Bad
Good

Temescal Canyon High School 2

Posted December 25, 2015
I thought this school was alright, until I got to college. I then realized that most of the other students where I was had had much better opportunities. By this, I mean that they had better advanced classes. They also had the opportunity to take AP courses not offered here. Here at Temescal, many AP courses did not prepare me for the AP exams. There are of course exceptions of great teachers who prepared me well. However, many students simply took AP classes for an easy weighted grade. There were instances where one teacher would be significantly easier than the other for the same course. Several AP courses were no harder than the regular class. On the positive, the IB program seems to be getting better. Many of the freshman when I was a senior seemed to be very intelligent and hardworking students. This school is not perfect in many aspects, but I believe it will get better with time. Students who want the best possible education right now are better off going to a school in Corona, Murrieta, or Temecula.

Posted September 29, 2014
Bad timing of reporting incidents to parents. Like the threat of the shooting they report it to us we kids were at school and the had information about it since Saturday. I learn form the news first.

Posted June 28, 2014
This school is HORRIBLE. I am a Junior at Temescal Canyon. For my freshman, and half of sophomore year I was a student at a high school in Temecula. I absolutely loved it. I then moved, and began attending Temescal. I had high hopes, but then realized this school is terrible. The staff at the school, and staff in the district office are absolutely rude. They are so vague with the information they give you, and are very unoragized. Ive noticed all the students at Temescal get away with a LOT. Examples would be little to no homework, and practically just given a grade, its never earned. The teachers definitely do not teach as much, or as well as the teachers in Temecula. The counselors do little to help, and never take anything seriously and are absolutely rude. Not to mention, many of the students are rude and stuck up, probably the result of getting away with anything and everything at this school. I do NOT recommend anyone to attend, or even work at Temescal Canyon High School.

Temescal Canyon High School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
My school is Temescal Canyon High school, the school is great and trying to make students improve by many ways like AVID is a great program/class that teaches students to know more about college's and how important it is. AVID helps to keep your grades up,binder check helps to be organize and AVID helps you study for the SAT and ACT test to get a perfect score.

Posted September 08, 2013
The worst un careing awful teachers . Especially in the AP classes. Those AP teachers should be ashamed. Awful counselor. My kid got called to office for her first bad grade in her life in a AP class because of a awful AP teacher and was questioned as to rather her parents were gun owners. Yea , and then children's ser vices were called the kid kid thought we may be. She was not sure.

Posted August 18, 2013
TCHS is by far the worst school I've ever attended. It is filled with rude kids, those who think are extremely "cool", don't plan on going to college, and are overall not driven. They live in Canyon Hills so they believe theyre "rich". When honestly they're kidding themselves because Lake Elsinore and its surrounding areas are incredibly cheap. An appartment in LA is more than what a house is for rent in Canyon Hills The school is socially awkward and very uptight. It's really sad. Most of these kids will still be living with their parents and wont want to move out. This school is not for those who want to achieve greatness and get accepted into a college. The staff is rude, teachers are nice but not great, they dont push you academically they just want to be your friend. And above all the kids here are terrible. Never in my life have i seen such a group. Refrain from attending Temescal Canyon High School at all costs.

Temescal Canyon High School 5

Posted June 19, 2011
My daughter just graduated and loved it! They were very helpful. She had alot of fun and alot of friends. Most of the teachers were great. Principle is very helpful. My son is going to be a freshman this fall. Looking forward to it!

Temescal Canyon High School 5

Posted May 27, 2009
For the most part all of the teachers and staff really care about the kids. Very happy with this schooll

Temescal Canyon High School

Posted March 30, 2009
My daughter was in the first graduatin class of Lakeside, it was a horrible experience. My two younger were transferred to Temescal and we are much happier. The staff are much more helpful, not demeaning to kids and in my opinion truly care about the kids. The staff at Lakeside seem to hate their jobs and take it out on the kids. Temescal's great.

Temescal Canyon High School 4

Posted March 21, 2009
I graduated from TCHS in 2006 and I would loved every moment at that school. The teachers are excellent, great Ap program, sports are good, lots of extracurricular activities, etc. I would not say it is the perfect school nor do I understand what that is but I do know i received a solid education there. Doc Harris, Cari Strange, Christina Lofquist, the Williams, are some of the best teachers i have ever had. I am a student at UCLA and after hearing a lot about other districts, I realize how fortunate I am to receive a diploma from Temescal. TCHS is a great school especially when you take advantage of all there is to offer.

Temescal Canyon High School
28755 El Toro Road, Lake Elsinore, CA  92532-1912
Last modified Temescal Canyon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Temescal Canyon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top