is the first time that my child is not happy with her school. There is behavioral issue at this school. The kids use extremely bad language. Bullying ...fighting and using bad language is so normal. The kids steal each other school supply.... just stop by at this school around 2:30 you will see what I am saying....

Posted October 09, 2013
Lomarena is a great school. I am very impressed with Mr. Morrow's (Principal) quick response to the over crowded classes. He was able to add two additional classes, and my son is in one of them. The transition has been very smooth. The teachers and parents we have met so far, seem to be very involved and care deeply about our children and our school.

Posted June 04, 2013
Lomarena has so many bright spots, it is a real blessing within the public school system. When deciding between Valencia and Lomarena for the GATE program, Lomarena was the clear choice for my child for so many reasons. The 2012 API score is impressive at 914 (2 points above Valencia), and the growth over the past 3 years from 860s to 910s is the greatest increase in the district. Test scores aside, the teachers are devoted, the curriculum rigorous, standards are set high and fair, and the environment fosters growth and development in all students. Great experience over the past 4 years!

Posted May 21, 2013
Lomarena is truly a "hidden gem" in SVUSD. What the teachers do with the challenges they face is amazing - they have test scores that rival Valencia...even with a high population of ESL students. The teacher/parent relations are fabulous and the level of commitment to the kids from both sides (parents and teachers) is truly unparalleled in this economy in the public schools. I could not recommend this school more highly at SVUSD.

Posted February 08, 2013
The school has been a fantastic switch for my daughter who has been inspired to learn at higher academic standards, she has fun but is challenged as well! The school is very organized the principal is friendly and always visible. My daughter's teacher has many years of experience and it is evident in her teaching style!!!she gets results!! The PTA plans many wonderful programs for the school!! The school has an upbeat feel- we love our school!!!

Posted September 23, 2012
There is a rigorous and challenging curriculum at Lomarena. In addition, there is a GATE program. My child's in a combination class (younger grade) currently which I think is beneficial. Many of the teachers at this school are highly regarded and are outstanding educators who really care about the students. There are so many active PTA and volunteers that help. There's an abundance of challenging homework for the students.

Posted January 19, 2012
This School is great! The playground is big and my daughter loves it. The lunch for fifth graders is 12:20 which is better than any other school because the old school my daughter used to go to was 1:15pm. I absoulutly love this school!

Posted September 21, 2010
My daughter's school experience has really been wonderful. She is blossoming under the guidance of the teachers here, and is always excited to go to school. This enthusiasm says a lot. Also, the school PTA is fabulous. They are very involved & active.

Posted December 16, 2009

Lomarena Elementary School
25100 Earhart Road, Laguna Hills, CA  92653
Last modified Lomarena Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lomarena Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top