Laguna Niguel, CA

Posted August 30, 2015
We love Crown Valley Elementary! Mrs. Parr has gone above and beyond to help our child learn and achieve and we are so thankful to her for that. There is a great group of parents at this school and we have made some great friends there! I don't have anything bad to say. Great school.

Posted August 30, 2015
There is a lot to love about this school. We are starting our second year here after moving into the neighborhood last summer. The environment at this school is very inclusive, and the children are emphatic and caring . I have found the teachers at CVE to be excellent. Academics are stressed, and it is apparent that they love teaching. The principal is very receptive and always willing to listen. The gardens and trees in the courtyard are beautiful, I can't think of another school in the area with as much green. This school is a gem!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 30, 2015
The teachers at crown valley love making a difference. I have been very impressed with all the teachers at cve.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 30, 2015
The students at crown valley aren't interested in being popular, they are caring a respectful towards their peers and teachers.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 30, 2015
This school develops empathic and compassionate children by integrating the special needs and general population.

Posted August 29, 2015
Crown Valley Elementary is a great school. The principal, staff and teachers are warm, caring, and fun. Our principal Mrs Parr has gone above and beyond in helping to make sure my child's needs are being met. She had some pretty big shoes to fill when our old principal was assigned to a new school, and I think she has done a fantastic job. We have the most tight knit community that is eager to help and a PTA that does so much for our children. When my child was first ready to embark in school I thought private school was the way to go, I am so so glad we gave Crown Valley a try, my child is in the top of the class, and loves being a student there!

Crown Valley Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2015
We left CVES and we're just sorry we didn't leave sooner! What prompts my review today is that a emails were exchanged about the closure of the school. My first reaction was NOT SURPRISED! The previous comment is something that my husband I would of wrote ourselves all except for our kids being bullied. ALL SO VERY TRUE especially about the little Clickey Club oops I mean the PTA parents. They are worthless and now scrambling to try to get parents involved. They never wanted other parents involved before and now they reach out. Too bad and too sad!!! As far as the principal Mrs. Parr she had huge shoes to fill but she didn't and doesn't know how to be a confident, motivated and a strong role model for the kids. Instead she let the PTA run the show while she sat in the shadows. My husband I had to sit down with her regarding some teacher issues. She failed to take care of the problem so we contacted the District directly because she was useless. If you think about it .... A school closing in Laguna Niguel... WHAT??? That itself says ALOT!!! !!!!!!

Crown Valley Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2015
We have decided to leave CVES, this school back in the day used to be the best in the area. Now it is the worst school. Every year many families leave due to problems with teachers or other parents. The new principle is terrible, she acts like the school is a military school and thinks she is a drill Sargent. All the good teachers keep leaving either to retire or transfer to another school. The PTA basically runs the school, their kids get special treatment which isn't fair for the rest of the kids. They cheat at raffles and any contests. At the carnivals the PTA parents get tons of tickets and fill the boxes with their own. They win everything and don't give others a chance. My kids were also bullied to the point where they would cry every morning and didn't want to go to school. I had conferences with the teacher and principle and all they could say is that if it didn't occur in front of them then there's nothing they can do. Last but not least, the majority of the students are special education and they are mixed in with regular classes and the teachers don't know how to manage the class this way. If you value your child's education you will take them else where.

Posted May 19, 2015
Don't judge a book by it's cover......Crown Valley may be older and in need of some paint but don't judge a book by its cover. From science, to art ,to music -Crown Valley has some amazing programs! The school garden is a must see. The new principal, Mrs. Parr, has done a great job thus far....Looking forward to next year!

Posted April 01, 2015
We have been attending Crown Valley for 7 years. My oldest started in Preschool and now my youngest is in preschool. I wouldn't want my kids to go anywhere else! The staff is friendly the teachers are awesome and the parents are willing and helpful. The new Principal, Mrs. Parr is doing a wonderful job. She had some BIG shoes to fill and has been great. We are a neighborhood school. Small, friendly, involved and invested in our children. Could use some updating but that comes from the district. Not Crown Valley's fault. The garden is amazing and the children just put on the MOST AMAZING talent show I have ever seen. I love our diamond in the rough.

29292 Crown Valley Parkway, Laguna Niguel, CA  92677
Last modified Crown Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crown Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top