No rating

Delphi Academy of Los Angeles

Private | PK-12 | 170 students

Our school is best known for the excellence of our standards of education.

Living in Lake View...

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $254,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,570.

Posted June 18, 2014

Delphi is awesome! My kids love it and are doing SO well. ALL kids should go to Delphi! My kids are learning quickly, have great friends and are proud of themselves/happy and calm.

Posted November 7, 2011

My son comes home singing every night after being at Delphi Academy Los Angeles all day. He is a happy boy, excelling in many different subjects. He's having a blast playing flag football and is deeply involved in Lego League... and he's 8 years old!! We LOVE Delphi Academy Los Angeles for being a Partner with me in the education of my son. Thank you Delphi LA!!

Posted November 7, 2011

My 4 1/2 year old son loves this school, his teachers and his classmates. There are so many things that I like about this school. Here are a few of them: I like that each child has an individual program so can work on their strong and weak areas at a pace that is right for them. The teachers take the time to make sure each child is doing well socially as well as in thier studies. I am happy that he can get individual attention because the classes are not overcrowded. It is a very caring atmosphere. I am impressed at how the older kids take an interest in being good role models for the young kids in the school.

Posted August 26, 2011

This school deserves every fifth star I've given it and way more. My daughter absolutely loves this school and once you go Delphi you never go back!

Posted July 28, 2011

My 8 year-old daughter has gone to Delphi Academy since she was 3 1/2 and we absolutely love it! She has been able to foster a love of learning right from the beginning with teachers who ensure her understanding on every part of the curriculum, not just to a passing standard, but a full understanding. We are so grateful to have such a fantastic school available to us! My 1 year-old is already enrolled to start the preschool as soon as he turns 2!

Posted July 25, 2011

I have a child in middle school, about to enter high school and one in preschool at Delphi Academy. I conisder this school, the best I have ever seen. Both of my boys are flourishing there. They are both learning at astomically rates and are emmersed in a wide range of knowledge so they really get and understand for themsevles each thing they are studying. I have seen my older boy put different things he has learned at different times together for a really well rounded deep understanding of the subject. Both boys can not wait to get to school in the morning and love their friends and teachers. I highly recommend this school!

Posted July 25, 2011

My children love attending Delphi. I know that the education they are receiving is excellent and that they will actually know (not memorize) what they learn. My biggest goal for my children is for them to have the ability to pick up any book and learn a new subject. I feel Delphi is the school where they will achieve this.

Posted February 12, 2010

My son LOVES his school. He has become a leader and friend to all ages there - The teachers too. He knows that he is in a safe environment at Delphi Academy. Every time I am at the school I observe the kids relationship towards each other and am amazed at how they encourage each other and are really friends that care about how the other is doing. I have never heard the kids say bad things about the other. I wish I had grown up with this type of school when I was a child!!

Posted February 2, 2010

My daughter just started Delphi La and Loves it. She has made so many great friends and her teacher is so wonderful and happy! They have a science lab so now my daughter has a great interest in science. They have a wonderful theater and music program. It's a little far away from where we live but so worth the drive!!! :) We love it!

Posted January 20, 2010

My daughter started in Delphi last year and the change in her is amazing. All of a sudden it seems her creative expression soared. She started playing piano, singing in the choir, playing drums in a band, took up volleyball and loves it! She has clearly shown an enormous increase in her interest and participation in Life! I highly recommend this school to any parent who wants to see their child reach their full potential.

Posted January 9, 2010

Any parent who is considering home schooling their child should take a look at this school. At Delphi, your child will receive a great education and individual attention in addition to socialization skills. Delphi utilizes a 'standards' program where your child will not just memorize their studies, they will progress knowing the information and be able to apply it.

Posted January 9, 2010

Our son has been a student at Delphi for 3 years. His younger brother will be starting this year. Delphi has helped him become a confident, educated, polite young man that has an incredible desire to learn. He loves to go to school. Rarely will he be ready to go home when we pick him up. We highly recommend this school to any parent looking for an exceptional education for their children. The teachers and staff are second to none and inspire their students. You will not be disappointed!

Posted January 5, 2010

This school is exceptional in it's academics. A child who attends this school will learn how to learn, be able to study anything and be able to apply it to his or her own life in a positive way. The Basics are learned throughly and are built upon it a way that gives each student the ability to excel in life. This is proven when you look at the students who have graduated from Delphi. I've looked at many schools and have never found a school like Delphi Academy. It's the best!!!

Posted January 5, 2010

Delphi is an amazing institution with small classes, motivated teachers and a strong ethics division that makes sure every kid is doing well and is well behaved. They have sports, arts, and many kinds of extra curricular activities. My daughter loves it there and I'd advise any parents looking for a private school in this area to please check it out. You won't be disappointed!

Posted January 5, 2010

We have two boys that attend this school. There are so many wonderful things to say but to sum it up each child is treated as an individual with a curriculum tallored to the speed at which they can learn. This means they actully learn. Our boys are so much brighter and and happier than most children their ages. When I go to pick them up at the end of the day, they rarely want to leave the school, that really sums it up nicely.

Posted August 6, 2009

All three of my children got to Delphi LA and they have been loving it! They switched to go there over a year ago and their progress is amazing! My six year old (he was about five when he started and he couldn't read anything yet as he had no desire to learn how and wouldn't pay attention at school in that area - although he was waaay ahead in math). Now he can read anything! My husband and I go out and we will continually be amazed as he will read signs with large words with ease and understand the words and their meaning! It is truely amazing! My 12 year old LOVES it as he is a very quick student and being able to work at a pace that suits him has allowed him to move ahead in his studies so he is never bored. Overall I am thrilled!

Posted August 3, 2009

My daughter started going to Delphi about a year ago. She was very behind in reading and hated doing it. She always seemed overwhelmed by reading and acted like it was torture for her. Now she tells me she has 3 books to read this week and it s no big deal . I also love the curriculum. The projects and the hands on exercises made me want to take some classes. I know that when she graduates she will be ready to go on to college even though she had some trouble in the past. My friend has a son who is advanced and he is also doing well here. He is encouraged to advance even more and is expecting to graduate early.

Posted July 23, 2009

I have 2 kids in this school age 7 - twins. When I was at this age I was in grade 1. Both my kids are at the reading level of grade 3 and 4. Amazing how they are in an environment that brings out their self-confidence and raises their aptitude level. They love to learn and look forward to going to school everyday. It is a safe environment to grow, learn and develop.

Posted July 19, 2009

My 6 year old son goes to school at Delphi LA. He loves it! He is reading at a second grade level, writes in cursive and excels in math. When I pick him up at the end of the day I always have to wait as he is not ready to leave yet. There is always 'just one more thing' he wants to do! He adores his teacher and his friends. The summer program here is REALLY fun. It's a great time for kids to try out the school and see how they like it.

Posted July 17, 2009

We recently moved our teenage children to Delphi Academy and they are thriving! One does not have to worry about the normal peer pressure of drugs, gangs, sexual activity etc. The sole focus is education and as a prior student myself I have no doubt that they will retain what they learn, have the ability to apply it towards their goals.

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Various other schools
Percentage of students going to 2-year college 15% (2013)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 35% (2013)
Percentage of students going directly into the workforce 50% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation West coast colleges
California State Colleges
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Reading specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
French
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Presidential Academic Achievement (2012)
  • CIF Academic Excellence (2010)
  • Presidential Academic Achievement (2013)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Science club

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 5:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 8:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:30 p.m.
  • Karen Dale
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Extended/longer school day
  • Year-round
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Fax number
  • (818) 583-1082

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Classical (e.g., focuses on the "classics")
  • College prep
  • Independent Study
  • Individually guided instruction
  • Internships
  • Project-based
  • Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• None
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Computer specialist(s)
  • Cooking/Nutrition teacher(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)

• Poetry
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Boy scouts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

8 out of 10students were accepted for the 2012-2013 school year.

Students accepted for the 2012-2013 school year
Applications received for the 2012-2013 school year
Students typically come from these schools
Various other schools

Financial aid offered
School-based aid
Outside scholarships

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
West coast colleges
California State Colleges
College preparation / awareness offered
School-sponsored trips to college campuses
Summer college prep programs