Lake Forest, CA

Posted March 12, 2014
I have been going to this school for the past eight years and I would like to say I have really enjoyed ASLS. I love the sports ASLS has available for me and the other students to take part in. The academics here are great and I feel like I am learning a lot. I love ASLS!

Posted February 10, 2014
We loooooooooooooooooooooovveee it here! I know, grammatically incorrect, but I am trying relay the passion we have for this school. The pre-school and the elementary school is wonderful. The education and faith-based curriculum is the best. We also love the teachers, and how much the truly love the children. It is a family at ASLS, and we can't recommend it enough. Yes the campus is a little too much concrete, but one thing is for sure...my kids are safe and loved...and learning! What more can you ask for!

Posted November 21, 2013
Fantastic school! I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a caring staff and an excellent academic program. My child has flourished socially and academically. Thank you to all the dedicated staff and teachers!

Posted November 08, 2013
I strongly disagree with last review saying experience was good but not great... Our son has attended for the last 3 yrs and we have enjoyed a truly GREAT experience! ASLS offers excellerated classes for those that are working beyond their grade level as well as a resource teacher for those that need a bit of extra help. The upper grades mentor the younger thru the school's buddy program and there are sooo many opportunities to participate in activities that allow you to fellowship with ASLS families , allowing for a strong school/church community ... Sometimes we need to look towards ourselves if we feel something is missing.. Perhaps we aren't 100% involved... ... A very very happy Abiding Savior parent

Abiding Savior Lutheran School 3

Posted May 27, 2013
My child attended ASLS for two years and I would say our experience at the time was good but not great and we were definitely not happy enough there to continue to stay there. The academics were average at best and not overly challenging. I did not see a concerted effort on focusing on the whole child and/or a sense of community with this school, like with the school we are now at. With a new principal coming up, I am confident that it will make for a positive improvement to this school.

Posted April 20, 2013
Our children have attended three preschools in the area and Abiding Savior is by far the best preschool when it comes to academic preparation for Kindergarten. We have been very impressed with the methodology of teaching phonics and printing, we have seen one of our younger children, who had previously struggled with printing, just blossom at Abiding Savior. We get pictures of our child almost weekly emailed by his teacher and there are great activities in the classroom each week. This past week the students painted with a blindfold to simulate what being blind feels like, the artwork was on the wall that week, we did not have to wait until the end of the year to see it, like we did at the other schools. The classroom also has a full time aide and she assists the students with their printing and art activities. The special events hosted by the preschool are held at night so parents who work during the day or are not able to leave their younger children at a sitter are able to attend and enjoy that special time with their students. We are very lucky to have found Abiding Savior this year and we look forward to summer school this June and July!

Posted January 18, 2013
Abiding Savior Preschool and Grade School are the best private schools in the Lake Forest area. Over the years our children have attended six different preschools and two different private schools in the area and Abiding Savior is definitely the only school I will wholeheartedly recommend. The preschool is exactly what a parent wants it to be: engaging, exciting and welcoming to the children, their siblings and parents. This preschool has a curriculum that has been the most beneficial for our children, who are printing and reading at a skill level that is way ahead of the pack. The grade school is definitely the most established private school in the area; it has a very well-rounded approach to meeting each student's needs. The campus is secure and as the children move from class to recess to lunch or PE they are monitored by the staff who take their job very seriously and are devoted to the students at the school. We consider our family to be very lucky to be at Abiding Savior, we recommend only this school to our friends and neighbors and encourage them to go to the campus and meet the staff and teachers. Thanks for reading my post, best wishes to you and your children!

Posted July 12, 2011
Beautiful School. We scouted tons of private schools in South OC before finding ASLS. Spectacular campus and beyond impressive classrooms. The Administration is eager to help and my children connected with their teachers immediately. They have a resource teacher for children who need help.

Posted September 11, 2010
My daughter graduated from Abiding Savior and tested into honors classes in high school. I believe this school provided so much more for her than she would have received in the public schools. The teachers and staff are caring and involved. We LOVED this school!

Posted June 25, 2010
My son attended pre-K here this past year. After attending Grace Christian school last year, we decided to try AS after hearing great reviews. We felt Grace did not have a strong pre-K academic program. I was so impressed with the love and attention his teachers and staff provided to my son and our family this year. My son was so excited to learn each day. The academic program is excellent! He started initiating prayer at the dinner table which made us so happy. He was writing his name at an early point of the year. If you are looking for a loving, Christ centered school then this is the school to choose!

Abiding Savior Lutheran School
23262 El Toro Road, Lake Forest, CA  92630
Last modified Abiding Savior Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Abiding Savior Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top