Lake Forest, CA

Posted December 10, 2014
Great school in a great community in a great upscale Lake Forest neighborhood. The school had some struggles a couple years ago during a change in the principal, but Dr. Norman has been able to turn things around and the school is thriving again. I've had 2 kids graduate from here, and they are top students now in middle school and high school, because they received a strong academic foundation at LFE. Now my youngest just started at LFE and I was so surprised to see algebra methods already being taught in 1st grade. LFE has certainly been raising the bar to keep up with the rest of the country and even exceed the standard. Go dolphins!

Posted June 08, 2014
LFE has the BEST teachers around, and the new principal has made many changes that were necessary. I love the weekly flag salutes, the new recycling program that student council students help with, and the fact that technology is a priority at LFE (there are SmartBoards in every classroom, an updated computer lab and Google ChromeBooks). Their after-school TLC program is very well-run with students' varied needs kept in mind and very kind and caring leaders. Plus, the school has a very diverse student body, and the main classroom building is very uniquely built with windows from the inside hallways and colorful student work up on the walls. The librarian is super sweet too and knows the children. Go LFE!

Lake Forest Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2014
Both of my children attend Lake Forest Elementary and are receiving a great education. My youngest is in Mrs. Fox and VT's class and I could not be happier. They have been able to get my shy youngster out of her shell and inspire confidence in her that I only dreamed of. They are dream teachers and I only wish my oldest child would have been able to experience them in first grade as well. The new principal has exceeded my expectations as well and is making changes in the school that are necessary but difficult. I respect her and know that my kids are in good hands.

Posted May 06, 2014
My daughter (who was home-schooled) started Kindergarten last year (2013/14) and absolutely adores her teacher Mrs. T. Higgins. She is not the only one - all the other kids are always excited to go to school and share with parents what they did with Mrs H. As a parent, I am amazed at how upbeat, caring and firm Mrs H can be. I am not too thrilled with the size of the class (30+ students) but she and her assistants do a great job. I hope she will stay on as I have a younger son who is adamant that he will get her as HIS kindergarten teacher in the future. The principal seems very approachable and hands-on, and the events at the school are well-run with an active PTO and parent participation.

Posted December 11, 2013
My daughter started Kindergarten this year and loves it. Mrs. Higgins is very caring and fun. She interacts so well with each child and seems to knows how to make learning fun. My daughter loves school and it's all thanks to Mrs. Higgins. Thanks a bunch!!!

Posted October 01, 2013
My family moved to Lake Forest a year ago and this school is by far the greatest son has ever been to, given he came from a very good school from one of the neighboring cities. Some parents think that the teachers are being hard on the students, But I think the lectures given to the kids are just and excellent. The teachers teach...and yet they still care a lot for the kids. The classrooms are big enough for the class and they have Smartboards so kids with lung condition won't have to suffer. If you want to enroll your kid to an excellent school, this is THE School.

Lake Forest Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2013
Lake Forest is a great place! I have only been here for a year but so far so good. My daughter was in second grade last year, and we were very pleased with the community, programs and parental involvement. My son is entering kindergarten this year and the preparation has been great (a kinder playdate with teachers, an orientation with teachers and kids, and more).

Lake Forest Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2013
We have been at this school for a few years now. I was very happy with the Kindergarten and first grade teachers. My children were growing and progressing nicely. I never believed in requesting a teacher but after 2nd grade I highly suggest it. My child was not challenged and just stayed the course, therefore has not gained anything from that year. The parents who do participate are wonderful! Also, the interim principals have made many improvements i.e. student council and being more visible on campus. The morale as with many campuses is moderate. I would love to see more smiles around campus.

Lake Forest Elementary School 1

Posted December 31, 2012
We moved to the area from out of state. Loved the teachers, but the principal was so out of touch with the students. Didn't acknowledge students walking in or around the campus. The rules are so strict its almost like a prison there. Class sizes are about 33+ per room and kids are crammed into rooms and cant even move around in there. Check carefully before you enroll at this school.

Lake Forest Elementary School 3

Posted November 07, 2012
When we moved here two years ago, I loved this school. My kids were then in kindergarten and second grade. They are now in second and fourth and I'm not as impressed. The teachers are pushing way too hard and not taking their time to let the kids grasp concepts. My kids still get good grades (A's and B's) but never get positive feedback from their teachers. My youngest had extremely negative comments on her report card, yet she still holds an overall A. I was told yesterday that many of the children frequently miss recess because they can't finish all their work. The kids need that break! Both of my kids are top of their class but they are beginning to dislike school. One of my daughters also came home yesterday telling me her teacher told the class that if Mitt Romney was elected he was going to destroy the economy. Personal political opinions have no place in a elementary classes!!

Lake Forest Elementary School
21801 Pittsford Drive, Lake Forest, CA  92630
Last modified Lake Forest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Forest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top