Laguna Niguel, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 15, 2014
We love Bergeson Elementary. Unfortunately, we have moved a lot and our children have had a hard time connecting and making friends at other schools. When we started at Bergeson 1 year ago, the teachers, office staff and principal are so friendly, helping and caring. It's refreshing and fabulous! I know that my children are under great supervision! At one of the old schools, there were always issues of bullying and children being mean to each other. We have had completely the opposite feeling at BERGESON. It starts at the top. The principal deals with behavior issues quickly, efficiently and always informs parents right away. I'm so impressed with this and I'm sure it's one of the reasons, along with great teachers, that children are so respectful of each other. We are thrilled to have landed in this great neighborhood school!!

Marian Bergeson Elementary School 2

Posted June 09, 2014
I was excited about this school when we first moved into the district, however shortly after realizing how the school operates I was quickly disappointed. Our experience has been okay but not great. The teachers have been very hit and miss and the principal only works on issues with certain parents. She acts like she is concerned, but the follow up never happens. We are busy working parents so it's possible that since we can't donate a lot, or do volunteering we are not a priority. The office staff is EXTREMELY rude and when you walk in to the office, they don't even acknowledge that you are there, they just keep staring at the computers like you don't exist. Each time I go into the office I have to say, "HELLO!!!" or they will not help me! It's so frustrating and I dread when I need to pick my child up early or have a question or concern. There are a FEW excellent teachers there but for the most part this school is just okay. If you are a parent volunteer and have tons of money to donate it's likely that you will get the teachers you request and any help and follow up requested. It's unfortunate. We have a 3 yr. old that we plan on sending to a different school.

Posted April 25, 2014
I transferred my son into this school and am so happy with my decision. The school has A LOT of community and parent support without being in your face about it (I was put off my another nearby school regarding this). I visited 3 schools, including my home school, and Bergeson was our first choice school. It has great teachers, supportive admin and great parents. The school also is able to have several programs funded by parent and community donations - science lab, music for the lower grades, teacher aides, AR program, and more. I am also a working parent and rely heavily upon the Y at this school site. I made sure to not only visit the schools I was interested in but also the Y programs. Again, Bergeson's Y program came out on top IMO. Regarding the Mandarin Immersion Program. I haven't seen or experienced any seclusion problems. We have chosen the traditional route for our kids and I am proud our school hosts the MIP. I think it's a fantastic program even though we went the traditional route. CUSD has many successful Spanish Immersion schools and given the track record, I do believe Bergeson will be able to serve both MIP and traditional students well.

Marian Bergeson Elementary School 2

Posted April 02, 2014
After being at this school for 5 years I feel the Mandarin Immersion program has divided the school and will be looking for a different school for my younger daughter. The teachers and principal are amazing and have all been at the school for many years. It is going to be heartbreaking when the teachers lose their positions as the Immersion program is pretty much taking over the school

Posted March 04, 2014
We recently moved to Laguna Niguel and are new to Bergeson. My son attended an excellent private Christian school before moving here and we were very hesitant on sending him to the local public school. I'm so thankful that we decided on Bergeson. It has been a wonderful transition. Bergeson strives for excellence. Bergeson families are so kind, friendly, caring and very outgoing. We adore our sons kindergarten teacher. I highly recommend this wonderful school.

Posted February 25, 2014
My child is in the Mandarin Immersion Program at Marian Bergeson and I am thrilled with the program. The teachers, admin, as well as PTA do an incredible job and I couldn't be happier about the education that my child is getting. We feel lucky to be here.

Posted February 24, 2014
I have children in the Mandarin Immersion Program and am very happy with their education. I am impressed with how quickly they are learning the language. The teachers are great and the parents are very involved. Because this is a school of choice program, every family that is in the Mandarin program is choosing to be there and wants to make the program successful. I just wish that this and all schools in Capo had better funding.

Posted February 24, 2014
Great school! My daught rs are attending this school, and we really love it. We had a issue at the beginning of a kindergarten with placing the kids with second language in one class , but in the end we became great friends. We really love it!

Posted September 26, 2013
Marian Bergeson Elementary School is an awesome elementary school, with fantastic teachers & Principal, great parent participation, and wonderful kids!

Posted May 01, 2013
In Fall 2012, the Mandarin Immersion Program (http://www.friendsofmip.com) started at Bergeson. We took the leap, had our child enter the program, and are very happy with it. The level of commitment of the teachers, principal, and parents is outstanding. It is a lot of effort to initiate something like this -- but there is a real sense of shared commitment and involvement. Everyone including partner programs by the YMCA and others have been very supportive of the program and the children. It is unfortunate that the apparent quality of this school is not reflected in some aspects of the external appearance (which might deter some from considering this school). However, our experience with the people of Bergeson has been outstanding.

Marian Bergeson Elementary School
25302 Rancho Niguel Road, Laguna Niguel, CA  92677
Last modified Marian Bergeson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marian Bergeson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top