Posted September 14, 2014
I came to BCCHS for about 5 weeks and since day one i liked it the staff is great the SAS program and honors is excellent. I was shown love by all my teachers they were amazing. Right now i am attending NAHS but wanting to go back to BCCHS because the students there have manners and the cafeteria serves REAL food unlike regular LAUSD schools with the nasty packaged food. I do recommend this school because learning is fun here and tike goes by fast. Students arent loadrd with homework which allows them to have some stress free, free time, whether joining a sport or doing something else at home. The teachers are fun to be around. Trust me you will bot regret coming to BCCHS.

Posted September 10, 2013
I attend Birmingham and it is the best school in the world it is a ten out of ten. It has amazing sports and teachers to coach and the teachers goal is for you to learn. I recommend going to this school if you are not in it all ready :)

Birmingham Community Charter High School 3

Posted July 19, 2013
I attend Birmingham as a Sophomore. From what I have noticed, this is a decent school. There are many teachers who I had last year though, that constantly complained about not wanting to be in the classroom. This is your job! If you don't enjoy it why are you here? At the very least, keep your complaints to yourself! These are SAS teachers I might add. There is a lot of variety in activities and clubs and classes. One drawback is that the school is very very unorganized. Schedules are always changing and lunch is always a mess. Summer of this year, I was to go to summer school for a college class. Never got the paperwork for it, so I didn't think I was enrolled. Come the first day I get a call from a friend saying I'm on the roster. Call the school, and they tell my mother that I MUST be lying and hiding the paperwork. Until finally, after much arguing, I got in. The bell schedule got changed in the last 3 weeks of school. Bad organization, but overall very safe and a decent environment. The new principal (Bill Parks) is very helpful and always out at lunch with the students. Not the best school, but not nearly as ghetto and terrible as everyone seems to think.

Birmingham Community Charter High School 4

Posted May 20, 2013
Most of the other reviews say "oh this school this this school that" but this school is a really good school the SAS program is amazing yet challenging. I'd suggest to take your son/daughter to this school its really great.

Posted May 14, 2013
My child went to this school for about 3 weeks, and she came home crying due to being bullied by several boys and apparently a teacher. I went to the principal and complained about this and he refused to do anything and told my daughter to "suck it up". Please don't send your children to this godawful school. I gave my daughter the choice of either Colfax, North Hollywood High, or Burbank. She went to NH, and she's been going for about 7 weeks now with no problems and a B average.

Birmingham Community Charter High School 3

Posted February 18, 2013
I would suggest unless this new principal cleans it up there, I would suggest a different school if possible. But there sports teams and coaches are great. Every time I have contacted staff and been on campus, most everyone is courteous, helpful and friendly. If your child does attend here, just be diligent on knowing what they are working on in their classes. Some teachers have the huge task of trying to accommodate all levels such that some assignments can seem a bit elementary. They have a new online system which should help wonders with staying connected to what is going on.

Posted February 03, 2012
Esta escuela es una basura esta llena de drogras y los consejeros no administradores hacen nada al respecto, no hay control no ense an nada, ahora mi hija esta en mejor escuela Granada Hills Charter HS

Posted December 23, 2011
Who wrote that about an SAS program?? My child attends and there is NO SAS program at this school. It's looks like we made a mistake choosing this school. The young arrogant assisatant principal has been rude to me and my wife and trying to get a hold of him is impossible. Who hired him?? My child will likely stay because he plays football there, but my other child will not attend this school.

Posted September 10, 2011
I'm attending Birmingham and and i have to say its oustanding. It has an amazing SAS program for those who like to challenge themselves and wanting to go far. Its as well has amazing teacher who not just teach you whats to be told but thet teach in a creating way for you never forget what is told to you. If you are looking for a high school for you child think of going to Birmingham. I'm sure they will love it as much as I do.

Posted November 15, 2010
birmingham hight school is a great school the teachers are great and really care the programs you can get here are like no other once you get in to something your in to it the choir is amzing and the choir and drama teacher are great i want my kids to come to this school

Birmingham Community Charter High School
17000 Haynes Street, Lake Balboa, CA  91406
Last modified Birmingham Community Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Birmingham Community Charter High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews.