Bad
Good

Hidden Hills has truly embraced our son who is a first year student staring in 2nd grade. His teacher goes above and beyond to support his learning and the administration and principal are extremely supportive. This school has a great technology focus and allows children to work in a positive and nurturing environment. Our family is very pleased with this school after years at a private Montessori school, our son is still able to exercise hands on learning.

We could not be happier to be living in an area that has such a great school on its doorstep. The teachers know their stuff and most importantly, are incredibly approachable. The newer changes have been positive and have allowed for a greater range of child to excel. We will be sad have our eldest moving on next year but so pleased to have a school of this quality and caliber in our neighborhood.

I have been a parent at Hidden Hills for the last 5 years and all my kids have attended starting in kindergarten. The teachers at Hidden Hills are highly skilled and I have been impressed with their differentiation for all skill levels in the classroom. My oldest child qualifies for GATE and is challenged at her ability while other kids in her classroom who are working on different skills are challenged at their level. The principal, Pam Sawyer, gets things done! I have been impressed with the amount of time she spends to incorporate feedback from parents. For example, last year she started trimester awards to recognize academic and character success for students. This year, the staff has taken it further with a scholar of the month program for students demonstrating scholarly traits like being prepared, reading, and asking good questions. Students at Hidden Hills also have great access to technology including laptops for every child in grades 3 to 5, as well as laptop and ipod carts for lower grades and the computer lab for grades K - 2. Finally, I appreciate attending a neighborhood school where my kids run into their classmates when we go to the park or for a walk. I would recommend HH to any parent looking for a supportive community with excellent teachers and staff.

This is by far the worst school I have ever experienced. My son came from a prep school before we moved up to Laguna and was in accelerated classes. His teacher has been very wonderful but the Principle is horrible. My son has missed a total of 3 days (non consecutive) due to illness, and instead of contacting me directly, they send me a letter from the district attorneys office about his THREE absences (which were authorized). I am beyond furious at how the school blindsided me with this whole situation. Another HUGE issue is school safety. There are random people walking in and out all hours of the day while school is in session. There are no gates and parents/guests etc do not have to check in with the office, they just walk on campus and cruise around. I am highly concerned that someone could come snatch a child due to the lack of on campus security. There have also been multiple school lock downs because of random people making bomb threats and being on school grounds unauthorized. I am pulling my child out of this school after this year and moving him to another school in the district.

Excellent staff. Excellent leadership. Both of our kids went to HH, and we were pleased and impressed with just about every experience they had. The extra curricular programs are especially well run, and the kids seemed to benefit greatly.

I'm very disappointed with this school. They teach below standards, they do not challenge their students and they reward students for silly little reasons, instead of, awarding them for their academic progress. It's truly disheartening to see the same students get the same awards for "cleaning the campus or doing some sort of good" which is great to do, BUT, whatever happened to recognizing them for their academic efforts too! Good students shouldn't have to pay for children who do not excel because of the lack of parenting they receive at home. It's not fair!

We attended Hidden Hills K-3 and I transfered to a " 9 " school thinking I was missing out on something here, and My daughter had a lot more friends at a near by school as well so I thought it was the right choice. Boy was I wrong. The attention and time put into her education by the amazing staff here is not reflected in their test scores. When I look back at the quality of teachers I was blessed have help me raise my daughter I feel sad that I removed her from this school. I credit each of them for having a big hand in raising her into a smart capable and productive student. Not to mention all the lessons in life and examples of character she experienced. We truly miss our teachers here. With nearly 3X's the pupils at the new school my child is lost in the shuffle and the small town, everyone knows you feeling, that is a thing of the past.

My kids where in this school for 3 years. My son was having issues learning and the teacher and principal did everything they could to help him and made him feel cared. I will always be grateful with them and everybody in the school. Sadly I do have to move them to another school do to job but I truly recommend this school.

Both of our girls attend Hidden Hills and love it. The teachers are truly incredible in their commitment to give the students the best well rounded education experience possible given the many budget constraints. The schools' PTA is comprised of the most dedicated to fund everything from field trips, art masters program, books, balls, science fair, and even the Librarian's pay.

My kids attended this school for 7 months before we did everything in our power to move out of the district. As the previous reviewer said, the teachers and staff are fine, it's the principal who is totally incompetent. We had an issue of bullying going on and went through all the appropriate steps to have it taken care of but the principal would not take the actions she should have. It finally took me going to the super and threatening to go to the media, as well as another parent threatening to sue before the bully was dealt with.

Last modified Hidden Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.