Posted July 12, 2015
We’ve had our two children at MOTL for the past six years, and have been very happy with the entire experience. Our oldest just finished the eighth grade and our youngest, the fourth grade. They both love the school. The teachers are all very dedicated and fully engaged. The small class size allows a level of individual attention which is not possible in public schools. The depth and rigor of instruction in the middle school is on par with what I recall from the first and second years of my own high school level education. My older boy received after-school tutoring from his primary instructor, Ms. Sandy, to prepare him for the entrance exam and math placement exams at the private high school he will attend (Sage Hill), and this made all the difference in building up his mastery of the material (covering Algebra and Geometry) and his confidence in taking the tests. Besides the excellent academics, there is a wonderful breadth of emphasis on “enrichment” activities: art, music, theater, etc. The art and music programs are terrific, and the annual theater productions (in which ALL students participate) are amazing. The kids also enjoy lots of fun and educational field trips, and love the school’s scenic setting on the lake. The administrative staff is very friendly, professional, and easy to deal with. All in all, our kids have had a great experience at MOTL, and we believe the school provides excellent value for the tuition charged.

Posted April 24, 2015
My daughter is in Kinder at MOTL and I could not be happier with the amount of growth I have seen from her in such a short amount of time. She is ecstatic about school and learning in general. The kind and nurturing, yet firm teachers have molded her into a fine student. MOTL provides children an opportunity to learn in a self motivated, pressure free environment. The teachers foster a love of learning and provide the students with compassionate care and guidance. The school itself is unlike any other school I've visited. I love that my daughter's classroom (and most of the class rooms for that matter) sits right on the lake with beautiful lake views. The outdoor play spaces are very unusual and tranquil. The kids swing while overlooking the lake or play in shaded breezy wooden clubhouses. It's not state of the art or brand new but there is just something special about this location. My daughter is re-enrolled already for next year and we couldn't be happier about that decision.

Posted May 30, 2014
I loved that school. I went preschool thru 5th grade. I wish I was able to continue until 8th grade but my parents wanted me to go to public school.. if you have children that go to Montessori school, it will be a culture shock for them to transition to public school, especially one that gives a lot of homework and teaches very little in the actual class room. Montessori is one of the best schools in my opinion and the meathods of teaching are very effective. I rememer more things from montessori school than I do from any class I took later in life..

Montessori on the Lake School 2

Posted April 30, 2014
Pulled my 2 children out of this school today. Can't stand the school management anymore. Attended almost 4 years. Grade 1 to grade 4. Pros: Some very good teachers. Award 2 stars for the rating. Cons:Lower elementary Spanish is experiential only, boring and outdated teaching style.Had issues with granting bathroom breaks during Spanish class.Good for children with behavioral problems. ( yes this is a con for us). Play yard is small and not very safe. Yard time = deal with meanies time. Children are left to fend for themselves against more aggressive school mates. The director insists we should allow the children to work things out on their own. (???) And watch out for the ball, or it'll hit you hard. You get an ice pack after you get smacked. Inadequate supervision at the yard, but school is in denial. Even after the director admits the yard staff can't keep her watch of all 17 kids. Best part: Director's response to difficult issues " since you don't like this school, you can bring your money and children to another school, and you don't have to finish the school year with us." No refunds for fees paid up front.

Posted December 19, 2013
I have toured a dozen schools before I found a home away from home for my son. I can't say enough great things about the beautiful lake view and the passionate teachers.children are exposed to Monart, cooking, music, science, geography, language, and computers. This is a hidden gem in Orange County and I am able to focus at work knowing my child is learning in a well rounded environment.

Posted November 29, 2013
The class sizes are small and there are several teachers per class room. The staff seems highly trained and extremely dedicated to the parents, teachers, and children.

Posted October 30, 2013
I highly recommend Montessori on the Lake. My daughter has been going to this school since she was 3 months old. She is now 4 and in preschool with Ms. Brandy and Ms. Erin, which I could not ask for better teachers. They are both warm and caring and dedicated to the academic growth of each child. The office staff is also great and always available. The transition from one level to another has been extremely easy for my daughter which puts us parents as ease. But most importantly my daughter LOVES going to school and her teachers.

Posted October 28, 2013
This school has an amazing middle school program. My daughter was struggling at a public school and made the transition mid year to miss Sandys class. She thrived In the environment. Not only did her teacher take extra time from her day to help my daughter, directors were so welcoming and a great help, to me and my daughter!! Thanks motl

Posted October 22, 2013
The staff and faculty are excellent! Such a warm and welcoming environment and I love how my son is thriving! Miss Brandy and Miss Erin are the best!

Posted October 18, 2013
We are so happy to have found Montessori on the Lake. My daughter is in her second year of preschool there, and we couldn't ask for a better program. My daughter adores Ms. Brandy and Ms. Erin, and we've been amazed at her academic progress.

Montessori on the Lake School
23311 Muirlands Boulevard, Lake Forest, CA  92630
Last modified Montessori on the Lake School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Montessori on the Lake School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top