No rating

Grace Christian Schools

Private | PK-6 | 115 students

GCS is best known for small class sizes & providing a Christ-centered education.

Living in Lake Forest

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $355,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,040.

Posted February 8, 2013

My son started at Grace for preschool and our experience has exceeded my expectations. I toured 10 schools before selecting Grace. Our teacher is exceptional in every regard. We have witnessed immense growth and social development in the first 6 months. The program offers so many additional learning opportunities on top of the daily classes. Every month there are many special classroom events that keep school fun and new. Every single activity has learning and lessons organically woven in. I am a tough critic and I am so pleased.

Posted February 7, 2013

I have three kids and have had various ones in public school, homeschool, and Grace Christian Elementary. Since our family made the switch to Grace, my kids have been so happy. My kids are learning how to write! Writing is one of the most difficult tasks for everyone. GCS provides the building blocks to make it understandable so the kids aren't "stuck." Moreover, math facts practice is part of their daily routine, so that the basic calculations will become second nature. The part that I think is even more important for my kids is the loving atmosphere and the genuine kindness shown to the kids. This is a safe environment for the kids to grow up and receive positive messages about who they are and that God made them for a special purpose. These are the positive images of themselves that I want my kids to have. People worry about whether they will be ready for intermediate school after being under the shelter of a small private school like GCS, but I have only heard positive feedback from the first graduating class. They are prepared because they are strong individuals who have had the proper spiritual and educational foundations.

Posted March 29, 2012

We LOVE Grace! My son is in the Transitional Kindergarten "TK" 3 day class. His teachers are GREAT! He has learned so much! He comes home and tells me the Bible stories he is learning. He leads us in prayer! They have chapel everyday, motor development and music class each week. They also memorize Bible verses and do LOTS of art. His teachers are loving and truly appreciate each of their students. I love how they emphasize good christian character like love, respect, serving others, self control and making good choices. The office staff is also wonderful! I will be sending my little one to Grace for preschool also. I cant say enough how great they are!

Posted December 4, 2010

Our second child is now attending Grace. We absolutely love the preschool program and cannot say enough about the teachers!

Posted November 6, 2010

I currently have 3 children enrolled in Grace (preschool - 3rd grade). The loving teachers and family environment makes Grace special. There is no question that Grace looks at each child as a unique individual and not just a number to fill a spot. My elementary children have thrived in their classrooms. The well-rounded curriculum (art, computers, music, foreign language, PE, bible, and all the rest of the core subjects) is one of the things that impresses me most. It is definitely worth saving a little in other areas in order to send your child to Grace for a superb learning environment and staff that actually cares about your child!!

Posted June 17, 2010

My child has been at Grace Christian Elementary School for going on 5 years! His test scores and kind heart speak for Grace. The teachers and staff on a one to ten are a hundred! I feel so blessed!!! I feel they are building and molding my son be a the amazing confident student and human being that he is today..... I feel so BLESSED to have my son PRAY AT GRACE!

Posted June 11, 2010

My son has attended Grace for past 3 yrs, and is now finishing up with Kindergarten. We love the school! The staff, teachers, parents and support are amazing. He has grown so much and we believe he has gotten to experience more than the average Kindergartener, with the programs Grace offers. Kindergarten is a full day ciriculum that includes art, chapel, computer lab, language, library, P.E. and even field trips.

Posted January 29, 2009

My daughter has been at Grace Christian Schools since the age of three. She went through two years of preschool and is now in the second grade there. Every single experience that I have had with Grace has been wonderful. The teachers and staff are amazing. They truly care and go the extra mile for the children. They pray for them everyday and encourage them in so many ways. My daughter loves school so much, she never wants to leave! She loves learning and participating in school activities outside the classroom as well. I wholeheartedly endorse Grace Christian Schools. My daughter thrives here and the people are wonderful and committed to the Lord.

Posted January 28, 2009

I want to say how impressed I am with Grace Christian Elementary. Beginning with the staff, these women are amazing. I can, with complete honesty say, they rise to occasion. My children, the oldest now in 3rd and youngest in K, are happy, thriving little children of god. We all look forward to each new year.

Posted January 27, 2009

Choosing a private school was difficult financially but I've never regretted it once! Grace Christian is a wonderful, nurturing environment with staff that is above and beyone anything we'd expected. My daughter is thriving as a student and as a Christian with the individual attention and encouragement she recieves at Grace. The ciriculum and programs are progressive and challenge the kids, the self esteem they have from the sucesses they achieve is aparent every day. This is a fabulous school in so many ways, we're so glad to be here and urge anyone considering a Christian Private school to look into Grace. You will not be sorry either.

Posted January 27, 2009

I am so glad that we decided to have our son stay at Grace for kindergarten. He attended preschool there for 2 years, and we were so impressed with the school that we didn't want to leave. I am convinced that the quality of the kindergarten education at Grace far exceeds that of the public schools. I love the full-day program, and the fact that it includes things that they don't always have time for in public kindergarten (i.e. computer lab, library, music, and art class with a specialized teacher).

Posted January 27, 2009

Meet a teacher from our public school that said the children that come from Grace are great model students! I heard many good things so we attended Grace for Preschool 2 days one yr and then 3 days the next and now in Kindergarden. I can't believe how our child has learned in leaps and bounds. Such creative learning! Love Computer art and all the creative projects. Learning about God's word daily is important too! They are taught to be Christ like examples. Starts and ends the day in prayer. My daughter has said to me, that she can't believe the public school doesn't pray or read the bible. She is 5! It is such a supportive group of teachers and moms. It is so well worth it. 14-15 teacher/student ratio and a fabulous assistant. During the year there are fun quality family events. The extended day is the best!

Posted May 20, 2008

Our son has gone to Grace for Pre-K and is now almost done with Kindergarten. We feel so blessed to have him in such a loving, nurturing environment. He always looks forward to school. We love how the entire school meets in the morning for the flag salute and prayer and exercise. Everyone on the staff is wonderful and is truly motivated by what is best for the children. Kindergarten at Grace is full-time so that kids can enjoy enrichment programs that are included in the tuition. Grace Christian School provides a music teacher, art teacher, spanish teacher, computer teacher and a librarian as well as a P.E. teacher. After-school care is very reasonable for parents who work in the afternoons. I encourage anyone needing public school after- care to consider the cost relative to the tuition at Grace. We could not be happier there.

Posted April 30, 2008

We are new to Grace, beginning January of this year... our son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I have worked at Grace for two years but I am new to being a parent. From an employee perspective I'd just like to share that this is the most amazing group of Christian women. The comradarie, unity, genuine concern, and love for one another is a true picture of Christianity! As a staff, we meet for devotions and prayer, every morning. Once you are hired - you never want to leave. I really think this speaks volumes to the type of school Grace is. Everything begins with and ends with prayer. As a parent of a newly diagnosed child with Diabetes, I have felt comforted in knowing my child is in good hands. The kids are so welcoming and loving to new students! We absolutely love Grace!

Posted March 25, 2008

I absolutely love Grace Christian Schools. Both of our sons attend there (kindergarten and PreK) and we couldn't be happier with the program, teachers, and staff. My husband and I are thrilled to have our kids in such a nurturing environment, and love it when they come home singing songs about Jesus. Our sons look forward to going to school every day, in fact, my oldest son says he wishes he could go to school on the weekends. His teacher makes things so fun for him, he actually looks forward to doing his homework. It seems like every week there is something exciting to look forward to such as crazy hair day, pajama day, a book exchange, a field trip, a cooking class, etc. I highly recommend Grace Christian Schools.

Posted March 14, 2008

We were thrilled when Grace decided to add elementary education to its well-established preschool. We've always loved the 'feel' as you drive onto the campus - lots of trees and grass and plenty of room for the kids to run and play. Grace has been around for decades and has ample room to expand as the elementary school grows. Our son has attended Grace for 5 years (2 preschool and 3 elementary). A cornerstone of the excellent Christian-based education students receive is the nurturing of spirit delivered by Grace's teachers and staff. Children are encouraged in many ways, such as receiving 'A Heart for Jesus' certificate specifically for a character trait they exhibit. We love how each morning starts with the staff leading the entire elementary school in prayers, pledges and exercises outside. What a way to get little minds and bodies off to a great start! Way to Grace!

Posted January 10, 2008

We have been at Grace for a few years now. Some of my children are in the preschool program, one in the elementry part of the school. This school is exceptional. From the teacher to the staff to the principle. They all genuinely care about their students. They go above and beyond any school I have seen. When you leave your child at the elementry school, rest assured they will watch your child closely and teach them with love and respect. I would highly recomend this school!

Posted September 4, 2007

My daughter has attended Preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarden and now 1st Grade. This is the ideal community Christian school: loving and dedicated staff, focused on biblical principles and driven toward excellance in academics. Highly recommended!

Posted January 12, 2007

My son has been in the Preschool program at Grace for two years (love it!). We just recently toured the Kindergarten program. What an amazing program! The class size will never be greater than 20 students. They have a full time aid to help the teacher. Grace offers the kindergarten students Spanish, Computer, Library, Art, Music, Chapel and Physical Education in addition to Reading, Writing , Math and Science. The Grace Elementary Program has an amazing PTO. I would highly recommend for people to check out the Elementary Program. We will be sending our son on to the Grace Elementary program.

Posted December 22, 2006

This school came highly recommended by many parents as the best in the area and we were quick to realize it was not easy to get in due to its popularity. If you manage to get your child on the waiting list by phoning in the waiting list 'call-in' day you may be one of the lucky ones. Our son got in the 2nd year for preschool and we had high expectations. They were met! Excellent school, teacher-student ratio 12 to 1, a curriculum for preschooler's that goes beyond just abc and learning colors. Teachers seem to care about each individual child's performance. Some parental involvement for events, but they are not pushy about it at all. Overall, highly recommended. Good value for the better overall education compared to other preschools in area who are just glorified day care centers compared to this one.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff German
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 2:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:45 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:30 p.m.
  • Mrs. Sandi Brakebush
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Evangelical
Fax number
  • (480) 247-4737

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Traditional Core
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Bell / Handbell choir
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Chess club

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Volunteer in the classroom