Laguna Niguel, CA

Posted April 01, 2015
We have been attending Crown Valley for 7 years. My oldest started in Preschool and now my youngest is in preschool. I wouldn't want my kids to go anywhere else! The staff is friendly the teachers are awesome and the parents are willing and helpful. The new Principal, Mrs. Parr is doing a wonderful job. She had some BIG shoes to fill and has been great. We are a neighborhood school. Small, friendly, involved and invested in our children. Could use some updating but that comes from the district. Not Crown Valley's fault. The garden is amazing and the children just put on the MOST AMAZING talent show I have ever seen. I love our diamond in the rough.

Posted March 24, 2015
My kids love the school and the new principal Mrs Parr. They say she is really friendly and nice. Our 4th grade teacher is prepared and calm. The instruction is clear and the homework is right on point with the lessons. The school could use some updating but the bones are good and the garden is a wonderful asset. The children just put on the most wonderful talent show I have ever seen. The community was excited and to see all the kids on the stage singing and dancing on stage at the end of the show was perfect. You could really feel their joy.

Crown Valley Elementary School 2

Posted November 15, 2014
My kids really miss Mr. Bogle. This school needs more innovative and enthusiastic teachers. There are many parent volunteers; but untrained and unskilled parents should not do teachers' jobs for them. The volunteer parents' kids get special treatment. Also, I'd like to respond to an earlier post regarding last year's first grade class. You are right--that class was mayhem. There was not enough support for the teacher. That stated, the teacher (though well-intentioned) was rather distracted by major life events last year. Actually, the sub was way better at handling the students and delivering instruction. I helped a bit in that class, too. It's short-sighted to blame parents for behavior issues exclusively. If I was six years old and made to sit still for over 2 1/2 hours doing ridiculous work sheets I'd be bouncing off the walls, too. Though it is sometimes the parents' fault, there are plenty of really dedicated and vigilant parents whose children's problems are not a result of bad parenting alone, but of biological, developmental, environmental, and societal factors.

Crown Valley Elementary School 4

Posted November 12, 2014
Obviously one woman's trash is another woman's treasure! The charm of the school is one of the things I love most about Crown Valley! My children would never look at our school and think it's a dump because I have taught them to see beauty in old and new things. What's more important is that both of my children have had an amazing experience at Crown Valley. The teachers are incredible and the parents are friendly and very helpful. The sense of community at this school has carried on to my oldest child's experience in middle school. I am so grateful I didn't listen to the negative comments about Crown Valley Elementary school or my children and I would have missed out on meeting some incredible people!

Crown Valley Elementary School 1

Posted November 11, 2014
This school is a dump!!! I sent my child to the first day & never returned. I feel sorry for the person that wrote "The campus is as if it jumped out of a childhood children s book". What type of childhood books are you reading? It is depressing walking on the campus. This is probably the worst elementary school in LN from an facilities standpoint. There playground is a huge asphalt jungle & don't even get me started on the 1950's classrooms. I didn't even want to step foot on the play field from fear of twisting my ankle in a gopher hole. There TK & Kindergarten is a joke, (1) teacher w/ NO HELP trying to teach fundamentals to (30) 5-6 year old's. All the other schools in the area have TA's. I could go on & on, but I wont.

Posted April 02, 2014
CVES encompasses everything a young child should experience in early education. My child has been going there since Kindergarten and I have yet to find fault. The campus is as if it jumped out of a childhood children s book. The staff is so friendly and a day has not gone by without a gracious greeting from anyone who passes by. The Principal, who knows almost every child by name, stands in front of the school every morning to greet the children as they come onto the school grounds. He then does Flag salute outside with all the children of all grades and follows with a joyful speech on upcoming events, kids birthdays and special awards. And with all the children listening, there are so many parents there supporting the children. My child is in first grade and was fortunate enough to get one of the most amazing teachers I have ever met. She doesn t believe in negativity and disciplines the children with such an amazing positive approach that the children truly respond to. I am so truly appreciative of what CVES has done to help my child grow into a happy and educated small adult and sincerely believe that this school is a wonderful example of what education should exemplify.

Crown Valley Elementary School 3

Posted March 27, 2014
I like Crown Valley and I like the principal! I'm frustrated and thinking about changing schools for next fall. My daughters 1st grade class this year has many challenging factors. 30+ students, learning curves for a lot of the children, children not focusing and having emotional outbursts which effects everyone in the classroom!!!! I volunteer to support my child and this gives me the chance to see how the class overall is doing. Thankfully my child has learned to adapt much like many of the kids have had too. My child is bored and tends to draw elaborate pictures on the back of her work because she is waiting for the teacher to help others that are either not listening and just simply don't understand the assignment that they are working on. The teacher can only do so much!!! MY consensus is it's not the school or the teacher but the lack of parenting for these kids. The kids that do listen and are eager to learn are not being challenged because of the disruptive and troubled children that take a lot of the teachers attention. I will continue to volunteer because the teacher deserves the support and especially the young children but it needs to start at home!!

Crown Valley Elementary School 2

Posted January 05, 2014
This school used to have a great kindergarten teacher with Mrs. Seftel but unfortunately for the students but great for her she is no longer at this school. The new teacher does not seem to teach the kids rather hand homework out and let the parents do the teaching. My son has gone backwards since entering in to this class. On a high note for the school is the principal he knows everyone and takes time to greet the kids each morning and say goodbye at the end of each day.

Posted August 26, 2013
Crown Valley Elementary School is a breath of fresh air. It has the feel of a small town school, the parents are wonderful and the staff is so knowledgable! I feel so fortunate that my children attend this school, it's the best!

Posted August 26, 2013
Crown Valley truly is one of a kind. Mr. Bogle is a wonderful principal, who knows every child and their family. We have a beautiful campus with gardens where the children learn to cultivate various fruits and vegetables, an energetic PTA where the parents spend countless hours working for the students and teachers, loads of new programs for the entire school including a stand alone science laboratory. The science lab has monthly instruction for all K-5 students, with lab equipment available to all teachers at the school and a brand new Panasonic Interactive White Board which was donated by a former scholars family.

Crown Valley Elementary School
29292 Crown Valley Parkway, Laguna Niguel, CA  92677
Last modified Crown Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crown Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top