Lake Forest, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 30, 2014
I loved that school. I went preschool thru 5th grade. I wish I was able to continue until 8th grade but my parents wanted me to go to public school.. if you have children that go to Montessori school, it will be a culture shock for them to transition to public school, especially one that gives a lot of homework and teaches very little in the actual class room. Montessori is one of the best schools in my opinion and the meathods of teaching are very effective. I rememer more things from montessori school than I do from any class I took later in life..

Montessori on the Lake School 2

Posted April 30, 2014
Pulled my 2 children out of this school today. Can't stand the school management anymore. Attended almost 4 years. Grade 1 to grade 4. Pros: Some very good teachers. Award 2 stars for the rating. Cons:Lower elementary Spanish is experiential only, boring and outdated teaching style.Had issues with granting bathroom breaks during Spanish class.Good for children with behavioral problems. ( yes this is a con for us). Play yard is small and not very safe. Yard time = deal with meanies time. Children are left to fend for themselves against more aggressive school mates. The director insists we should allow the children to work things out on their own. (???) And watch out for the ball, or it'll hit you hard. You get an ice pack after you get smacked. Inadequate supervision at the yard, but school is in denial. Even after the director admits the yard staff can't keep her watch of all 17 kids. Best part: Director's response to difficult issues " since you don't like this school, you can bring your money and children to another school, and you don't have to finish the school year with us." No refunds for fees paid up front.

Posted December 19, 2013
I have toured a dozen schools before I found a home away from home for my son. I can't say enough great things about the beautiful lake view and the passionate teachers.children are exposed to Monart, cooking, music, science, geography, language, and computers. This is a hidden gem in Orange County and I am able to focus at work knowing my child is learning in a well rounded environment.

Posted November 29, 2013
The class sizes are small and there are several teachers per class room. The staff seems highly trained and extremely dedicated to the parents, teachers, and children.

Posted October 30, 2013
I highly recommend Montessori on the Lake. My daughter has been going to this school since she was 3 months old. She is now 4 and in preschool with Ms. Brandy and Ms. Erin, which I could not ask for better teachers. They are both warm and caring and dedicated to the academic growth of each child. The office staff is also great and always available. The transition from one level to another has been extremely easy for my daughter which puts us parents as ease. But most importantly my daughter LOVES going to school and her teachers.

Posted October 28, 2013
This school has an amazing middle school program. My daughter was struggling at a public school and made the transition mid year to miss Sandys class. She thrived In the environment. Not only did her teacher take extra time from her day to help my daughter, directors were so welcoming and a great help, to me and my daughter!! Thanks motl

Posted October 22, 2013
The staff and faculty are excellent! Such a warm and welcoming environment and I love how my son is thriving! Miss Brandy and Miss Erin are the best!

Posted October 18, 2013
We are so happy to have found Montessori on the Lake. My daughter is in her second year of preschool there, and we couldn't ask for a better program. My daughter adores Ms. Brandy and Ms. Erin, and we've been amazed at her academic progress.

Posted October 18, 2013
Amazing school! My 4 yr old has been there since baby & now my 3 yr old is also in Ms. Brandy's class. My girls love their teachers. The school does a great job transitioning the children from 1 level to the next. Directors & teachers are always responsive. Because there's always someone manning the office, it's easy to get a hold of the teacher vs. leaving vm msgs. (I've called other schools & get vm's during school hrs, very annoying.) It definitely shows that the teachers love it here, most been here for years, very little turnover. This is important for sense of stability for the kids. The campus is also pretty big with multiple playgrounds. Kids sometimes switch play areas - which is great, good to chang the setting. The school does a fabulous job communicating with parents, we get month newsletters on the units of study that month. Net net definitely recommend this school!

Posted October 18, 2013
My daughter has been attending MOTL since she was 18months and is now in Kindergarten. The teachers and staff have always been very attentive and helpful in every way. I love the fact that I know my child is being taken care of as if it is one of their own. I truly appreciate all the time and dedication the teachers put into teaching each and every child.

Montessori on the Lake School
23311 Muirlands Boulevard, Lake Forest, CA  92630
Last modified Montessori on the Lake School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Montessori on the Lake School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top