K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Heritage has been wonderful experience for my family. Small class sizes allow teachers to really get to know each student and their needs. My children are receiving a quality education. We are thankful to be part of HCS.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Heritage is a terrible, family run school with zero accountability and very poor management. The school accepts all learners and the percentage of students with unmet learning disabilities in the classroom is extremely disproportionate. Though the school accepts all learning disabled students, they have no programs in place to meet those learners needs. Consequently, students like my daughter who is a grade level student, fall through the gap because classroom time is consumed by students with learning disabilities. Supervision on the playground is lax and the curriculum at each grade level is pieced together with teachers being left to find curriculum on their own to fill in the gaps. This was our first and last year at this school. It was a disappointing experience all around. My advice is to do your homework regarding leadership before committing to attendance at Heritage.Don't take administrations word for what the environment is, do several unplanned visits to classrooms and playground to make an informed decision.

Heritage Christian is a terrible, family run school. The percentage of learning delayed students to grade level learners is very disproportionate. They accept many students with severe disabilities with no way to help them. Supervision on the playground is lacking and the curriculum is pieced together and does not progress from grade to grade. Teachers are left to find curriculum themselves to fill in the holes. After my one year experience at this school I am very disappointed and my child will be spending her summer tutoring to ensure the gaps are filled from a year in this non-learning environment.

This school is very poorly managed. Your opinions are unwelcome because most of the staff are related. The curriculum is behind even public school. The summer program is video games and candy. They cancel everything last minute with no reduction in price!

My child has a learning disability and the only option available at HCS is repeat a grade. If your child has a special need, you will be told that in addition to private school tuition, you need to also pay for outside help because they are not equipped to help you. It is a loving school, as other reviews say- but unless you have a capable child to begin with, their love won't teach your child to read.

I love this school, my daughter has grown leaps and bounds here, their motto "love makes all the difference" is lived out by the staff and principal. I would highly recommend HCS!

Heritage Christian School Lake forest We are so pleased to be able to participate in such a great school. The summer program was what made our children want to go to this school.

With over 240 students now, we look forward to going here for Junior High. Our daughter went to summer day camp and theater camp and cannot wait to go to this school.

This school is a blessing to my family. Our first day there we felt welcomed and it has been that way ever since. Academics are outstanding, the online student progress is very helpful for busy parents. My son loves the school and it's staff. I would recommend HCS to anyone looking for small classes and caring teachers.

I can only attest to the preschool as I have no experience with the elementary school, but after having my child attend preschool here for the past year, I would not reccomend this school to any one. My mom picked my child up early one day and her teacher was yelling at two of her fellow student- while my mom was in the room. When I toured the school I was shown books with the curriculum for the year. To date I have seen maybe 5 worksheet from those books sent home. I have not seen any organized craft/ project sent home since September.

Last modified Heritage Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12