Laguna Hills, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 24, 2014
My daughter is in third grade at San Joaquin, she's been a Cheetah since Kindergarten, and we absolutely love it. The school and staff have really worked hard to increase the quality of the experience for the kids over the last couple of years, and it's showing in my daughter's development. Her teacher last year REALLY pushed her to excel in areas she was falling behind on, and by the end of the year she was an honor roll student. Her teacher this year is just as great. The principal has always taken my concerns very seriously, and she really cares about the well being of the kids, and wants them to do well. Any issue I've had has been resolved immediately. The school is also proactive about offering bullying prevention seminars. The after school TLC program is also top notch - Rhea and her staff have become like family. They help my daughter with her homework every day, and do a great job at giving the kids creative outlets and activities, which is such a big help to working parents like me. My little one is happy and receiving an excellent education at San Joaquin, and I couldn't give it a higher recommendation.

Posted September 23, 2014
San Joaquin is a wonderful school! The only reason Great Schools has given it a 4 is because of outdated test scores. This is the same reason it is labeled "Program Improvement". This rating is based on standardized tests from years ago; tests not even given in the state of California anymore. San Joaquin has worked hard, and their teachers, curriculum, and resources are top notch. Come take a tour of this awesome school and see for yourself the learning that happens when you are a San Joaquin cheetah!

Posted August 19, 2014
My sons were in kinder and 6th grade last year at San Joaquin, and my youngest will be continuing at the school for first grade. Both of them had extremely positive experiences. My sixth grader was able to participate in afterschool track and field, and the school even offers chess and art too. His teacher, Mr. Fowler, was a great role model for him to look up to--he managed the classroom very well, and LOVED being there with the students. My kinder had Mrs. Von Luft and flourished throughout the year. The school has started an enrichment time every morning for students who speak only English, while bilingual students get leveled English Language Development. I am excited to see how this enrichment class will challenge my soon to be first grader! I highly recommend San Joaquin to any parent in Laguna Hills. Awesome experiences!

San Joaquin Elementary School 2

Posted June 03, 2014
My daughter has attended this school for k-2. Her teachers have been great so far. The principal on the other hand, has been horrible. She doesn't listen to the parents, she looks down on them. This school spends money on the English language learner kids, and on anti bullying, and, my daughter has been bullied so much this last year. There is not proper supervision on the playgrounds. I hope to have my daughter elsewhere next year!

Posted June 02, 2013
MY daughter is currently in sixth grade at San Joaquin. She has attended San Joaquin since kindergarten. She qualified for a GATE school in first grade but we decided to keep her at San Joaquin. We have been very happy with this school. All of her teachers have been great! They have all provided her with an excellent education and have been very caring and concerned. There is a nice small community feeling at San Joaquin too. We highly recommend this school!

Posted April 07, 2013
My oldest son has been attending the school for two years. He is in the Special Education Class. We are happy to see his improvent in all areas, since he is with the teacher Miss Keene. She is Great, very kind and nice with parents. The KEY is: "Parents get involved if you want your kids succeed at school". The Principal Mrs Schibler is very nice and always listens our concerns. School is clean and organized.

San Joaquin Elementary School 1

Posted November 26, 2012
There are some good teachers, but compared to other schools in the area, it is a poor choice. 40% of the kids are "English learners" which means not fluent in English. This is where the school spends its money and time, with afterschool programs and such, in an effort to get test scores up to average. If you have bright kids and want them to learn to excel, take them somewhere else, as they'll get no support here. Also had a problem with one of the kids being bullied. We and our kids are very happy we left this school.

Posted October 04, 2012
I only rate it 4 stars instead of 5 because it needs more parental support! We were quite worried when all our methods for transfering our daughter failed and we HAD to go to our school within our boundaries or private school. With much concern we enrolled and moved forward, it proved to be a wonderful experience for my daughter. The teacher was incredible. The prinicple was engaged with students, parents and staff. Our daughter thrived here! I believe it would be a better school if the parents that should participate in this school would realize the score has more to do with demographics than actual effectiveness of the staff. AND their scores are improving! :) Go San Joaquin!

Posted June 08, 2012
My son is just completing his first year at this school. We started him here in first grade this year with much trepidation about public school in general. He had been in a private Montessori school prior to coming to San Joaquin. He has THRIVED at San Joaquin!!!! We LOVE this school, the principal is AMAZING and the teachers are awesome!! If only more parents in the neighborhood would realize that the school would be an even better school if YOU placed your children in it instead of spending money on private schools out of our immediate area. If you are considering this school, I highly suggest you give it a chance!!! Thank you to all the staff, parents and volunteers of San Joaquin!!!!

Posted July 13, 2010
I have two sons both of which attended K-6, I moved further away and chose to keep them at this school with a transfer request. This is a great school that really cares for the children that attend. My favorite teacher is Ms. Hammond. She has a heart of gold and truly loves her job, I've never seen such a dedicated woman.

San Joaquin Elementary School
22182 Barbera, Laguna Hills, CA  92653
Last modified San Joaquin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Joaquin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top