Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Reading all the comments below I have to say there are some things correct and some things I disagree with. My children are going on their third year at Withrow and I helped volunteer all the years except for the end of this year due to giving birth to my new baby. Which that I will say everyone is right about the school not letting young siblings on campus. Yes, it is a bit frustrating, but I do believe they can visit on Friday mornings for the flag salute and awards they do. As far as the school goes, I think it is a great school! Being there first hand I got to know teachers and see how they all taught. There was only one lady in the office who did make me feel unwelcome every single time just because of her, in lack of a better word; grouchiness. But thankfully she retired this year. Everyone is VERY friendly and VERY welcoming. The staff is all about parent involvement, they want you there! They want you helping out and helping your child. Why wouldn't you? As a parent, you're suppose to teach your child everyday. Not just drop them off for the day at school and expect the teacher to do all the work. NO that's NOT how it works. Get involved! The teacher can only do so much at the school and it's your job to continue at home. So I disagree with the person who said they're unwelcoming. With TK and Kinder, sadly no the school does not do a graduation ceremony and that is the only thing I do not like about the school :( If you talk with the teacher and other parents though, you CAN plan a little party in the class with snacks and stuff OR like we did this year was all get together at the park across the street afterwards to celebrate our "graduates" :) You can either make a cap (cardboard, fabric, hot glue gun and yarn for the tassel vwaa-la!) or purchase one at the dollar store. If you're excited, your child will be excited :) Anyway, I'd recommend this school anytime! I love it

Very poor communication and a lot of attitude. After 4 1/2 years I pulled my kids out. There is a good handful of amazing teachers at this school, but its mainly full of tenure teachers with condescending attitudes to parents. Low parent involvement because they are unwelcome on campus. If you have a smaller child, don't even ask, you cannot go further than the quad. PTA is very unwelcoming also. Don't try to get involved in the school or your childrens education, because you will quickly be put in your place.

Parents need to be parents. It isnot just the teacher's or the school that need to step it up, but the parents need to do their part also. Education starts at home and if a child doesnt learn at home, dont expect them to do any better at school. At this school the level of parental involvement has gone down, but yet the national and academic scores stay the same or go up slightly. Do the math.

Ok this school really needs to step it up a bit when it comes to kids that need extra help in class! My son is totally lost in class and I feel so bad so I WILL go to the district or even further! ESL is a priority and my son isn't ?

This school is full of bullies, teachers to parents, there is one parent that is always there harassing other parents to give her rides when you decline she will harass you, she has done this to many, even vandalizing one parents car! Staff did nothing, I assume because her child is considered special needs, the teachers are unwilling to work with kids that need one on one, you either learn as a group or too bad! And the school is made up of 65 percent English learners, I hope it has got better with the new principal I don't know we left prior to that, but be warned beware of a 5"0 220 lbs woman with a dwarf daughter she is NUTS and will stalk and threaten you if you decline to be her taxi I've seen her cause issues for the parents and staff , bulling needs to stop.

I found the staff to be rude. Too many changes staf now phone numbers. Even just trying to pick your kids up after school is a terror the staff yell and scream 'move it move it' how do they talk to the kids?? Im sorry this school isnt what people make out to be.

Although the school is attracting attention from meeting all of its goals with regard to the API scores, there is a high percentage of English Learners and socioeconomically disadvantaged students at this school, which has made it very difficult for my children to blend. The principal and teachers have been great, but there are not enough resources for the top-achievers because there is so much instruction for the mid- to lower-achieving students.

My daughter just completed her first year here at Withrow. We were lucky to have been in the area for this school and not the other sub par local schools. The teachers have been amazing and the academics at this school are truly impressive. I am looking forward to the future when my other daughter will attend. My only complaint would be the rules regarding parent involvement. They are very strict about whom they let on campus, which is a good thing but frustrating for me since I wasn't allowed onto the campus because I have a toddler. Also, my daughter was in PM Kindergarten and they did not have any celebrations for Student of the Month, holiday celebrations, end of the year parties, or any type of graduation. That was a little disappointing. But overall I would have to say that the levels of teaching and education are more than what I could have expected.

My Son has attended Withrow for 4 years & is in the 3rd Grade. His Homeroom Teachers have been fantastic! I've met many of his other Teachers as well as the Staff, and they've been wonderful also. The API for Withrow has continuously increased by a lot every year which shows how dedicated and involved the Teachers are with the Students and Parents and how committed they've been to Academics. I love everything about this School & have had nothing but great experiences! Keep up the Great work Withrow!

I have two children that attend Withrow, one in Kindergarden & the other in 1st grade. They transferred from Butterfield in January. The office staff and teachers are great. My son (kinder) had a bit of a hard time learning at Butterfield. They couldn't keep his attention on track, but since his transfer he has been doing great! Thank you Withrow!!

Last modified Withrow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.