Lake Elsinore, CA

Withrow Elementary School 2

Posted October 23, 2014
Very poor communication and a lot of attitude. After 4 1/2 years I pulled my kids out. There is a good handful of amazing teachers at this school, but its mainly full of tenure teachers with condescending attitudes to parents. Low parent involvement because they are unwelcome on campus. If you have a smaller child, don't even ask, you cannot go further than the quad. PTA is very unwelcoming also. Don't try to get involved in the school or your childrens education, because you will quickly be put in your place.

Withrow Elementary School 5

Posted October 22, 2012
Parents need to be parents. It isnot just the teacher's or the school that need to step it up, but the parents need to do their part also. Education starts at home and if a child doesnt learn at home, dont expect them to do any better at school. At this school the level of parental involvement has gone down, but yet the national and academic scores stay the same or go up slightly. Do the math.

Posted October 22, 2012
Ok this school really needs to step it up a bit when it comes to kids that need extra help in class! My son is totally lost in class and I feel so bad so I WILL go to the district or even further! ESL is a priority and my son isn't ?

Posted May 10, 2012
This school is full of bullies, teachers to parents, there is one parent that is always there harassing other parents to give her rides when you decline she will harass you, she has done this to many, even vandalizing one parents car! Staff did nothing, I assume because her child is considered special needs, the teachers are unwilling to work with kids that need one on one, you either learn as a group or too bad! And the school is made up of 65 percent English learners, I hope it has got better with the new principal I don't know we left prior to that, but be warned beware of a 5"0 220 lbs woman with a dwarf daughter she is NUTS and will stalk and threaten you if you decline to be her taxi I've seen her cause issues for the parents and staff , bulling needs to stop.

Posted January 14, 2012
I found the staff to be rude. Too many changes staf now phone numbers. Even just trying to pick your kids up after school is a terror the staff yell and scream 'move it move it' how do they talk to the kids?? Im sorry this school isnt what people make out to be.

Withrow Elementary School 3

Posted October 28, 2011
Although the school is attracting attention from meeting all of its goals with regard to the API scores, there is a high percentage of English Learners and socioeconomically disadvantaged students at this school, which has made it very difficult for my children to blend. The principal and teachers have been great, but there are not enough resources for the top-achievers because there is so much instruction for the mid- to lower-achieving students.

Withrow Elementary School 4

Posted June 03, 2011
My daughter just completed her first year here at Withrow. We were lucky to have been in the area for this school and not the other sub par local schools. The teachers have been amazing and the academics at this school are truly impressive. I am looking forward to the future when my other daughter will attend. My only complaint would be the rules regarding parent involvement. They are very strict about whom they let on campus, which is a good thing but frustrating for me since I wasn't allowed onto the campus because I have a toddler. Also, my daughter was in PM Kindergarten and they did not have any celebrations for Student of the Month, holiday celebrations, end of the year parties, or any type of graduation. That was a little disappointing. But overall I would have to say that the levels of teaching and education are more than what I could have expected.

Withrow Elementary School 5

Posted October 18, 2010
My Son has attended Withrow for 4 years & is in the 3rd Grade. His Homeroom Teachers have been fantastic! I've met many of his other Teachers as well as the Staff, and they've been wonderful also. The API for Withrow has continuously increased by a lot every year which shows how dedicated and involved the Teachers are with the Students and Parents and how committed they've been to Academics. I love everything about this School & have had nothing but great experiences! Keep up the Great work Withrow!

Withrow Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2009
I have two children that attend Withrow, one in Kindergarden & the other in 1st grade. They transferred from Butterfield in January. The office staff and teachers are great. My son (kinder) had a bit of a hard time learning at Butterfield. They couldn't keep his attention on track, but since his transfer he has been doing great! Thank you Withrow!!

Withrow Elementary School 0

Posted January 24, 2009
This too is my son's first year at Withrow. I transfered him from Machado, for his fifth grade. I love the principal and his teacher. The only problem with my son is he to has no friends. Nobody likes to play with him. He comes home upset most of the time. Saying kids are picking on him. I told him to be patience. Not all kids are going to like him. He now has maybe one friend. I told him that is all you need. Other than that , love the school....

Withrow Elementary School
30100 Audelo Street, Lake Elsinore, CA  92530
Last modified Withrow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Withrow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top