Lake Arrowhead, CA

Posted January 29, 2015
kids get bullied and the staff does not pay attention to keep them safe, the teacher i questioned about the issue after my child came home with broken glasses, told me if i could do better to get a job there and then challenged me to a fight, wow. After reporting to the officials at the school and the district, still nothing has been done. my daughter came home with a failing grade from him on top of this after being a honor student all her school life, the staff should have corrected all theses issues but after going further then I ever had to get a response I finally got her moved and her grades are back where they should be, it was a big concern an even more of a concern to see a 6th grader bringing homework from Mr S. that was a 2nd grade level , she was asked to do the alphabet and draw a picture of each word (b was a Ball) , then another project in math of simple addition, my student is far above this and again after the move , now were getting the correct work for her to approve upon. I do want to thank the few that helped with this move and took concern for my kid, again far an few at this school.

Mary P. Henck Intermediate School 5

Posted July 25, 2014
We have had 4 children attend MPH. As our first child attended we quickly learned the negativity we had heard was not true. Our oldest was not a strong student and the MPH staff took great care of him and kept us well informed. After all four have now left MPH we highly recommend this school and staff. We found the atmosphere to be positive and caring. We also feel they did a good job challenging our children appropriately and at least one of our four took what she was introduced to in 7th grade science and has gone onto a very high ranking college to work towards her doctorate in that field, and we attribute that to her being challenged and well taken care of by her MPH science teacher.

Posted March 23, 2014
I had 2 children attend MPH - both felt it was the worst experience. Several teachers were rude & uncaring. Assignments were worksheets that were copied from copies so many times that park of the problems were completely off the page or words were completely unreadable. Favoritism was terrible, bullying, racism & harassment were swept under the carpet time after time. Teachers must be held accountable for their classrooms. The principal & VP must oversee the quality of work & assignments. 3 times in the past month I have had to send graded assignments back to school because the teacher did not update Aeries correctly. Teachers need to stay on top of the Aeries update. That is a tool parents use to monitor childrens work but when it is not updated or is incorrect, what help is that? One teacher asked one child if he was taking any medication (out loud for the entire calls to hear) and then asked if he needed a refill. Unprofessional & unacceptable.

Posted March 16, 2011
One word for the coffe drinking, chatting, no-working, non-job doing, drama atmosphere of this JOKE of a school.... I will give you a ZERO!!!! A big FAT zero.. Do NOT bring your kids here if your children care about school and grades and a future... no one up on this mountain seems to give a hoot about anything but gossip... and focusing on the kids that cause trouble. JOKE... that's what this place is a JOKE! BEWARE!

Posted January 24, 2011
I would like to point out the positives first: The teachers seem caring and even stay after school to offer tutoring. My son is happy here for the most part because of his friends and some teachers. The principal seems dedicated to making sure the school and student body are performing at their best and the PTA is working hard to help with fundraising issues. I should mention that automatic calls are always sent out when important information needs to get to parents and parents can check their child's grades online. The only negative thing about this school is that a small number of teachers and staff seem too busy to answer emails or phone calls. I think parents should receive responses when they try to communicate with school personnel. My son's grades are not great, but we've figured out that he just doesn't WANT to do the work and needs to pushed harder by us when it comes to homework and classroom behavior.

Posted December 14, 2009
MPH continues its downward trend. The principal doesn't seem to worry about the falling test scores and the teachers seem a bit demoralized. After having one child go through MPH we have decided to move next year rather than have child #2 go here. The area is lovely but I'm afraid that the administration can't or won't improve.

Posted November 04, 2009
MPH is a great school, but it is really tough for both the kids and the school staff. Kids from all the elementary schools merge into this school and now have several classes to attend. It is a huge adjustment for the kids. There are a lot of conflicts and struggles. Kids are trying to figure out where they fit it. The school is always on top of it and notifies the parents regularly. They are doing a great job in what are a very difficult two years.

Mary P. Henck Intermediate School 2

Posted March 21, 2006
The counseling system is terrible, and the entire staff in disunity. Some great teachers, but have to work with an adversarial administration. Dress codes are not enforced.

Mary P. Henck Intermediate School

Posted March 10, 2006
my son was diagnosed with adhd/Bi-polar and in 7th grade of 2004,he had 2 wonderful teachers who were very loving,caring and understanding towards my son.I am sending my regards to say thankyou very much for helping him out.you stood behind us,in getting him into the right classes that he needed,to help him succeed,the update is ,he has done remarkably well now in 9th grade.we know one of you went back to grandview elementary school,and wish you the very best'. Thank you again Thankyou for being a great Teacher! it will be something my son will never forget and carry with him, the knowledge you have taught him through out his years.

Posted September 26, 2005
mph is great but has a lot of rudeness and it has practically no extra curricular activities

Mary P. Henck Intermediate School
730 Rhine Road, Lake Arrowhead, CA  92352
Last modified Mary P. Henck Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary P. Henck Intermediate School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top