Bad
Good

LNES suffers from mediocrity. There is a lack of leadership from this new principal, who decides things on a whim (new computers for kids who already have new computers at home?, a new 5th grade teacher one month into the year?), without consideration to parents (unlike Ellen FIne), and believes that she knows best. She runs the school as if it suffers from testing underachievement when in fact, the school needs more support for training teachers (who let children grade their own papers, don't keep track of assignments, and do the minimum for preparing students throughout the year perhaps because the material is hard for them, too), parental involvement (no one joined the PTA this year and room moms are the same moms every year), and kids who are socialized to be bullies in middle school (there is no moral development). I am scared to know how these teachers will survive the common core curriculum. They can't even do the STAR curriculum.

Amazing principal who helped start this new school 10 years ago. Each teacher my child has had a great experience here and u can't wait for my next child to begin. My kids started at Montessori and easily transitioned. YMCA after care is right on site and also for summers. Tons of great after school programs: lacrosse, chess, science/math clubs, acting, guitar, and more. Running Club on Fridays, teacher run PE, Art Masters class, parent run library. Super PTA and Foundation. Parents from all around want their kids to go here w the great Principal and super teaching staff!!

This is a wonderful school with caring, smart, energetic teachers and a real sense of community. Many of the kids walk to school and the neighborhood is great. Great parent participation and parent/teacher/principal communication as well.

I am incredibly proud to be a parent in the LNES community. Through 26 years of working in the local nonprofit sector, I have seen the full spectrum of leadership, teaching, and school environments in elementary schools across Orange County, and I can confidently say that LNES stands head and shoulders above the rest. Our principal, Ellen Fine, sets the curve for establishing a culture of both academic rigor and excellent character traits and values, all in a warm, supporting and nurturing environment. I only wish we could stay here through high school! :-)

Laguna Niguel Elementary is a wonderful school. As a parent I could not be happier. The teachers are caring and devouted to their students and genuinely love to teach. The school's focus is on providing a warm environment where the students want to come to school and learn. That type of environment is fostered by the school's principal who is extremely accessible and involved with her students. There are a multitude of after school activities and a tremendous amount of parent involvement. My child is flourishing at Laguna Niguel Elementary.

The teachers and staff genuinely care about the children. Proactive approach to make sure no child get left behind. Really active parents. PTA and Foundation work tirelessly to support the school and the children. The kids are exposed to music, arts, technology, student council, as well as core subjects. Assemblies are really dynamic...the school arranged for a gold medalist from the Men's Olympic Volleyball Team to come and speak to the kids about following their dreams & goals, and he allowed the children to hold his Olympic gold medal! Could go on and on. Amazing school. Ellen Fine, the Principal, is an amazing person, professionally and personally. The teachers are all about the kids and providing them the best education. The students' API scores are WAY above average. We feel very blessed to be part of the LNES family.

What a great school in a wonderful neighborhood. Mrs. Fine and her staff and faculty are very professional, caring, and active members of the community. Image a morning TV show produced by 5th graders. How good is that. Keep up the good work.

My daughter went to this school K-6 and my son currently is in 3rd grade. We love this community school, the teacher's and Mrs. FIne knows every child. The PTA always put the needs of the children as their top priority! A great school and my kids have the best of friends!

I am very pleased wih the education my son has received at LNES. The curriculum is differentiated to meet his needs. The staff has high expectations for every child and works hard to help each one achieve his/her goals. This school offers many after school programs which my son enjoys very much. I am happy with the progress my son has made at LNES.

We are very excited about our recent Gold Medal Rating from the OC Register for our school. The teachers, principal, parents, and students work together as a team to promote an excellent program. The PTA and LNES Foundation support and supplement the educational programs. I love volunteering in my children's classrooms. Their teachers make learning come alive! This is a great school and we love being a part of it!

Last modified Laguna Niguel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.