PK-K
Laguna Hills, CA

Posted January 27, 2014
My son started Kinder this year and he loves it (he cries when he doesn't go). His Kinder teacher Mrs. E is great. The whole staff is great but the negative side is that they are very unorganized. I recently had to complain because the staff never seem to man up to tell the parent (with sick kids) to stay home. My son has had several Asthma attacks from taking him to school (healthy) and comes home really sick from other sick children, after me finally complaining the school staff finally decided to Lysol my son's classroom. I had called the school office the week prior to speak with the principal about the issue, FYI up to date I still have not heard back from Principal.

Posted September 24, 2013
This preschool is the best kept secret in South OC. The director is very easy to get along with and you can tell she has a genuine interest in the academic and social success of your child. All the teachers are so sweet and my kids have nothing but affection for all of them. Here are some highlights: (1) This is not a daycare. It's an honest to goodness school. It does NOT have the depressing vibe of a daycare institution. (2) The preschool program is set up to prepare kids for Kindergarten, so there is an actual academic core to the program. (3) For the price, this school can't be beat. The rates are more than reasonable. (4) Chapel. The kids go to church, which is a big bonus for us. (5) Sports and music programs are offered for an additional fee. (6) Fundraisers are minimal but are always something I can actually sell. :-) (7) When I come to pick my kids up, they don't want to leave. (8) Staff retention: Same staff all year last year. Hoping for the same this year. This is a great school!! I can't recommend it enough. I was shocked to learn there wasn't a waiting list, so check it out if you are interested in putting your child in a solid faith-based program.

Posted September 24, 2013
My two children both love St. George's Academy. The teachers are all kind, compassionate, and attentive to the children. The curriculum is both academic and faith-based centered as well as age-appropriate. Unlike a previous school, my oldest child quickly warmed up to the teachers and the other children at the school, and my oldest actually looks forward to going to school. No more tears whenever Mom & Dad drop off the kids at school; now they quickly tell Mom & Dad goodbye before wandering off to play with their classmates. The price is very reasonable, and located off the 5 right in the heart of Orange County, it is quickly accessible to busy, working parents. I highly recommend St. George's Academy.

Posted November 04, 2010
Two of my 3 children have now attended St. George's and they loved it! They ask to go to school and have loved their teachers!

St Georges Academy 1

Posted August 12, 2010
I would not recommend this preschool to anyone. I had a very unpleasant experience with a teacher at this school who lacks patience and compassion for little children. The director, however, is a very kind and sweet person, I wish she was the one teaching the little ones.

Posted September 12, 2009
Two of my children attend this school and this is there second year. They absolutely love it there. The classrooms are small so teachers can work more closely with them and be very attentive. Staff is wonderful and everyone knows your childs name and very loving, caring environment. I cannot say enough about this school and how glad I was able to have my children attend. They have each grown and learned so much just after a few weeks there first year there. My children attended 2, 3 yr program and pre-K. I definately recommend.

Posted May 27, 2004
My child has attended St. George s for several years. The educational experience has been second to none. The preschool program is one of the best around. The class sizes are small, and the teachers are wonderful. My child has not only received an exceptional education (test scores in the 90 s) but more importantly the love of reading and learning. The school environment is warm, safe and nurturing. The school provides one of the most well rounded curriculums including strong academic, fine art, computer lab, and music in addition to a sense community service. The school s size allows each child s talents and strengths to be promoted and recognize. My child wakes up looking forward and wanting to go to school each day. There are several fundraisers throughout the year, with one being mandatory. The fundraisers support the activities.

St Georges Academy 2

Posted May 19, 2004
Years ago, the school was a great place for children to learn. Unfortunately, in the past few years things have gone downhill. Parents are asked to participate in fundraisers to buy things for the students, yet the money ends up being spent on school bills, not at all on the children. Also, there is no consistency where homework is concerned, and rarely do many teachers stay longer than a year or two. This school was once a wonderful place, it's unfortunate that it isn't any longer. If things don't change in the very near future, they may not have a school left to advertise.

St Georges Academy