Lake Elsinore, CA

Posted March 19, 2014
They allow volunteers to bully children. My 8 year old son has been harassed and physically attacked by another boy multiple times. The boys mother, an obese slob, volunteers at the school and continues to bully my son and slander my family while on campus. The principal has been aware of this situation for months and it still continues. It has gotten to the point that I have contacted an attorney.

Cottonwood Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted July 29, 2013
MR BRANSTETTER THE KINDER TEACHER IS AWESOME MY DAUGHTER IS GOING INTO THIRD GRADE NOW AND STILL GOES TO VISIT HIM. HE IS A GREAT TEACH AND MAKES LEARNING A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR THE CHILDREN

Cottonwood Canyon Elementary School 3

Posted April 25, 2013
To the reviewer from April 25th...it's PRINCIPAL, not "pricipal". Maybe you can sit in during your child's spelling lesson!

Posted April 25, 2013
I have had great success with communications with the staff, pricipal and teachers. If you have to really commit yourself and try to get involved so that you will be able to also help the situation. The ones that seem to be complaining probably don't even help out. I have seen some nasty parents and kids flying off the handle over very silly situations. Sometimes 1 pricipal can only do so much. I highly doubt any of you that were in charge of 900+ kids could juggle as well as our pricipal does. Funny people mention taking things to the district - they won't give us more fudning to help solve a few of these problems people are having. If you want better parking, go to the district, the county and then the state. That is nothing the pricipal can do. I will say that most of the teachers are amazing and truly love their job. There are a few that have probably been burnt out. We all have bad days. No school is 100% perfect. CCE tries their very best and for that I commend them! As for most of the parents, it would be nice to see more get involved. People work, but there are other ways to help. Get involved and I promise you, you will see results and get to know others.

Cottonwood Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted March 06, 2013
My daughter is in first grade and has a wonderful teacher! Her reading scores were below average at the start of the school year but she is now reading above average and is continuing to learn at a higher rate than I was experiencing in a private school for preschool and kindergarten. I am really impressed with the teacher. There was an incident that happened on the playground that really concerned me, and I contacted the Principal, who was really responsive and solved the problem immediately, he is really active and involved with the kids. My daughter loves him! The only reason I reduced the stars to 4 is because the front office staff leaves something to be desired, they are not very helpful and often I and other parents will stand at the counter for long periods of the time before even being greeted by them.

Posted March 03, 2013
Can someone please give me the low down of the 1st grade teachers? I'm trying to decide which one will be right for my daughter. Thank you so much!

Cottonwood Canyon Elementary School 3

Posted January 05, 2013
I was told my daughter would be in special reading classes. Found out months later she wasn't. Then told new reading teacher came and she would be placed in there. I asked Mr. Wood to check and see and let me know and Monica to let me know. It's been 30 days and non one has bothered to update me. There is a lot of communication gaps with this school....and following through.

Posted January 04, 2013
This school could be good, if it wasn't for the laying principal and some of the so called teachers. whom shouldn't be aloud to be near a school nevertheless teaching.

Posted March 14, 2012
Disappointed....This school has a few outstanding teachers and aids that are absolutely wonderful however the support from the principal is not there! The principal is very good about promising and figuring out ways to help situations EXCEPT he never commits. There are excuses or I have been told flat out lies. The staff is scared to tell the parents what is going on with the students and the principal wants to hush hush situations from the district. Thats where the promises that are never fulfilled come in. Please just keep in mind if you have a student that attends this school to make sure you truly know what's going on not what you are being told. Huge difference and scary once I found out from other parents and started paying closer attention is when I pulled my children out. Looking at the school from the outside it looks great and thats the principals goal.

Posted February 06, 2012
I have three children; first, second and third grade. We just moved to this school at the beginning of the school year. My children and I are very pleases and absolutely love it here. My oldest son, since he was in preschool always had problems in school and was always getting in trouble and getting suspended. I never knew there were aby problems till after the fact. Here at Cottonwood the teachers and principal are very involved with the children and the parents. Of there is anything going on with my kids, good or bad, I usally find out before they even get out of school. They communicate very well with me in all areas of their schooling. The school is constantly doing thing for the kids and the school. From family movie nights, family bingo, cold stone ice cream sales every week, harvest carnivals and many other things to get the families involved. Also the principal is right there in every little thing the kids do. Encouraging them and making everything fun and exciting. You will hardly ever see him in his office, but rather out on the play ground or in the classrooms with the kids. This school has been the best experiences my kids and I have ever had. We all love Cottonwood.

Cottonwood Canyon Elementary School
32100 Lost Road, Lake Elsinore, CA  92532
Last modified Cottonwood Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cottonwood Canyon Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 75 reviews. Top