Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Since principal change the school has gone from bad to really really bad. Principal Brown left and the place really fell apart.The lunch duties are on power kicks. The recess duties exclude certain kids that might not be as athletic as others. They turned all the parking spots into volunteer parking in the whole parking lot. Mrs. Silva has not sent out any emails on any current events like what we were all used to. Thank God its my childs last year here. Its getting worse every day.

Develops character: Neutral

If it comes from our current government, then no. If an elected body that was put into place to represent the people to up hold their votes, their values, their integrity and fail to do this, then it seems that this too has infiltrated our public school system.

Probably the loudest school in the district! If you want to send your children to a school where they have a rock and roll jog-a-thon every Friday morning, with blasting music and no regards to the neighborhood, this is the place. Plus, if you want your children to be hollered at during the day, this is the place. From a concerned neighbor who has lived behind the school for 23 years. Seems like the school has gone from a school who cared about their students, to a school who wants to party. Not right!

This is the worst school my children have ever attended! we are new to this town and new to the school.my oldest boy has physical therapy for back problems and his teacher never gets together his work that he misses because of his doctors appointment, after I've repeatedly asked her to along with giving her plenty of notice to get them together.all she tells us is that it's his responsibility, but yet he's falling farther and farther behind.it is her responsibility as a teacher to make sure he's understanding what the directions are, what he is supposed to do, and to get the work that he missed if he's out for doctors appointments or sick. How is my child to be successful if he doesn't understand how or what to do? My children are being bulli. And NOTHING is being done about it!! This school, principal, and teachers disgust me!!

We have had two children go K-5 at Lemon Crest and they did great, we presently have another in K. Teachers are outstanding and great leaders. I see parents on this post complaining about too much homework or a couple absurd comments that make me wonder about the quality of parents saying that the school expects the parents to teach (duh) and do their students homework, and another comment 'the students are punished for things that are the parents fault' (I am guessing this has to do with tardiness). To that I say, yes there is homework starting in K. I personally think is great to start them early with homework because good homework habits are crucial to higher education. Yes, part of your responsibility as a parent is to help teach your child. You are responsible for your child, teach them to be on time - there is no excuse for tardiness so don t put your child in that position that they will be punished for it! Finally, it is your own fault you are doing your child s homework, they are capable of doing it themselves; encourage, support and assist them and they will do it. Start being parents and stop expecting everyone else to do your job!

This is by far one of the worst schools my son has attended. He went into 3rd grade knowing his multiplication tables and came out knowing nothing. He is currently below 4th grade level per his teacher yet they are passing him on to 5th. The school told me that they do not "hold back" students, whether they are at grade level or not doesn't matter they will continue to pass them without any regard to what the child actually knows. The teaching skills of the staff are virtually non-existent. The only things my child learns are at home. He comes home with loads of homework everyday with no explanation from his teacher of how to begin doing it. This school has done nothing good for my son at all despite my constant requests.

way too much homework is right- we'd rather be playing games and spending time laughing and talking as a family than using up nearly the entire evening on homework and the weekly packet. i don't see how all of this homework is helping him learn more- it seems more like he's stuck behind a desk with an inbox and an outbox, trying to meet deadlines.

My child was at this school for two years and I was completely unimpressed. They gave a tremendous amount of home work and projects such as reports and such were not allowed to be done at school. The kids had to bring it home and have their parents do it. My child was in 5th grade and assigned a 10 page research project to do at home with an addititional 5 pgs of illustration and the teacher just handed out the instructions without even teaching them how to properly research. The teaching was left up to the parents. Also in the way of punishments, the children there are punished for things their parents are responsible for. I was not impressed with anything about this school. It is by far the worst school my child has attended which is alot since we are military and move frequently.

I love the teachers at Lemon Crest! They are wonderful.

My child was in first grade last year and the teacher gave WAAAAYYY too much homework. The homework was never returned to the parents so I don't know if they even corrected it. Also, the green, yellow, red system is being implemented incorrectly since the children are penalized for inconsequential stuff and once they get a red card they can't earn their way back. Also, wasn't impressed with the quality of the education.

Last modified Lemon Crest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.